Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 23 (Who?), Viewed: 24332 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:44 AM
Default Woohoo in shower
I am trying this for the first time. And ... it does look wrong.

I do have mosaic removed mod. And what I see is 2 sims standing in the same spot (a lot of clipping). And if I try to really figure out what they are doing, then the man does bend a little lower and in front of the woman. I can't help to conclude that she is doing the poking (with a ... strap on) to the guy. Ewww, I mean ... ewww!

Does this look like this for everyone? Kinda disappointing to look at. I originally expected an R rated scene resembling 2 sims either Kissing or Making out but .... not ... welding on top of each other.

Does everyone see the same thing?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:11 AM
They probably didn't work very hard on the animation because of two things. First, the game is rated T, not R. Second, the game is not designed to be run without the blur, though there are many who do so.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:03 AM
I do agree, that we are actually "going out of bound" when we decensor, as this is meant to be the official feature of the game. However, on the unofficial side, EA should know better how this would look like. I wish I could change that with the "make out" animation, it would look good with or without mosaic.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 12:43 PM
I don't mind it. It wasn't meant to be seen without the blur. Much like we're not supposed to know our sims magically crap through their pants when on the toilet.
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 12:50 PM
I think they looks okay enough with the mists covering some parts when the blur removed. Then again I'm not stalking outside of the shower taking notes of what happened like our thread starter.

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with The Sims 4!*
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
I think they looks okay enough with the mists covering some parts when the blur removed. Then again I'm not stalking outside of the shower taking notes of what happened like our thread starter.

Lol. Um, I can't help it. It looks like what it looks like. You show me a cat and you tell me to think it is a dog.

Anyway, mist? You see mist? I don't see anything.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Theorist
#7 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
Anyway, mist? You see mist? I don't see anything.


This is why:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
My whatever no Mosaic mod from before works just fine. Maybe it is conflicting and borking something as I speak but so far it shows no symptom.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:44 PM
Out of everything, you just have to blame it on No Mosaic mod. That mod just removes mosaic, not mist. To make you happy, I removed the No Mosaic mod and I did see mosaic in the shower, but no mist.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Alchemist
#9 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:23 PM
tomomi, it's a pretty well known fact that outdated no mosaic mods interfere with new effects in new eps. That's why you need to update them with every patch and new ep, and that's why someone would assume the reason you aren't seeing the shower mist is because you are using an outdated no mosaic.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisims
tomomi, it's a pretty well known fact that outdated no mosaic mods interfere with new effects in new eps. That's why you need to update them with every patch and new ep, and that's why someone would assume the reason you aren't seeing the shower mist is because you are using an outdated no mosaic.

Oh, I see. I am using Twallan's current Decensor btw.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Theorist
#11 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
Oh, I see. I am using Twallan's current Decensor btw.


Oh really? I'm sure you weren't using it before, well, because first you didn't see the mist and second you posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
Are there different no mosaic variation out there? Twallan's one said something about a delay .... so I didn't get his.


Seriously, how hard is it to just admit you were wrong?
Typo Queen
staff: moderator
#12 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:17 PM
Ahahahahhahahahaha SHEESH! This is not a porn game! lol. You will never see sex animations from EA on games sold to kids. Yea, there is WooHoo, but you never see any action. Sims are not anatomically correct. They are Barbie and Ken dolls. People have been removing the blur from day one to see what kind of action goes on under the blur and have been complaining about it since day 1. Remember the flack the game makers got for putting secret sex scenes into that LA Grand theft auto? The game makers got sued (I think) or at least a whole bunch of bad publicity and recalls, for putting game porn into it.

Busy mashing meshes.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:36 PM
I doubt terribly that it's "the man" who always gets pegged, too - generally animations are done as the sim who initiates the action (Sim A), and the sim who was clicked on in the action (Sim B). Sim A will always do the same thing, whether it's Betty or Bob, and Sim B will always do the same thing too. Try "cuddle on couch" for a good example.

And, um, yeah, what porky said - it's not intended to be like they're actually -doing- anything under the blur. Just as the pretzelling of sims under the covers when they woohooed in Sims 2 (I think they disappear in Sims 3) was never intended to be actual sex.
Scholar
#14 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
Oh, I see. I am using Twallan's current Decensor btw.


I am too using the Twallan's latest decensor, yet the mist appear:





Yeah, it looks better from below and when they are moving. LOL

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with The Sims 4!*
Instructor
#15 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:02 AM
One thing I like about the shower woohoo, that I never noticed before was that a sim can approach another sim who is already in the shower having a shower and the animation is slightly different. Its kind of cute. Like the dry sim is asking if he can shower with the other.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:48 AM
After gameplay tonight, I have noticed that if you use the CC opened, co-ed type shower, with no walls, there is not much mist. If you use the closed ones from the game, there is mist covering the interaction in the shower.

I use Twallan's decensor mod too.
Screenshots

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:36 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 6th Jun 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeag
Oh really? I'm sure you weren't using it before, well, because first you didn't see the mist and second you posted this:

Seriously, how hard is it to just admit you were wrong?

It really helps if you didn't collect people's posts on different time frames and go around trying to prove people wrong.

