Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 11:02 PM
Default Quick Question, Please Help
Hi, I am new to doing any of this modding and stuff, all I want to no is how to edit an item i.e. The price of an item and save it to my game I have played about with S3OC and managed to successfully clone an item with the new price BUT I dont want to clone I just want to replace the item with its new price...? Please Help

Thanks
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:06 PM Last edited by whiterider : 29th Jun 2011 at 6:04 PM.
Fairly simple, so I hope you can follow without pictures.

In S3OC, find the item. Don't clone it, but right-click it and Copy Reskey. Paste the reskey somewhere so you don't lose it.
Go to the Program Files folder for the EP that the item came with. Go to GameData/Shared/Packages, and copy the FullBuild_xyz.package file to somewhere safe. If it's a basegame item, copy the FullBuild0.package - for EPs, there will only be one file anyway.
Open the copied file in S3PE. Into the filter boxes, put OBJD as Tag, and copy the last part of the reskey from earlier (0x********-0x********-0x****************) into the Instance box. Click Set and tick Filter active.
There should only be one result. Right click and Export -> To package,

I didn't know it, but the above is ridiculouly overcomplicated. Instead:
In S3OC, clone the item. Before you hit the final Clone button, Untick "Renumber internally".
Then open the exported package in S3PE. Make sure you have Tags ticked at the bottom of the S3PE window, and delete everything except the OBJD.
Select the OBJD. Change the price by clicking Grid, Price is in the CommonBlock section.

Be aware that the resulting file is a default replacement, so it'll conflict with any other replacements of that object's OBJD, and will break if EA ever update the object (yeah right!).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 1:43 AM
ummmm what is S3OC
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 1:22 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=S3OC

If you don't already know what S3OC is, I suggest you have a look at the first few steps of an object creation tutorial before trying to follow my instructions - just so you get a feel for what S3OC does and how it's used.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.