Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2011 at 7:27 PM
Default Generation problem, HELP ME! (I hate pre-ordering)
People are saying on here that if you pre-order the generations, you get a free stuff pack. Where the heck IS THIS? Is it only a US thing? Am I looking at the wrong stores (stupid best buy)? I want my stuff pack!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th May 2011 at 7:41 PM
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th May 2011 at 7:47 PM
Well, I'm a finn and I got email from EA (in finnish ofc) about that offer so I think it is not US only.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th May 2011 at 8:09 PM Last edited by varpunen : 27th May 2011 at 9:06 PM.
I'm a finn, as well, and I got that offer too. It's kind a interesting to have a whole stuff pack as a gift.

ebec17... try looking from the EA Store. That's where I got the offer from.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2011 at 10:09 PM
Yeah, I assumed that people would be complaining heavily if it was a US only gift. I have a feeeeeeling that because I'm Canadian and not American that I'm going to get ripped off here. Also, does the link from the second post exclude me from free shipping or from being able to do the pre-order at all? And why does the US site have advertisement of Generations, while the Canadian one is still advertising the release of Medieval? *grumbles*
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2011 at 10:17 PM
It's definitely from the EA store only because I saw it on an EA video about Generations. It's valid until the 30th IIRC.
Alchemist
#7 Old 27th May 2011 at 11:23 PM
Yep. I went and pre-ordered the Generations just a few minutes ago and now I have the Outdoor Living, as well. They gave it straightaway. It was kind a nice because I wouldn't have gotten that stuff pack otherwhise.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2011 at 12:58 AM
*gives evil eye* I can't order online for various reasons, but my mom offered to pay for Generations for helping her with some chores, so I'll just buy a stuff pack and pretend I got Generations for free with the stuff pack XD
Alchemist
#9 Old 28th May 2011 at 1:17 AM
Uh, sorry. *Runs fast and hides* This did make a little dent into my budget and I did mean to wait but the stuff pack gift tipped the scale. I couldn't pass it. So no new games after this for me untill the pets arrive.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2011 at 1:31 AM
It's okay, I was only joking with the evil eye :P
I'm glad that a lot of people get to enjoy that deal, it's just not for me I guess :P
Alchemist
#11 Old 28th May 2011 at 1:51 AM
Well, at least you get to enjoy the Generations. I value that way more than OL. OL had such a limited amount of content that I didn't even want it when it first came out and definitely wouldn't pay for it now. Of course I can understand that you would like to have it as well for free but I hope that the Generations will make up for it even a little.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th May 2011 at 4:36 AM
This might be stupid but...

It gives two options for the pre-order: PC download and PC shipping. If I order PC shipping, will they also send Outdoor Stuff, or is it just for download? Also, will it download and work on a Mac or am I SOL and should just buy it after it comes out and forego the stuff pack? (Did that make sense?)
Instructor
#13 Old 28th May 2011 at 5:17 AM
Woah, a free stuff pack? I'm guessing sales are really low for OLS. 'Figures. It looked really crappy.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th May 2011 at 7:51 AM
Doesn't say free stuff pack for me. It says if you order Generations you get 20% off Late Night.
Alchemist
#15 Old 28th May 2011 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
Woah, a free stuff pack? I'm guessing sales are really low for OLS. 'Figures. It looked really crappy.

Yeah, I was kind a smiling at that, too. OL must have definitely been a real flop and they have large piles of it stored somewhere. Now they need to get rid off them.

Charity... did you look from the EA store or somewhere else? It's an EA store only offer.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th May 2011 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Charity... did you look from the EA store or somewhere else? It's an EA store only offer.

I looked on Robodl95' link.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th May 2011 at 11:57 AM
I just checked Rob's link and it's offering the free SP for me and I'm not even in the US:
Screenshots
Alchemist
#18 Old 28th May 2011 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
I just checked Rob's link and it's offering the free SP for me and I'm not even in the US

Same for me. Odd. Maybe it's different for some countries?
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th May 2011 at 1:09 PM
You guys suck. You know what I got in my shopping basket? For some retarded reason, I got Generations and Late Night. >_< I don't NEED Late Night! I thought it was just some mix up and that I'd get OLS.
I didn't. I am a very sad panda.
Alchemist
#20 Old 28th May 2011 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadzicle
You guys suck. You know what I got in my shopping basket? For some retarded reason, I got Generations and Late Night. >_< I don't NEED Late Night! I thought it was just some mix up and that I'd get OLS.

Through EA store???
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th May 2011 at 1:30 PM
I bought ol about half an hour before it was announced you could get it free when you preordered. I felt like kicking myself.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th May 2011 at 3:51 PM
I went right to the shopping cart. Still Late Night and Generations. I'm in New Zealand.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th May 2011 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadzicle

But it shows Late Night in the shopping basket before you purchase so you didn't purchase it did you?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th May 2011 at 4:42 PM
I tried ordering on EA but it wouldn't let me, I was gonna give away Outdoor Stuff if I got it. I just ended up pre-ordering on Amazon
Alchemist
#25 Old 28th May 2011 at 4:53 PM
This is certainly strange. For me, if I tried to order it again, still shows Outdoor Living. I can't think of any other reason except that maybe it really has something to do with the country you live in.
Page 1 of 2