Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:00 AM
Default what the hell is going on???
I'll just list everything that happened in order

My sim organizes a slumber party to start at 7 pm

she goes to school

I switch to another family and switch back to her

She is skipping school along with every other teen in the neighborhood(they are all standing outside school) and the party is no longer going to happen. So I organize another one.

Everything is good, the guests show up. Except one guest shows up and then leaves immediately.

I switch to that guest to get her to come back and then i switch back to the main person. All the party guests are home now

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it's REALLY annoying. Does anyone else have this problem????
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:41 PM
I think, but I might be wrong, that when you change families that action puts a stop to certain activities, wishes and opportunities. So I am assuming that parties is one of the things it stops.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:08 PM
Also if you have a party on a lot that isn't your home and guests are there, then you go into Edit Town to add something to that place, when you return the guests will have all gone home with no recollection of ever having been invited, cause they aren't coming back.

I see it as the game protecting the little simmies by moving them to a safe place while you edit - or shift family.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:14 PM
That never used to happen =(

I always switch families to make them do what I want and to avoid having sims walk away from the party to go play computer games or something equally annoying.

Section jump