Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17 (Who?), Viewed: 6066 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:15 AM
Funerals?
Ever since one of my sims died i've had the option to throw a funeral under the 'throw party' option on the phone, i was just wondering if anyone had thrown one yet and what exactly happens? Do all the sims show up in black (considering that's the standard color for Americanized tv/movie/game funerals), is there any odd moddlets? A casket? Or do people still dance to the radio, drink nectar and bitch about there not being enough bathrooms.... which come to think of it, could also be classified as a funeral lol.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#2 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:25 AM
The "funeral" option predates Generations. AFAIK there's nothing special about it, though, unfortunately
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:33 AM
My sims don't tend to die. I keep them all immortal and YA- most of the time. That would be interesting though- although if funerals were like parties in the rest of the game- I'd suck at throwing those too. For some reason, I never throw good parties and I suspect funerals would be no exception.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:36 AM
Ah, see, i had never seen the 'funeral' option before so i just figured it was Generations, guess i was wrong. Could be because i very rarely played characters until their death, i have a very limited attention span.

@SimsLover50 At least for funerals it's not expected to be an 'epic' party, funerals in general are suppose to kinda suck.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingEchoes
@SimsLover50 At least for funerals it's not expected to be an 'epic' party, funerals in general are suppose to kinda suck.

Hah! That made me crackup. Maybe a funeral is a party I can actually succeed at throwing!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:19 PM Last edited by lisfyre : 29th Jun 2011 at 5:33 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsLover50
My sims don't tend to die. I keep them all immortal and YA- most of the time. That would be interesting though- although if funerals were like parties in the rest of the game- I'd suck at throwing those too. For some reason, I never throw good parties and I suspect funerals would be no exception.

I have three The Sims 3 folders - labeled:

The Sims 3 EA Only - just EA Store CC - only used to build lots for uploading
The Sims 3 Play - all EA Store and 3rd party CC with No dying and TCE on and all motives in the green.
The Sims 3 Legacy - all EA Store and 3rd party CC with NO CHEATS (yes... dying is allowed)

Depending on my mood, I play one of these 3 accordingly. I just take out the wording after The Sims 3 and fire up the game and go from there.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 7:26 PM
That's very clever! I might try that sometime. What a good way to organize things. Sadly, mine is all mixed up. If I ever do a clean install, I'm going to do it your way, so I can mess around with things.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:12 PM
truly a neat way to organize the games, why do I whine about everything being messed up while I can install them in separated folders like that. idiot
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:23 AM
Funeral is really a pre-Generations feature and gives the participant sims special dialogue options, like "Talk good about the dead person" or "Talk bad about the dead person", and "Console". There can be even more I just don't remember exactly. And as far as I remember it's a formal dress code, but maybe it's optional.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:10 PM
I know this sounds silly, but the main problem I have with funerals is that there's no way to enforce an all black dress code, lol. Seeing people stand around in their misc. EA assigned clothing kind of kills the somber mood, and I don't usually feel like taking every single guest into CAS for an update.
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 1:36 AM
I threw a funeral once. Nobody had died, but the option was there so I threw it for the hell of it.

...Everyone had fun dancing together

You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
Deception, Oil & Laserbeams: motherfucking Tumblr
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 2:31 AM
Wow! I learn something new every day it seems. I've never seen the Funeral feature. But then, I very rarely throw parties of any kind. Just wedding parties once in a while or for specific legacies.
I'll have to try it on my next story play. It would work in perfectly with certain story lines I have in mind...

It's too bad we don't have a 'funeral' category of clothing for this purpose though. I'll have to tell them to wear their Formals, at least. Do they bring gifts or anything?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 4:32 AM
I got a message saying the funeral I threw was a failure because nobody died!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I threw a funeral once. Nobody had died, but the option was there so I threw it for the hell of it.

It seems like you always get the option to have a funeral if there is an elder in the household.
Alchemist
#14 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 4:37 AM
LMAO D: I guess a *~super amazing~* funeral would be if everyone dropped like flies, huh?

And o_O I didn't have an elder in that household, though...!

You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
Deception, Oil & Laserbeams: motherfucking Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 5:41 AM
I threw a funeral once...5 minutes after the guests arrived they were all splashing in the pool/eating/dancing, not even realizing that the ghost of the deceased person was there, haunting the sofa/microwave/toilet(while the Sim was using it)/TV.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 9:38 AM
i threw a funeral once and half of the guests left before they could be consoled or cheered up (overwhelmed by grief, i suppose) and the other guests either raided the fridge or the bathroom, or left and complained about what an awful party it was.

no respect for the dead in, though i guess it makes sense since the dead don't tend to respect the living either as far as i've seen - ghosts coming in uninvited and napping in stranger's beds...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 3:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbalena
I got a message saying the funeral I threw was a failure because nobody died!

Hm, maybe I should try with funerals instead of regular parties seeing as some stupid guest always end up dead anyway. From buzz kill to killer party :D

I have skeletons in my closet and I hope they come out in time for Pride.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:08 PM
I got once a sim dead, a vampire just died in front of me (matthieu hamming) he was a guest, so not in my family, a potential boyfriend and my sims was crying sooo much. I try to do funerals, i event got to the cimetary to get the tomb, and never got the option of funeral party... Is it because i am not family ?? What happend with people who lived alone ? Anyway, i didnt save the game ^^

I think if i get the tomb at the place, people will mourn.
Anyways, funeral are not excinting except eating sandwich at the end...

Section jump