Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 59 (Who?), Viewed: 9706 times.
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:46 PM
Default Am I the only one that doesn't torture/kill my sims?
Seriously..I feel a bit disturbed that so many people get a kick out of starving/burning/drowning their sims to death, making them piss themselves, making them depressed, etc.
I mean yeah, it can be entertaining to make their moods fluxuate (I could pretend one of my female characters is on her period or something ) but I wouldn't take it past that.

Maybe I'm just a pansy. But I don't care. I wanted to make a ghost-house, and before I discovered the SimTransformer mod, I quickly starved one of my sims, but watching him starve to death was...really saddening to me.

"It's just a game, Sims aren't real, I wouldn't do it irl if I had the chance"
Sorry, but to me that doesn't count. =/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:51 PM
I feel the same, that and honestly, I've never had a Sim die in TS3 yet, of old age or whatnot. I always get too bored with a family and then start a new one

i am spiders georg
*shrugs*
staff: moderator
#3 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:52 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 31st May 2011 at 10:13 PM.
Did you ever play TS2? If you have ever hired a TS2 nanny, you might understand. Some people have deep-seated hatred towards the nannies for what they do to the children.

In all seriousness though, some of my more interesting Sims failed to live 100% happy, pampered, and perfect lives. They lived what some may call "real" lives. They seemed to have deeper character. They were survivors of heartache and struggle. (It wasn't out of some sort of sick pleasure on my part.) As some would say, "you must endure the storm to be able to see the rainbow."

ETA: Yeah, it's quicker to use mods to make a ghost house, zombies, or whatever death-related supernatural element.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:05 PM
I've never purposefully tortured my sims but I've done it accidentally.
I've left them cooking or fixing something and they've gotten burnt / electrocuted etc. I never mean to...

My sister on the other hand is an expert at being a sims worse nightmare. She once built a room in TS2, filled it with plants and put a sim in there with on the of NL flame thrower things. Well... I'm sure you can guess the rest.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:10 PM
I don't kill my sims. It just isn't... Fun.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! Youll get the most recent news and goss when Im making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:28 PM
No Sim has never died in my game for age or accident, actually they all live a perfect, happy life. To make things even more perfect, I usually resurrect all the ghost I can find, spending nights in the cemetery, feeding them with Ambrosia and, when they resurrect, adding them to the family with Nraas' Master Controller. On a second time I move them to a nice house, give them the job they desire and so on. If they are elders, I edit in CAS them and make them young adults or adults (it depends from the population I'm having in neighborhood) because I want to give them a second chance to live a happy life. For a long time the "resurrecter" has been Claire Ursine and the first resurrected ghost was Ransom Clavell (ending up with a marriage and many kids), passing over the Clavell family (the one in Sunset Valley), changing their traits, age, making all them perfect with (I have made this "challenge" many times, always changing little particulars). I like to see them lucky, with good jobs and all their desires fullfilled!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:31 PM
I am so sad when any of my sims die. Had a new sim die because they wanted to fix the stereo when I was busy on another sim, they got electrocuted and die. I tried to get his wife to save his life, but Grim beat her at chess. So since I was irritated with his stupidity, I let him stay dead. That is as far as killing my sims will go. I don't enjoy killing my sims.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:47 PM
I used to kill sims for fun. I think it's really about control, not about being a murderous weirdo, because last I checked I would never kill anyone IRL . In Sims 1, when you really couldn't do much as far as making your sims have their own face, I made sims of people I didn't like and killed them. I was in middle school and having a very hard time emotionally, especially in the area of feeling like I had control over my own life. I did that less and less the more I customized sims, I think because they seemed more like people than they did before. Now I never do it, and I prefer my sims to be happy.

Also, in Sims 1, I killed sims if I wanted to remake the same sim with a new face, like if I installed a new EP or just decided I liked a different face better. I never killed anyone that wasn't for that or a sim of someone I didn't like.

