Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Concrete Parking Barrier Replacement

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 8:34 PM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:18 PM
Thanks!! Nice idea!! Good to know this will not conflict with the invisible one.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:44 PM
awesome thanks =)
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:32 AM
So much better than the original one! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:18 AM
At first I thought that I don't need this because I have the invisible one. But then I realized that I'm too lazy to replace every parking space in my neighborhood and this will do it for me.
So it's very useful! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:04 AM
Very useful and precious.Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:01 PM
Love your attention to the "smaller" things in this game,Hys. Thanks.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:54 PM
Brilliant! It is always the small details that make me crazy. The yellow and black barrier is no exception. As Killc*a mentioned and given the number of lots I currently have in game, replacing all of them with invisible spaces is a PIA. This concerete replacement is far more useful and exactly what I need. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:18 PM
Very nice. I like the object mods that fix things to look the way EA should have done them in the first place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:22 AM
Noob question, this overrides the parking space textures completely? So I can't have both yellow/black ones and your grey ones in game?

Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:27 PM
Yes Yes Yes! I too wanted to keep that bump but remove these ugly colors instead of making the thing go invisible! *sigh* It's so simple, thanks HP!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:41 AM
Great idea, HP. I'm downloading this.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:42 AM
Tripcore - One or the other, not both. I don't know of a way to make it have multiple colour options (if I did, I'd have just made it recolourable) so replacement is the only way I can do it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 7:51 PM
Thank you!
Thank you very much for this, I have hated the original sense I started playing Sims 3, I loved that you can place it anywhere so that you are able to park a car anywhere, but I don't like that you can't change the colour on it, at least with this it will blend in better, so thanks!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:53 AM
Thank you, I hate that thing. Never seen one in someone's driveway.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 4:00 AM
Those stripey barriers just don't match too much... just a big 'ol blight on the lawn
Thank you for sharing this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 7:44 PM
It really irked to have those gaudy things on residential lots. Great solution!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:56 AM
is this compatible with 1.26 (aka pets EP)?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:16 AM
xnguyen - Yes, as are all my texture replacements.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 10:22 PM
Thank you!
:lovestruc Thank you, I have been using this for awhile and find it looks so much better then the original one, which look really silly, you would think they would have at least made it where we could change the color ourselves, sure its wonderful that you can now put the driveway anywhere but its like every time they make something really great they add something really stupid that almost eclipse's the great thing.

I was just looking through other things and saw this again and just thought I would thank you again for this!

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:25 AM
Thanks! I always found these quite ugly -_-
Field Researcher
#22 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 10:35 PM
Is this compatible with 1.38?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 5:46 AM
Great idea to create this. Thanks for sharing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 4:54 PM
I just downloaded this last night looks great in my game....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 5:59 PM
The original stripes always seemed a bit garish, but when I tried the invisible mods, I'd end up forgetting just exactly where the barrier was which made moving it around rather more hassle than I needed. This is a much better match for my personal sim needs. Thank you!
Page 1 of 2