Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 1:29 AM
Default Radiation from meteor strikes!? Any thoughts?
A meteor hit in my yard, damaged the house, obliterated the car (lol) and set my lot ablaze. It took 4 firefighters and my 2 sims (one had to be put out himself) to get things under control. Ever since then I have had the dirty surroundings moodlet. I have cleaned & replaced everything I can find including windows and light fixtures. I have checked under the house and everything clickable outside. Today a visitor was at the house just standing around when one of my sims came home. She was cringing or afraid and had a bubble with a radiation symbol in it. Earlier I noticed, both my sims were in a car together (just bought the car) and they both had the moodlet. However, when seperated it disappeared. They went to a party or something and a bunch of other sims started hacking. I have checked their inventories. I took everything out of one and took food and anything spoilable out of the other. No luck. Were they exposed to radiation, and, if so, how do I get them scrubbed?

I have attached a pic displaying a new instance of the radiation symbol. In this pic there is a non-player sim in the car with one of my sims. Again, the car is brand new and has not been near a meteor strike. My sims inventory has only two books inside.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 6:40 AM
I've never had this happen, but I think the radiation symbol is just one of the things they can think about, like justice or doors.
I have had the mess I can't find problem, and they complained about dirty surroundings for at least a week before I had someone empty the trash compactor, and that fixed it. Also, scavenged items cause that moodlet. (You can replace them with new items from their bubble menus.)
If it was a radioactive meteor, though, awesome.

If you can't find the mess, you can cheat to get rid of the moodlets, but I think they might come back every time you re-enter a messy room.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:03 AM
Spaceblocks can contain tiberium, which is indeed radioactive. Maybe meteorites can contain them too, and, upon crashing, sends a particle of tiberium flying. If that's the case, check the faulty room thoroughly for tiberium. That's my only guess.

-Mikau
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 1:27 PM
Their thought bubbles (as far as I know) are completely random. Getting a stuck moodlet is a very common bug. Just hit crtl+shift+c, enter testingcheatsenabled true, hit enter and shift and right click the moodlet. Et voilá!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:47 PM
I've had a meteor come crashing into my house once too, but luckily I was moving out anyways so i didn't need to deal with the mess. The problem could be either you;
1.) Didn't pick up ALL the meteor pieces and there are still some left.
2.)There's something dirty lying around somewhere that you didn't pick up. (Just make a person with neat as their trait and click the floor, then select clean house.)
And/or
3.)Maybe your sims should visit a laboratory? Or the hospital? xD

I'm not sure about the third one, but you might want to check #s 1 and 2 since they could be liable problems.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:31 PM
Put all the walls up and check each wall, floortile, and ceiling if you put floor tiles there. I had a time figuring the same thing out, until I checked a wall and the outer side of a door was singed.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:20 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone. I will give each a try and see what happens. If you think of anything else, let me know.

Obi
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:19 PM
I have had this too. After a particularly bad meteor attack, my sims had the "dirty environment" negative mood-let, and kept gagging and getting nauseous.

I drove myself mad trying to get rid of the problem but never could, no matter where the sim went people around him and himself made gagging noise. so it could not have been the house, and the his inventory had no tiberium in it. I even hired maids consecutively to clean the house & finally opted for a butler, no change.

Hasn't happened since i deleted that sim out of frustration.
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:20 PM
I've never had this occur. Is it from the Firefighter profession?

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:14 PM
Check your roof, once I had accidentally been playing roof-less and dirty rooms spread the negative moodlet to the entire house. Perhaps you have holes?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
I've never had this occur. Is it from the Firefighter profession?

Angelic, I had never experienced a meteor strike while playing Bridgeport, Riverview or Barnacle Bay. Sunset Valley seems to have some kind of "Eureka" thing going on (If you have seen the show on Sci-Fi, you will get the reference). Meteor's fall regularly and there are charred sims walking around constantly.
I had also never seen the radiation symbol until now, but no, it is not limited to the firefighter profession. I don't believe it matters what profession you have as much as the community you play in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TinTin
Check your roof, once I had accidentally been playing roof-less and dirty rooms spread the negative moodlet to the entire house. Perhaps you have holes?

Well, if I didn't have holes before, I have them now do to the meteors, lol. I have checked the roof and even the ceiling tiles I put in place. No holes due to construction.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diamonddrago
I have had this too. After a particularly bad meteor attack, my sims had the "dirty environment" negative mood-let, and kept gagging and getting nauseous.

I drove myself mad trying to get rid of the problem but never could, no matter where the sim went people around him and himself made gagging noise. so it could not have been the house, and the his inventory had no tiberium in it. I even hired maids consecutively to clean the house & finally opted for a butler, no change.

