Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmodder99
I have not updated to 2.0 yet, and will be delayed doing so. For the moment, I'm sticking with 1.3.13, since that's what is working with everyone's mods, and I like to play too.
I am considering installing TSM to a second machine to test 2.0. Until I can get a look at the new build, and make updates to my mods I recommend not using my mods with 2.0.
I hear 'Enhanced Meditation' now only works with 1.3. The other files appear to be compatible per independent 2.0 testers. Use at your own risk until further notice.
--Regards, 99

Your populace increase mod (which I adore) stops the P+N quests from starting.
I removed the mod and checked in a kingdom where they'd already spawned and the quests work fine now.
I put it back in and checked in a fresh kingdom to see if they'll still spawn and they do with no problems.
It doesn't interfere with any of the old content, but the P+N quests can't be started with it in.
If anyone else loves the mod and still wants to use it, it can still be used at the start of a kingdom to spawn the extra servants etc, and then removed to access all the new quests.
I'd really love to see an updated version, but it can be worked around, just thought you might want to know.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 9:25 PM
Thanks ChickieTeeta, but here is the real deal for you...

Updated all downloads to 2.0 and Pirates and Nobles.

--Regards, 99

Simmodder99's Mod Library

"Is there no welcome for the wicked?" -- Lord Magus Xavier of the Dark Wizards
Scholar
#28 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 9:39 PM
Thanks ChickieTeeta, but here is the real deal for you...

Updated all downloads to 2.0 and Pirates and Nobles.

--Regards, 99

YAY :lovestruc
thank you so much. I use all your mods, but especially love this one. I've been missing the wizard one, so glad to have this one back too.
Thank you again, much appreciated.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 11:47 AM
Thank you for your mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:36 AM
Updated Library
Added Download: Silver-tongued Pronouncements.

-Regards 99

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:07 PM
Can't thank you enough. You and others like you keep my interest in the game from imminent death by boredom.
Scholar
#32 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 11:52 PM
Updated Library
Added Download: Silver-tongued Pronouncements.

-Regards 99

Glad to see you're still around and thank you for new download.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 1:24 AM
Thank you so much for the no sword fighting mod! It was driving me crazy to constantly have sword fights in church and in the reception hall.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:29 PM
Updated Library
Added Downloads:
Cleanliness: Near The Watcher
Servant's Finery: Work Clothes for Serfs

-Regards 99

Instructor
#35 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 9:04 PM
May the watcher smile down upon you, kind sir!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 4:22 PM
Updated Library
Added Download:
Pleasant Sight: New User-Interface Text

-Regards 99

Instructor
#37 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 12:53 AM
I have to say, I'm thrilled to see you list my part cloner as a tool you've used. It encourages me to keep working on it. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 5:35 PM
Thank you for being so generous. Cant wait to see what you come up with next.
Good job on your nude meshes btw.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:43 AM
Updated Library
Added Download:
Necrotized Pit Beast: Creature of Doom

-Regards and Happy Holidays 99

Instructor
#40 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 7:32 AM
Ohhh Nifty, thanks Simmodder!
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 4:23 PM
Default Thnx
Seems really cool I'm going to check it out!!!!
THANKS
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 4:27 AM
These may be stupid questions but I'll ask anyway:

1) With the Populous mod, do all the servants follow the monarch around instead of staying in the castle doing their job like they're supposed to (and thus making my poor monarch wait until they find their way back to the castle before he can order them to fix him some food)?

2) Does the castle get super crowded in a well developed kingdom with the Populous mod? With renown up a good bit and territories annexed, the war strategy table gets swarmed a lot... and there's always a large group following the minstrel.

Also I assume the Populous mod doesn't adversely affect any quests involving the adviser with there being more than one? (And why more than one adviser anyway? He makes quite a nuisance of himself hogging the scribe table all the time and throwing fits whenever I have to use it to do something... multiply that times four and I can see the pit fiend getting a regular diet of Adviser kibble.)

