Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 1:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Sims 3 keep freezing and then resuming
Randomly, my game freezes and then resumes. Everything continues to move or make sound, except for the time and sims. This keeps happening. I didn't test this on different house hold. This happens when I have any # of sims.

Could this be because of CC? I first saw this when I had WA. i have all the expansion pack/stuff pack up to Ambitions.

Specs: HD 5770 1 Gb
Q8400 2.66ghz
8 GB DDR2
Windows 7 x64

Here is a video I recorded showing the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Lfx5l_ZFs
As you can see, when it freezes @ 0:09, only the diamond is still moving.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:40 AM
Freezing is often due to routing problems, or sims getting stuck. The first thing to do is to reset your sims. You can do this by typing 'resetsim *' into the cheat box, or using a mod such as Twallan's overwatch. You could also check your community lots for swarming sims, and go into edit town mode> edit that lot to send all sims there home.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Freezing is often due to routing problems, or sims getting stuck. The first thing to do is to reset your sims. You can do this by typing 'resetsim *' into the cheat box, or using a mod such as Twallan's overwatch. You could also check your community lots for swarming sims, and go into edit town mode> edit that lot to send all sims there home.

thx for replying, I downloaded the overwatch mod, what am I suppose to do with it? I did the resetsim thingy and my game still freezes.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:29 AM
Overwatch will clean up cars, missing sims etc., automatically each night on default settings. You could also try Twallan's Master Controller, which has an option to 'Reset Everything', which will affect all objects and sims.

If that doesn't work then I would suggest to work thorough the Game Problem guide, to see if your userfiles or CC are causing this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Overwatch will clean up cars, missing sims etc., automatically each night on default settings. You could also try Twallan's Master Controller, which has an option to 'Reset Everything', which will affect all objects and sims.

If that doesn't work then I would suggest to work thorough the Game Problem guide, to see if your userfiles or CC are causing this.

sorry that i didn't reply, the game stopped freezing. But now it started again. Should i download the master controller, overwatch, or both?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imeem
... I downloaded the overwatch mod, what am I suppose to do with it? ...
Quote: Originally posted by imeem
Should i download the master controller, overwatch, or both?

Definitely both.
Also a StoryProgression mod if you don't already have on. EA's version is buggy.
And please read and learn all that you can about the mods before using it. The Download pages is usually the best place, or check if the modder includes a text file for documentation.

This lagging may also be caused by borked Sims3pack content.