Hasn't happened since i deleted that sim out of frustration.

Drago, you said it! I have thought about the same, but I like both sims I have created. I am gonna try to stick it out for a while before sending my sim or sims to Sim Oblivion. Hopefully, something will come along before I will have to do that. Nice to know someones else has the same specific problem. (Not that I'm glad you have the problem, just that you know what I'm speaking of )
Forum Resident
#14 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:05 PM
I had this happen to me once. I gave in and did the reset lot cheat (which I think is a Twallan Overwatch thing?) - and watched some random item I didn't know needed 'replacing' do it's lightning refurbish animation. Sometimes things don't LOOK like they're broken, but still need to be 'replaced' to get rid of the dirty room moodlet. I don't even know if the cheap radio even broke because of the meteor strike or if it was just funny timing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
I had this happen to me once. I gave in and did the reset lot cheat (which I think is a Twallan Overwatch thing?) - and watched some random item I didn't know needed 'replacing' do it's lightning refurbish animation. Sometimes things don't LOOK like they're broken, but still need to be 'replaced' to get rid of the dirty room moodlet. I don't even know if the cheap radio even broke because of the meteor strike or if it was just funny timing.

I have the Master Controller mod installed. It has an option to "reset lot." I can't remember if I have tried this or not. If it is not the same function let me know. In the meantime I will give it a try and see what happens.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 3:57 PM
If MasterController doesn't solve it, then you could always place a copy of your Sims into a different lot. c:
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:53 AM Last edited by Muntaqim_313 : 14th Apr 2014 at 8:02 AM. Reason: Posting a screenshot
Default Solomon!
I made a copy of Battlefield 3's Solomon in the Sims 3, and tried to remake his personality as closely as I could. He gets the exact same thought bubble while he laughs a fiendishly evil laughter. I haven't heard anything about a meteor.

Here's a screenshot:

Note: I shouldn't be posting a photo of this project. I was going to wait until I can film him, but nevermind that. Just for the record, there is no cheat/hack involved in making Solomon think of this scheme. But there is a lot of texture swaps to make a normal sim look like Solomon.
One Minute Ninja'd
#18 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:35 AM
Thank you for sharing a random radioactive though bubble 3 years after this thread was last seen by civilization. Until you mined it up, of course.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:52 AM
Jesus, what the fuck is this, Useless Necro Month?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#20 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 11:16 AM
Why does this Sim have such a weird glow, btw? Is this the radiation in effect or just horribly made cc?
Alchemist
#21 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Muntaqim_313
Are you talking about necromancy? And is that Merilyn Manson in your profile picture? I see a connection.

This is not necromancy. He isn't a real person, so he can't die. It's just a character import. It was a lot of work.

He was talking about the thread necromancy. Check the original post date. Are you being clueless or what?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:27 PM
Are you talking about necromancy?

Nikel beat me to it, but I meant thread necroing.

And is that Merilyn Manson in your profile picture?

No.

Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
He was talking about the thread necromancy. Check the original post date. Are you being clueless or what?

She! :P

(And yes, they are being totally clueless.)
Forum Resident
#23 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 5:37 PM
Quote:
12. Do Not Bump Threads/No Threadcromancy: Do not post to an old thread just to bump it up to the top of the forum if you have nothing new to add, or to get it more visible (especially if it's your thread!) Don't resurrect old threads unless your comments are relevant and would be seen as a important addition to a thread. Continuing on a conversation dropped months ago is not a good idea - check dates.

Source: https://www.modthesims.info/show...stingguidelines

This is getting ridiculous! I think the moderators should start locking threads that are older than 6 months. Clearly, the guidelines are only there to look pretty.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#24 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:10 PM
Geez. I hope they don't decide to join MATY instead of hanging out here.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:47 AM
Clearly most of you are messed up in the head. I comment on the thought bubble involving a radioactive warning sign, and I get attacked. So this is how you treat people who make their first post on this website.

Let me fix this.

"I break the site rules and then whine when the rules suddenly apply to me as well as everyone else, and I get attacked."

Much better.

There are just too many retards on this forum. I'm pulling out.

By the way, I see that the person who started this thread doesn't have anyone agreeing with them either. You people are just blind. I don't know, maybe you don't like the Sims to get too far off its innocent theme. Or maybe all of you have radiation poisoning.

No, they disagreed because the radiation symbol does not mean that there's radiation nearby.

That's probably what they think they are. Maybe they'll feel more at home in a group of people where each person thinks of themselves as the most awesome.

Eskie was talking about you. However, since you apparently think site rules don't apply to you, MATY does sound like a great place for you.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: I don't even....
Page 1 of 3