The No-auto swordfighting mod is awesome by the way. A thousand and one blessings on you good sir.
Scholar
#43 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Destynova99
1) With the Populous mod, do all the servants follow the monarch around instead of staying in the castle doing their job like they're supposed to (and thus making my poor monarch wait until they find their way back to the castle before he can order them to fix him some food)?

2) Does the castle get super crowded in a well developed kingdom with the Populous mod? With renown up a good bit and territories annexed, the war strategy table gets swarmed a lot... and there's always a large group following the minstrel.

Also I assume the Populous mod doesn't adversely affect any quests involving the adviser with there being more than one? (And why more than one adviser anyway? He makes quite a nuisance of himself hogging the scribe table all the time and throwing fits whenever I have to use it to do something... multiply that times four and I can see the pit fiend getting a regular diet of Adviser kibble.)

The No-auto swordfighting mod is awesome by the way. A thousand and one blessings on you good sir.

1) My Monarch's servants follow him around, but I think it might depend where he's headed. It seems to happen alot and it looks good. I change them all to look like guards because it looks better. I'm fairly sure the game uses only one to be the 'call for food' servant. The rest are just nice additions, they scrub the floor etc, at least, mine always look busy.

2)It depends. I've had this mod in since it was available, and last week was the busiest I ever saw it. So awesomely busy I took a screen cap of it. It varies. You get 4 royal advisors, 8 guards, 4 servants, 2 town criers, and 3 squires, the squires are a little creepy because they always all look the same, it's only the skintone that varies between them, and they follow each other around all the time. None of the other additions do this.

3)No, the game picks a default advisor and sticks with them through that kingdom. If you tell the Monarch to use the scribe table, the advisor should immediately finish what he's doing and vacate the seat. Mine always has.

I love the populous mod. It's one I would not be without. The castle looks way better with all the additions. Looks cool if you have a really long table and call them all to a meal. Tickled me first time I saw it, but I admit I'm easily amused :P

Hope this helps Try it out. If it turns out to be too busy for you, you can always uninstall it. Uninstalling won't remove any additions from a kingdom where they've already spawned though, but subsequent kingdoms will be as intended by the game.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 1:46 AM
I love your mods! Thank you kindly.

Now for my dilemma:
I had "Populous: Increased Royal Attendants and Staffing" installed but it is making my throne room way to crowded. Is there away to remove some of the unwanted staff without restarting my kingdom? It is making my computer struggle whenever I enter the castle and I would like it not to explode
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 12:11 AM Last edited by ForumZombie : 27th Dec 2011 at 5:00 PM.
I like the crowd, but you can only eliminate them if you remove the Populous mod and start a new kingdom
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 7:13 AM
They disappeared during one of the quests with one of my other heroes. All of the Townies and NPC disappeared...I think it just went kaboom I decided to start a new kingdom since that one hadn't really been played with in months and I wasn't sure were I left off. The staff is there in the new kingdom except the royal adviser who went upstairs and disappeared...I hope they come back soon. I really enjoyed the crowd in the beginning but it slowed the game down way to much after a while.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 5:00 PM
I assume you removed Populous. Hope everything turned out alright in the new kingdom. In the previous six months of release of Populous no one had reported this issue. I may now consider creating a Populous Uninstaller--although using that properly might be more trouble than just starting a new kingdom. I apologize for any confusion I caused you.

Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:35 PM
Thank you for your modifications. You made the game much more fun.
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:25 PM
I do not see how to install this. I would like to read all instructions before installing/downloading...whatever, but I can't find them...Help please?
Instructor
#50 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:00 PM
OMG This is so awesome. Needed ALL of these changes so badly. Thank you so much for sharing these <3

The autonomous sword fighting in locations that are truly inappropriate for such things was getting very annoying. Townie kids whacking toy swords around during the priest's sermon was very irritating. Thank you so much for ridding us of this annoyance <3

Possibly could you make a mod to increase the number of servings from the beer and wine casks? All of my characters drink quite a lot, and I think those barrels look like they should be able to fill a lot more than just 12 cups (I've tried SimRecruit's mod for this, but unfortunately it has not been updated for a very long time and does not work with patch 2.0)
Page 2 of 3