Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No more girly shoes for boys!

by Robodl95 Posted 15th Jun 2011 at 8:55 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2011 at 2:59 PM by Robodl95

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:08 PM
Lol, so funny when my boy sim appears with those shoes, BTW, nice mod!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:10 PM
I got annoyed by this. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:16 PM
Thank heavens! I've seen more girly boys (not that there's anything wrong with that...and I don't mean it in a bad way.) in my game now since the addition of these shoes.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:18 PM
Thanks a ton!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:41 PM
Thank you, so I'm not the only one with this problem. I think it's very annoying, especially when children from my towns are randomly spawned with them and I have to use the new cheat to fix them
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 10:29 PM
I thought it was just a coincidence that my born-in-game son's favorite music is French, his favorite color is Pink, and he showed up in these shoes when he turned from toddler to child! Haha
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 10:43 PM
Thank you! Now if you could get rid of the girlie shoes for adult males...
Banned
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 10:53 PM
THANK YOU! I thought I was going to die since I saw this every single time I made a boy. It is so annoying that the boys have girly shoes.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah79936
Thank you! Now if you could get rid of the girlie shoes for adult males...

Which ones are those?

Thanks everyone

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:59 AM
Yes, they have the same shoes for men too lol. It was really bothering me too, thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Which ones are those?

Thanks everyone

They are the cute little flats that came with Fast Lane stuff. Very similar to the flats you disabled with the bows but with some other decoration instead of the bows.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 11:35 AM
What was EA thinking when they made these for boys? Perhaps they wanted to accurately represent the real world where some people don't conform to gender roles. I'm sure this download is useful and will be appreciated by many players, but it's a bit offensive to say that making these shoes available to players by default was a mistake.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 12:49 PM
Thats very weird, but in my game the maryjanes with bow in my game are only available for girls, the mary janes for boys have NO bow. I also enabled the no bow version for girls in my game, left the starry slippers as they are, nothing wrong with crossdressing, lol.
Proof with the no bow version:
http://s014.radikal.ru/i326/1106/6f/bef30fa4ad0d.jpg
Are all generations shoes for boys, if im not mistaken.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetCheeksMcgee
What was EA thinking when they made these for boys? Perhaps they wanted to accurately represent the real world where some people don't conform to gender roles. I'm sure this download is useful and will be appreciated by many players, but it's a bit offensive to say that making these shoes available to players by default was a mistake.

I agree with this completely. The idea behind the mod is not bad at all, but a change of phrasing would be useful. There's nothing wrong with men wearing girly shoes, and if you don't want to see them wandering around town like that then sure, get rid of it, I have no problem with that.
But, speaking as a transgender person, I don't appreciate people responding with "Oh yeah that's so weird" or "What were they thinking when they made these?". The description itself could also use a rewrite for the same reasons.
Please take 5 minutes and educate yourselves a bit before talking like you are. While I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you folks weren't meaning to be offensive intentionally, it would be helpful to yourselves AND the people you interact with if you responded in a less judgmental manner.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shelling
Thats very weird, but in my game the maryjanes with bow in my game are only available for girls, the mary janes for boys have NO bow. I also enabled the no bow version for girls in my game, left the starry slippers as they are, nothing wrong with crossdressing, lol.
Proof with the no bow version:
http://s014.radikal.ru/i326/1106/6f/bef30fa4ad0d.jpg
Are all generations shoes for boys, if im not mistaken.

I saw the textures for those in the game files but in my game all I got was the bow version, weird....

In no way was this meant to be offensive guys, I don't think it was a mistake that they did it but it's simply not something that I'll use very often and I don't want townie kids being spawned with these shoes randomly. I don't have any problem with cross-dressing but I just don't use it in my game.

Hi I'm Paul!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:10 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 16th Jun 2011 at 4:11 PM.
Thank you Robodl95
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:14 PM
Quote:
all I got was the bow version, weird....

if u want i can send u the no bow version, looks good =3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 6:29 PM
I don't think it was their confusion they were just trying to be more PC see this article it is causing a ton of controversy! They are just as confused as these parents about biology and the fact that you can NOT choose your own sex (until you are grown and can afford to get that operation...if you as an ADULT CHOOSE to) http://abcnews.go.com/Health/gender...ory?id=13718047
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 6:32 PM
Please read before posting a comment on this thread:

If this mod is useful to you, say thanks. If this mod is not useful to you and you prefer having those styles of shoes for boys, don't download it, and move on. This thread does not need to turn into a discussion on sexuality and sociology. Thank you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:19 AM
Thanks Robodl95 and HystericalParoxysm, cool mod...i didnt even notice until i saw the mod available and then noticed half of the boys in town were wearing these slippers, is there a way you can remake the mod to tune down the frequency of boys appearing with the shoes...something like 1 in 10....im not a modder so if not no worries its still a great mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM
Thank-you so much! I thought it was odd that they were so frequent in townies.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brent13420
Thanks Robodl95 and HystericalParoxysm, cool mod...i didnt even notice until i saw the mod available and then noticed half of the boys in town were wearing these slippers, is there a way you can remake the mod to tune down the frequency of boys appearing with the shoes...something like 1 in 10....im not a modder so if not no worries its still a great mod.

Not anyway that I know of, randomness is just controlled by a yes/no option

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 5:20 AM
Is it possible to just make it not random? I may have a male sim who doesn't conform to gender roles, but I don't want Mortimer Goth walking around in these shoes. I've no idea how to do it myself -_-'
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:14 AM
Yay, thanks for this
This was annoying to me too, because my game seem to generate it almost for every boy...
Page 1 of 3