In my amazing Sims 2 hood that I still miss like crazy, three of my sims accidentally drowned without me even seeing. I was very sad for a long time because of it, partially because their deaths greatly affected the hood. One guy was left without his mom, his best friend, and his little cousin. A mother was left without her child. Another mother had to raise her twins by herself. I never would've killed those sims on purpose. The only Sims 2 sims I killed were killed for the purpose of my neighborhood story, not for torture.

No one's died on Sims 3 yet, and I'm not looking forward to when they do. I've actually been searching for a mod where everyone can have a gravestone regardless of their friend status to the active household so I don't lose any of my dear Sims.

Just wanted to offer a possible explanation from the Other Side .
Alchemist
#9 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:54 PM
i kill them when they get too boring or when i need space in the home for new sims....but i use twallans' master controller or ani_'s dexter bear to get it done quickly. its not so much a "fun" thing for me as it is a short lived minor inconvenience.

but then its pretty rare, in general, that i get sentimentally attached to my virtual dollies. if ive got something for them to do, im less likely to kill them. useful sims last longest.

A spherical bastard is one that remains a bastard regardless of the direction or angle they are viewed from.
Scholar
#10 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:46 PM
I just kill my Sim when necessary (like for making a story, or it's his/her time to go...)

Hey there! :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevanna
I've never purposefully tortured my sims but I've done it accidentally.
I've left them cooking or fixing something and they've gotten burnt / electrocuted etc. I never mean to...

My sister on the other hand is an expert at being a sims worse nightmare. She once built a room in TS2, filled it with plants and put a sim in there with on the of NL flame thrower things. Well... I'm sure you can guess the rest.

Oh jeez Yeah, I've had a Sim accidentally catch fire from being near a fireplace. Luckily I hadn't done much beforehand, so I just restarted from my last save :P

And yeesh poor Sim. ....and poor plants. XD
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:19 AM
I killed one of my sim's bosses because he refused to even befriend my sim after days worth of socializing. And he was an ugly premade.

I also killed a sim for the sake of a story.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:21 AM
I accidentally killed my favorite sim just a couple of days ago. No torture involved. It was an accident.

To top it off, I was also talking to a friend on Skype at the same time, and then she started giving me a hard time. She said, "You sick, horrible, person. How could you!?"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkiemybaby
I used to kill sims for fun. I think it's really about control, not about being a murderous weirdo, because last I checked I would never kill anyone IRL . In Sims 1, when you really couldn't do much as far as making your sims have their own face, I made sims of people I didn't like and killed them. I was in middle school and having a very hard time emotionally, especially in the area of feeling like I had control over my own life. I did that less and less the more I customized sims, I think because they seemed more like people than they did before. Now I never do it, and I prefer my sims to be happy.

Also, in Sims 1, I killed sims if I wanted to remake the same sim with a new face, like if I installed a new EP or just decided I liked a different face better. I never killed anyone that wasn't for that or a sim of someone I didn't like.

In my amazing Sims 2 hood that I still miss like crazy, three of my sims accidentally drowned without me even seeing. I was very sad for a long time because of it, partially because their deaths greatly affected the hood. One guy was left without his mom, his best friend, and his little cousin. A mother was left without her child. Another mother had to raise her twins by herself. I never would've killed those sims on purpose. The only Sims 2 sims I killed were killed for the purpose of my neighborhood story, not for torture.

No one's died on Sims 3 yet, and I'm not looking forward to when they do. I've actually been searching for a mod where everyone can have a gravestone regardless of their friend status to the active household so I don't lose any of my dear Sims.

Just wanted to offer a possible explanation from the Other Side .

Ahh, yeah, it seems like control is a big part of it. And I can understand killing off Sims when they're no longer needed for a story or whatever, but I'm glad that I can literally just delete them from the town/library in Sims 3. xP

Thanks for your feedback
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:26 AM
I've accidentally aged one of my Sims to death, though there was a glitch to blame... When I first got the game and was playing around with testingcheatsenabled, I hit 'trigger age transition' but it somehow got stuck and turned her into an adult, then an old lady, and then before I know it the grim reaper appears. whoops.
Instructor
#16 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:35 AM
LOL I very rarely kill sims... i feel guilty afterwards o
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:36 AM
When I was younger I would have agreed, but too much programming and the mindless murder of probably millions of NPCs in games like World of Warcraft make me see sims as nothing more than AI routines with a humanoid model.

