Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2011 at 10:38 AM
Default Taking Limo everywhere
One of my sim is rank 10 in Business Career, and has 2 stars in Celebrity. Despite having 2 expensive cars and a motorbike in inventory, he literately takes limo everywhere he goes unless I initiate his commute directly on a vehicle.

For some sims, this can be a joy. But for this sim, who is actually a vehicle enthusiast and desire to own and drive expensive cars, stuffing him in limo will kill him. And here is an oddity: if he has vehicles in inventory, he still takes limo, and limo will get straight to destination in 1 ride. However, if he has no vehicle in inventory, getting from point A to point B will require several combinations of limo ride + subway, depending on route, just like taxiing.

So now that he is not only forced to sit in limo like his grandpa who may be too weak to drive, his limo is willing to drive him short distances forcing him to take pubic transit. Yet, if he has car, limo is overly protective and willing to take him the whole way just to ensure he doesn't have to drive at all.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th May 2011 at 11:27 AM
Whenever I've used Buzzler's Carpool Disabler, such sims never seem to use the limo ever.

I've observed this, even in the case of a sim who has 5 stars of celebrity status, and level 10 in the business career, or even many other careers I've tried. Those include medical, education, and journalism.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2011 at 11:35 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 24th May 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Oh nice, I am going to disable that right now!!!

Sad sad sad .... carpool is disabled, and my sim still takes limo when carrying 3 vehicles on him. 2 custom cars from Fresh prince and this sport bike from Fast Lane stuff pack.

#4 Old 25th May 2011 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Oh nice, I am going to disable that right now!!!

Sad sad sad .... carpool is disabled, and my sim still takes limo when carrying 3 vehicles on him. 2 custom cars from Fresh prince and this sport bike from Fast Lane stuff pack.

I can have sympathy My current sim has Fresh Prince's Rolls Royce and he goes everywhere in his Police car ... It makes NO sense!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2011 at 8:41 AM
When I earn enough money, my sim will quit Rank 10 Business and become self employed. That way he will get to drive around, I guess it will have to come to that.

Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 6:58 PM
Have you tried setting one car as the sim's preferred vehicle? This seems to have overridden the Limo in my game at the moment.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:30 AM
True, but this doesn't seem to work at all times in game.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 12:53 PM
My rank 10 Business sim seems to limo every single place, regardless of disabling carpool, or set preferred vehicle. The only thing I haven't tried is giving him the most expensive car, he is ... not that rich still.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 4:26 AM
If you get the most expensive car your Celebrities will still use the limo half the times they need to go somewhere.