Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 25
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:33 PM
great mod and tool! my sim's scrapbook was already filled with around 20 useless memories after playing just for an hour. so i thought that the limit of 300 is going to be reached very quickly and manually deleting them seems like a pain in the butt...
a huge thank you!!!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:48 PM
Thanks so much! I really hated the automatic memories and just wanted to have custom memories. So, yay! You created my favorite flavor!
It's really awesome of you to also provide the tool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:49 PM
This is amazing. Thank you times a billion. :')
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:53 PM
Does this mod prevent all the other inactive sims in the hood from receiving the placeholder memories (as I will call them) in their scrapbooks? Or is it my active sims only?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:54 PM
I didn't keep up with manually deleting them, as I have twenty-ish "small parks" that are Subway Stations around my world and the scrapbook filled up within a couple of hours of playing. That kind or ruined my creative plans of using the scrapbook as a, well, scrapbook.

This will help me loads! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:55 PM
thankyou so so much! it was going to fry everyones computers, your a life saver!(':
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:00 PM
Fantastic! Excellent! Marvelous! Stupendous! Phenomenal!

Many thanks...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:15 PM
Thank you you saved our computer ram and made the game less laggy!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:33 PM
I absolutely love you.. and this mod

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:34 PM
I love you!
Thanks so much~!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:47 PM
Thank you for this, just one small thing you may like to add.

When using this tool, it complained about the path. I'm guessing you forgot to change it, but it will only create the package if the files for this tool are at C:\The Sims 3\gabi\1wip\only_important_memories

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:05 PM
This tool is amazing, however I am unable to save my own package due to an error:

"System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\The Sims 3\gabi\1wip\only_important_memories\S3_0333406C_00000000_9A976C90ECC75C81_DreamsAndPromisesNodes%%+_XML.1_22.xml"
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:06 PM
@Shimrod101: The mod sets the IsLifeEvent tag of the dream nodes to nothing, so the game doesn't think they're memories. This should be the case for all sims, however I haven't tested this on non-active sims. (I wasn't even aware that they also accumulate memories. That might explain the size of my savefiles.)

@severedsolo: Thanks so much for pointing this out! It's fixed now

@Jonni: Please download again. It's fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:07 PM
I'm having the same problem, Jonni, which sucks, because I REALLY love all the options this tool gives people!
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lii
I'm having the same problem, Jonni, which sucks, because I REALLY love all the options this tool gives people!
Please download again. It should be fixed now. I'm very sorry this error slipped in.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
Please download again. It should be fixed now. I'm very sorry this error slipped in.

It works! Thank you so much. :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:30 PM
Thank you so much. This had aggravated me so much I had turned the memories completely off in the game.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:27 PM
Thank-you!

What a stupid feature. Really, remembering throwing up or being late to work? Dumbest thing ever, EA.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:38 PM
Thanks for fixing it! You've gone above and beyond giving the community such customization for those dreaded spamories!

Deserves to be featured.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:41 PM
Thanks so so so so so so so so much! :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:47 PM
Thank you so much for this it was really needed, I don't like memories at all especially since they bloat up save file sizes anyway thanks again :-).
Inventor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:59 PM
Thank you.

Any chance that the strings can be made translatable into other languages ?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:03 PM
I've got a question... I'm wondering if there is a way to make memories only happen once? I don't mind if a small memory pops up, but it's annoying when it keeps happening.

I'm just curious if this is possible or if you can only have all repetitive memories or have none of them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:07 PM
Thank you so much! Between this and severedsolo's mod on Romantic Reputation, my game has gotten so much better.
Page 1 of 25