Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Slower/Faster potion making.

by claudiasharon Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 7:22 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:06 PM by claudiasharon

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 7:34 PM
Thanks, this will be fun - Do you also know how to make a mod to make all skills gained ultra speed too!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 7:50 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 8th Jun 2011 at 8:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shareallicu3
Thanks, this will be fun - Do you also know how to make a mod to make all skills gained ultra speed too!

Yes I do, however there is a mod for skill books to help gain skills ultra fast here, updated for Generations. Also there's a mod here that is updated for Late Night to gain skills faster in general. If you need one for Generations, since the original creator of the second mod hasn't been on since March, per site rules I can update it and post it for you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:41 PM Last edited by Shanna86 : 8th Jun 2011 at 9:29 PM.
Thanks for this! As soon as I realized how long it was taking to make potions I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone made a mod to speed things up =)

Silly question: Is the amount of time to discover a potion supposed to correlate to the amount of time to increase logic skill by 1 level? I tried the very fast and then later swapped for the ultra option of this mod. My sim was taking upwards of 3-8 hours to discover a potion the higher the logic skill level went. I wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to work or if the mod wasn't working. Using master controller, if I put my sim at level 10 logic, then discovering a potion took just a few minutes.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:12 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 9th Jun 2011 at 12:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shanna86
Silly question: Is the amount of time to discover a potion supposed to correlate to the amount of time to increase logic skill by 1 level? I tried the very fast and then later swapped for the ultra option of this mod. My sim was taking upwards of 3-8 hours to discover a potion the higher the logic skill level went. I wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to work or if the mod wasn't working. Using master controller, if I put my sim at level 10 logic, then discovering a potion took just a few minutes.

Hmm, I had a sim at logic level 5 that made a potion in only a few minutes. It shouldn't take 8 hours for them to discover a potion, especially on the ultra mod. I'll look into this, thanks for the report.

Edit: Yeah there's no reason it should do that. I just looked at the ultra mod to make sure I did it right and there's nothing wrong with it. It should make your sim make a potion pretty fast. My sim made his first potion in 5 sim minutes. He's at level 5 of the logic skill.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:45 PM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Yes I do, however there is a mod for skill books to help gain skills ultra fast here, updated for Generations. Also there's a mod here that is updated for Late Night to gain skills faster in general. If you need one for Generations, since the original creator of the second mod hasn't been on since March, per site rules I can update it and post it for you.

COol that would be awesome!! I tried, but I can't figure out which values to change
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shareallicu3
COol that would be awesome!! I tried, but I can't figure out which values to change

Okay! I'll make it tonight and we'll see how long it takes for them to approve the post.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 12:38 AM
:)
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Okay! I'll make it tonight and we'll see how long it takes for them to approve the post.

Thanks so Much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 5:08 AM
Hi, I was wondering if an xml controlled whether or not a potion was makeable by a sim. What I mean is, can a mod exist where sims don't have to "discover" potions, and just know how to make them? Like lobster thermador.

Also, I love you. This mod is great. Let's be friends.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Hi, I was wondering if an xml controlled whether or not a potion was makeable by a sim. What I mean is, can a mod exist where sims don't have to "discover" potions, and just know how to make them? Like lobster thermador.

Also, I love you. This mod is great. Let's be friends.

Well sims have to learn how to make lobster thermidor...they either learn it from the TV cooking channel or from reading a skill book when they are at level 10 of the cooking skill.

So do you want them to use a skill book or a TV channel to learn it? Because there isn't a way to have them just "know" the potions. Not that I'm aware of at least.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:31 PM
Thanks, that was my question.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 9:14 PM
I think this may be causeing an issue when trying to meditate. I am not for sure , but my sim in level 10 logic and i never get the option to meditate
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hege23
I think this may be causeing an issue when trying to meditate. I am not for sure , but my sim in level 10 logic and i never get the option to meditate

That wouldn't make any sense.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:30 AM
Hey, THANK YOU! I think this mod also made it super fast to gain logic skill.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 7:21 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you!! My sim gets burned daily and I'm sick of it being so dang slow! xx
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 2:38 PM
Normally it takes forever to learn the potion that make IF's human, so thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:10 PM
I love you even more... ><;;
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 11:03 AM
please teach me how to make other skill usage faster as well
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 2:31 AM
I don't normally use mods like this, but the long time to discover a potion, coupled with several failures AT LOGIC LEVEL 10, as well as that stupid science outfit glitch that spawns a bazillion and 1 miscellaneous outfits, I need this. I need this so bad.
I only ever use the chemistry table for IF's anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:20 AM
Compatible with patch 1.26 and the Pets EP.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 1:59 PM
Yay Thank You Thank You
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 5:16 PM
Compatible with patch 1.29. Thank you for this mod.

I am the cute onigiri of disater. Please do not eat me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 11:26 PM
Still works for me with patch 1.32.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:42 AM
Oooooo! I Love It!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 9:37 PM
Is this compatible with 1.38?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Page 1 of 2