Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Base game box braids for all ages/genders

by Cheryl Mason Posted 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:53 PM - Updated 5th Jun 2011 at 12:30 PM by Cheryl Mason : Correcting broken file

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:28 AM
Cheryl Mason THANK YOU for this! I LOVE it!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:10 AM
Thanks so much! Could you maybe covert the cornrows in the store in the beach set to kids also?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:49 AM
Love it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugarwater
Thanks so much! Could you maybe covert the cornrows in the store in the beach set to kids also?

I'd love to, but it's a hat :/ I'm trying to find out now whether that's possible with Delphy's program. If it is, I'll do it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:49 PM
Thank you so much for this! I have to have it :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:38 PM
Nice work! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:26 PM
Thanks, can put my babies hair in braids now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:12 PM
Thank you so much! I've been waiting for someone to do this.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 9:39 AM
Uh oh. I have a bit of a problem. I downloaded this and find that it works perfectly for my toddler, but for children it doesn't. Just take a look: As you can see, all three pics have this dark face effect, when this hair is applied.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahRain22
Uh oh. I have a bit of a problem. I downloaded this and find that it works perfectly for my toddler, but for children it doesn't. Just take a look:

AHAHAHAHA ahem. XD I seem to have accidentally created the Bearded Lady. I've uploaded the corrected version; please redownload. The CAS thumbnail might remain dark, but the actual hair will be all right. (If you want to correct the dark thumbnail, I think you have to remove the hair from the game and then put it back in again; I'm not sure, though.)

Thanks so much for letting me know. Please tell me if anything else goes wrong.

Cheryl xxx
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:30 PM
You could just delete the CASPartCache (IIRC) package from Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and that should force the game to update CAS thumbnails.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:48 PM
lol! I had the same problem and thought I had just gotten a corrupted download or something. It was definitely startling when I put the hair on a child and it came with a creepy face mask lol. Thanks for the quick fix =)
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheryl Mason
AHAHAHAHA ahem. XD I seem to have accidentally created the Bearded Lady. I've uploaded the corrected version; please redownload. The CAS thumbnail might remain dark, but the actual hair will be all right. (If you want to correct the dark thumbnail, I think you have to remove the hair from the game and then put it back in again; I'm not sure, though.)

Thanks so much for letting me know. Please tell me if anything else goes wrong.

Cheryl xxx
Lol, yes she does resemble Jojo the Dog face boy doesn't she? And thank you muchly for the quick response. I'll redownload now.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkBlue
You could just delete the CASPartCache (IIRC) package from Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and that should force the game to update CAS thumbnails.
I'll try this. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:03 AM
Thanks for this! There just isn't enough options for natural black hair.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:10 PM
Do u take requests?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:16 AM
Thanx hun
Instructor
#19 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:24 PM
Your toddler is so0o0o cute can I have her pretty please?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 10:10 PM
goes perfectly with my african children, thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 10:44 PM
Like someone said - there aren't enough options for black hair that isn't straightened. So thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 11:25 AM
The bangs clip into the top of the heads of some sims making them look bald in front.