I don't usually kill my own sims, but I kill townies that are too ugly to let them taint the gene pool.
Alchemist
#18 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:40 AM
I used to, but I don't anymore. It makes me feel bad. Plus, I tried torturing and killing a sim in TS3, and it was boring compared to 2.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:15 AM
My friend tried killing a sim by fire on TS3 a few days ago. The sim kept screaming and running away from the fire, so my friend dragged her energy down but she WOULDN'T PASS OUT! The fire consumed the entire kitchen/dining/living room and burned out without touching the sim. Turns out drowning works better.

On a related note, part of me wishes the pool ladders were still necessary to get in and out of the pool, simply because it's a Sims classic. But the part of me that remembers the three sims that died from accidental ladder inaccessibility in my super-hood from 2007 wishes that Maxis had made this innovation awhile ago.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:22 AM Last edited by PinkStrawberryx3 : 1st Jun 2011 at 1:26 AM. Reason: add more information
I dont find it any fun either, but as an example:
I had a happy, 4-people family (mother, father, 2 daughters)
I got bored of the mom and made the father cheat on her with another recent sim.
so then, when the mom found out, i killed her by flies (bye bye )
The father moved in with his affair (who already has 2 kids)
They got married, blah blah blah.
I felt bad after killing her. Once in a while the father (or the daughters) would weep.
From then on, i only kill sims to go with my stories. But, i don't torture them. If i torture them, i feel bad afterwards.
-PinkStrawberryx3
Mad Poster
#21 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:40 AM
In TS1 my friend and I made a haunted house using all the old tricks to kill the sims off: get in the pool and take the ladder away, putting them in a room with a fireplace but no doors and full of plants.

In TS2 I wanted to make a graveyard and so I killed off the ugly townies to fill the graveyard with gravestones.

I've not done that yet in TS3, although I did kill off a sim because she was boring.

Pixel people =/= real people. There is a massive difference between the two and it scares me that some people don't get this. What must they think of those of us who play games like GTA and murder the prostitutes after sleeping with them to get their money back?!

My Sims 3 stories blog - *NEW* Heather Legacy
My Sims 3 CC blog || My MTS page
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:47 AM
I used to do that when I was 11 and played Sims 1, but now that I'm older and playing Sims 3, the game is something different for me. I like for my sims to lead simple, 1950's style lives. They work. They marry. They have babies. They go on holiday. They go out to dinner. I'm very boring and definitely don't like torturing or killing my simmies.
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:34 AM
Sometimes they have to die. That applies for Odine Perry, the bitch that follows you everywhere, even becomes a firefighter to follow your firefighter sim. She just needed some time in an closed room on fire.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:59 AM
Back in The Sims 1 I used to be bad about this. I learned about how if you set off a firework in the house with rugs surrounding a Sim it would all instantly catch on fire.

...I'm over those days. lol. I don't do anything like that anymore. Probably because now I care to play the games for real.

However, when I fire up my The Sims 1 game sometimes I just have to relive old times. :P

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Forum Resident
#25 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:53 AM
It depends what kind of mood I'm in... I recently went on a gorge-fest with one of my vamp sims, pretending she was on a bender... That was quite fun.

Mostly when sims die by accident I don't take pleasure in it.. I'm usually pissed at them for wasting my time trying to revive them using cheats.

I've downloaded a few populated custom worlds, so there are many sims resident that I have no attachment to and feel no remorse in murdering. Plus any world with NPCs, I used to try and waste them in the most lavish ways I could possibly think of, but now I just use Total Annihilation and Clean up Homeless (provided by Twallan's mods )

I have created sims for the soul purpose of being dead/ghosts (< no typo, pun intended) to fit with my stories.

But otherwise, I don't really like even aging sims to Elder, one foot in the grave *shiver* let alone just allowing them to die - I can't be having that...

Go suck an elf...
Page 1 of 3

Section jump