No, I didn't get Twallan's Decensor for the longest time. But before I had the stale animation, I immediately remember I downloaded a mod than removes all the nifty tags (like Zzzz when sleep, smoke when fighting, sparkles, etc...). What I didn't mention to you is that I temporarily removed that mod as well as the old no Mosaic to get Decensor mod.

And there is still no mist. Also, if you want to help me out, right now my Skill list on sim menu is not displaying any skill: "Sim currently has no skill" but trying to add the skill manually I know these sims have skills on them. So I presume you would go around searching all my posts on internet to quote and prove me wrong.

To serve your ego, I am very wrong in every way. Now go fetch me those 2 answers about why I still have no mist woohooing in shower and why skill not displaying. Thank you in advance very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
I am too using the Twallan's latest decensor, yet the mist appear:

Yeah, it looks better from below and when they are moving. LOL

Thanks for the screenshot. Now I know I also miss those little pink hearts too. No doubt, removing the entire Mods folder will get me EA default with censor, along with hearts and mist. So something among my CC must have gone wrong.

Update: I also found out woohoo in shower has a lot of routing issue especially in small houses. My bathroom generally has 2x4 space and the bedroom outside is not that big either. Clicking on shower to woohoo requires 2 sims to meet somewhere in middle, stare at each other for a second, kiss, then walk each other to the shower. And one of the sim is designated to go in shower first, but if this sim is not walking in front, he will be blocked from entering shower and cancel the interaction together. Only way around it is to make one sim go in shower first and another sim then click on to "woohoo" with. But the catch of this method is if the first sim finishes shower before the 2nd sim can get into the shower, the interaction is canceled. Just now it took 8 tries for me to get a married couple to woohoo in shower.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Theorist
#18 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 3:12 PM
Different time frames? Those posts are all from yesterday, and from 2 threads with similar topic. I was just trying to be nice by pointing out the most likely reason why you couldn't see any mist so you wouldn't have to rack your brain trying to figure out what was wrong. I definitely didn't appreciate your snarky reply.

And no helping people with technical problems isn't my job, and never will be. You will be able to solve your problem by reading the wiki. Although you really don't need any help in this case, seeing you've already found the exact reason why you still have no mist and why the skills aren't displaying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
something among my CC must have gone wrong.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:00 PM Last edited by lewisb40 : 6th Jun 2011 at 5:17 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
Update: I also found out woohoo in shower has a lot of routing issue especially in small houses. My bathroom generally has 2x4 space and the bedroom outside is not that big either. Clicking on shower to woohoo requires 2 sims to meet somewhere in middle, stare at each other for a second, kiss, then walk each other to the shower. And one of the sim is designated to go in shower first, but if this sim is not walking in front, he will be blocked from entering shower and cancel the interaction together. Only way around it is to make one sim go in shower first and another sim then click on to "woohoo" with. But the catch of this method is if the first sim finishes shower before the 2nd sim can get into the shower, the interaction is canceled. Just now it took 8 tries for me to get a married couple to woohoo in shower.


I normally play small rooms also, the one pictured was from a basement bathroom, 3x4 in size because the washer and dryer is in there too. The main bath upstairs is 4x4 and still there is routing issues. So I just have one sims start to shower and the other sim goes in later for the woohoo.

EDIT: I never start the shower woohoo until one of the sims are smelling like sock. The other sim is already in the bathroom when the one sim starts showering because I directed them to stand there. Takes lots of pausing, but it works.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:01 PM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 6th Jun 2011 at 8:15 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeag
Different time frames? Those posts are all from yesterday, and from 2 threads with similar topic. I was just trying to be nice by pointing out the most likely reason why you couldn't see any mist so you wouldn't have to rack your brain trying to figure out what was wrong. I definitely didn't appreciate your snarky reply.

And no helping people with technical problems isn't my job, and never will be. You will be able to solve your problem by reading the wiki. Although you really don't need any help in this case, seeing you've already found the exact reason why you still have no mist and why the skills aren't displaying:

I am sorry if you felt it was me who gave you the "snarky" remark. In fact, it was me who couldn't take your snotty attitude. Reread the way you posted your reply at the first place. Just because I said in some other post I preferred to keep the older no Mosaic mod does not any where mean it is true in this post. If in earlier reply of the same post, I said I use mod A, then if I change to mod B, I will state a correction.

Yes, "yesterday" right? Did you have any idea how many mods I went through in 1 day? After Generations was installed, and I updated CC with all the mods I could find, the game didn't even run. I double and tripple checked all CC. So in that one "yesterday" I cleared cache and loaded the game about 30 times, updated crazy amount of mods (Buzzler, cmoney, Anach, Pescado, Twallan's mods). The CC setup basically changed about 30 times that day, and somehow you could figure out what mod I was using.

So you quoted something I wrote in another post and threw it here, and concluded how stupid I was, and even scolded at me for not "admitting I was wrong". Seriously, if I admit out loud it was my fault, would it help me fix the problem?

If you really want to know, I even tried out that newly updated No Mosaic patch 1.22 (Generations) by velocitygrass. And even this does not help. No, it is not a huge deal, I can live without the mist, I know it won't crash my game. But this whole misunderstanding is that one person just jumping with his "know it all" snotty attitude and throw some wild wild guess and force people to take your solution. This will only frustrate people more and does not help anyone.

And this is not a snarky comment, but think of it as a constructive criticism, if you can take one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
I normally play small rooms also, the one pictured was from a basement bathroom, 3x4 in size because the washer and dryer is in there too. The main bath upstairs is 4x4 and still there is routing issues. So I just have one sims start to shower and the other sim goes in later for the woohoo.

EDIT: I never start the shower woohoo until one of the sims are smelling like sock. The other sim is already in the bathroom when the one sim starts showering because I directed them to stand there. Takes lots of pausing, but it works.

Yes, that was exactly how it was for me. Less than half of my households in the city were actually married or in relationship couples, so my choice to find test subject was not too great. And somehow, among those 3 households, they all have tiny bathrooms, 2x3, 3x3 only.

It took me about 10 tries to actually get the couple to woohoo. First few tries the couples went out to find a spot to kiss, and got canceled due to lacking room to stand and kiss (how much room is needed to hug and kiss really). Then I temporarily deleted the beds, then even had to line them up, then finally decided just to force 1 of them to shower first, only to realize her hygiene was high that she got out of the shower before her husband can step in. Then I forced her hygiene bar really low (cheat mode on) to try again. In this one time the husband just froze and stared at his wife showering. Arghhh. So finally, with a lot of positioning, clicking, pausing, I finally got them to .. woohoo in shower.

Well, isn't this too much micro management for your taste? It is too much for me. Normal double bed woohoo I just put them on bed to relax, do about 2 more interactions to warm up and have them woohoo. Success rate is 90% within 5 clicks queued together too. Yep, woohoo in shower is going to be like fighting a battle for me. I bet not even when Twallan's Woohooer picks up this interaction it would help out the routing either, unless Twallan figures out a way to go around the make out session and manually guide 1 sim after another to woohoo through scripts (like how Woohooer handles Elevator woohoo).

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:23 PM
*frustrated*

Oy, now I'll risk getting in trouble but you should try not to be so condescending when someone doesn't agree with you, proves you wrong or whatever the case may be. I've noticed it on several occasions and it's becoming supremely annoying.

We're all here because we love the sims and can provide potential help based on our experiences. It's not a pissing match about who is the most knowledgable or a likability contest. Sometimes people aren't going to agree with you, or hell, they may not even like you. But just because someone identified a common situation and brought it to your attention based on your own comments [whenever they were said] doesn't mean you have to come in with a holier than thou attitude.

I come to this forum because mostly everyone treats each other reasonably well and doesn't stick their nose in the air if someone replies with something that may not be in their favor.

Everyone is happy to help each other out. Why else would we be here...

Anyway LOL!

I recall someone posting a zoomed in screenie of a couple woohooing in the hot tub - and they weren't even touching. They just sit under the water.

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:40 PM
Amen to that.

Woohoo isn't meant to be seen therefore when you remove the censor the sims will look all deformed because the devs have just arranged their body parts to make sense over the censor (i.e. in the hot tub you see feet and hands pop out the water but underneath the water they're a twisted mess). It's pretty funny and I liked HP's description of "pretzelling" because it's highly accurate.

My Sims 3 stories blog - *NEW* Heather Legacy
My Sims 3 CC blog || My MTS page
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbreak
*frustrated*

Oy, now I'll risk getting in trouble but you should try not to be so condescending when someone doesn't agree with you, proves you wrong or whatever the case may be. I've noticed it on several occasions and it's becoming supremely annoying.

We're all here because we love the sims and can provide potential help based on our experiences. It's not a pissing match about who is the most knowledgable or a likability contest. Sometimes people aren't going to agree with you, or hell, they may not even like you. But just because someone identified a common situation and brought it to your attention based on your own comments [whenever they were said] doesn't mean you have to come in with a holier than thou attitude.

*more frustrated*
If you really read carefully, treeag is the one who is condescending when I don't agree with him. He just had to make me agree with him that I was using that old Mosaic mod (when I know I am not). I do not mind when people suggest things, but I really mind when people force upon me the "I know it all" attitude and try to "prove me wrong".

Let me say this the last time: I know what mod I am using more than anyone else does (unless you are hacking my computer) and I know what is working and not working in my game. So I find it extremely ridiculous for people telling me what is working and not working in my own game while they probably exist about 1000+ miles away from my computer, geographically speaking. And then they have the nuts to suggest that what I am seeing on my screen is wrong. Are you suggesting I am hallucinating? I am seeing things now? Please tell me how else I am supposed to feel?

Heartbreak, I feel that your comment should direct toward those attacking me. Read again their posts, they didn't "identify a common problem", all their comments were directing toward me. "Same day means same mod", "why can't you admit that you are wrong?" How far will this go? How unfathomable is this? If you have such a power to see something 1000s of miles away, please teach me, I would love to learn.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#24 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:27 PM
Enough bickering. This is just silly. Locking, as the butthurt is giving me a headache.
Closed Thread
Back to top

Section jump