Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:58 AM
Default Did EA abandon this game already?
No info about expansions or still desperatly needed patches, no DLC, nothing.

Did the game sell so poorly that EA is completely ignoring it by now already?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:12 AM
I knew it was going to suck before it came out.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:17 AM Last edited by HarVee : 4th Jul 2011 at 10:56 PM.
Yes basically, EA has given up on The Sims Medieval.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:42 AM
I appreciate that EA took a risk for the very first time, but I gues I have to agree about it being not enough like the original sims.

Quests could have been done in a more expanded way than in world adventures after all.
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:45 AM
I for one thought the game had potential. I mean, if we all actually invested in modding it, there would've been countless possibilities. But seeing EA abandon it kind of makes everyone forget about it too.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 4:05 PM
Game has been out three months, and this is long enough for some to claim "EA has abandoned it." Ha Ha Ha. People have claimed that there is evidence they are planning an EP, I don't see anything on their site about it though, so I have no idea if it's true or not.

As far as Patches go: If there are as few as possible, this is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. It appears to me that the game functions as it should, other than some of the quests being borked, which can be worked around; and the issue with saved sims pictures, which isn't really that difficult to deal with.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 4:18 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. Medieval interested me at first, but I quickly grew bored and haven't picked up since. The game's rabbit holes were simply ridiculous, and I disliked being forced to play different sims.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 4:31 PM
They are still making regular posts on Facebook for Sims Medieval. No information, but they have caption contests with prizes. I still have hope for an expansion.

I usually see a post from them at least once a day.

*edit* oh yes, as for patches, it seems they often patch stuff with expansions too.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:07 PM Last edited by edejan : 1st Jul 2011 at 8:24 PM.
O.P. I thought I had read about an expansion pack due out in Fall. Did that get cancelled?

Here's the link. Don't know how official it is tho':

http://www.simprograms.com/31358/th...pirates-nobles/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:15 PM
It's just odd considering how they smother sims3 with attention constantly, and as far as I understand sims medieval is not mod friendly.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:51 PM
As far as I can tell it is more mod friendly than the other game. Or at least it would be easier to make stuff for this one than the other game. The problem lies with the fact that tools like S3PE and the Cloner haven't been fixed with the wrappers for reading all the other resource types, making it impossible to do most things. This is a severe letdown, "The Sims 3 Community" as it calls itself, or some at least call it, is not doing itself a favor by not giving some of us an opportunity to make things for this game: for which these tools or similar tools are a necessity.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Retired
retired moderator
#12 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 10:00 PM
The game has barely any sand in its sandbox, Shimrod101. Whatever appeal TSM has, it isn't an appeal that spans "The Sims 3 Community". It lacks one of the most core features of Simming games.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 10:06 PM
If it's Build Mode you're talking about, I'm glad to see it gone. This is brilliant IMO.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 11:54 PM
Well, this game has potential, most of it wasted: they've done something that is not much liked by sims gamers nor is liked by rpg players, no flesh, no fish.
Graphics are very good and i like much the new face skin (i like CASing^^) clothing is beautiful and there is so much that EA can do, have to do. The ambitions are a fake, always the same world, again and again and the biggest drawback of this game is the lack of customization of the world and lots.
I hope they will not abandon Medieval, but i fear they will not do much about it.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:20 AM
Since they have that little icon in one of the corners at the main screen that kind of says "more ambitions" I think they are planing something, but since they had to think a lot before making the first game isn't it natrual to have to think even harder to make the expantions even greater, and also if you think about the diffrent time settings and the requests from the ones playing the game they might have a hard time finding all the info needed to make it for the game.

^__^'' I have seen some "lists" that say that they're making an ep but I don't know if they're real. Will still play the game even if they don't give out any eps.

腐女子 です~
Instructor
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 6:33 AM
I agree with Shimrod101 that it's mainly a lack of tools that makes the game seem less moddable. From a code standpoint making script mods is nearly identical to making script mods in TS3. Also, if anyone is using some kind of DTTB converter, there are a ton of things that can be done with simple xml's.

As far as know there are people working on making tools for different things, so I think eventually people will find this as mod friendly as TS3. Who knows how long it will take! I know for me modding is something I do when I have the time. Give it time.

And if you don't like the game, fine, but why are you hanging out in the Medieval forum? Personally, I like it being a different game the TS3. I have moments when I play and mod both. Medieval is a good break from Sims 3 for me.

I see a lot of potential, so I truely hope EA hasn't given up on this game. I haven't.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:20 AM
I feel kind of bad that this game turned out the way it did. I bought it right away, but was very careless and should have waited. Now it sits in a drawer and I haven't played it since the day i bought it. Worst 50 bucks i've ever spent in my life, but maybe i can sell it on ebay or something.

I do agree with others though, the IDEA had potential. They should have got their head out of their asses and made the game right. They know with the Sims 3, no one is going to settle for less than this game, and the Sims Medieval was just that. If they allowed legacies, aging of the sims, ability to control multiple sims at once, and free reign quests, it would have been a decent game. Either all that, or they shouldn't have created so many damn rabbit holes! The village, the other territories, the open sea! I mean, come on EA, we couldn't even build our own castle or add rooms? LAME!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:48 AM
I can understand very well why there is no building, since it would be very difficult to maintain a medieval look.

They could of course have allowed a list of maybe 20 preset houses to choose from and it not being exclusive to any class aside from those living in the castle, the house being chosen seperatly from the class. But they might still be able to patch this into the game or add this in an expansion.

I really do like this game, but it just gets boring and extremely repetitive after a while. Same was true for the sims3 without expansions however.

If EA is smart, they will focus mostly on free play mode for an expansion and maybe just give a few more quests and provide the game with an easy to use quest editor so that players can make them on their own to prevent repetition, and allow players to upload their own made quests and download quests of others to prevent players from knowing whats going to happen.

The blue eyes bug is mostly keeping me from playing lately, its just annoying and keeps returning.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
The blue eyes bug is mostly keeping me from playing lately, its just annoying and keeps returning.

You have tried my mod which removes this bug?

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 6:34 PM
this game isnt for everyone thats clear..its more of a rpg type sims game and me being a big rpg fan *depends on the game of course* i like it alot..besides it has only been out a few months,at the least you dont normaly hear of any exps or coming info for at least right before its released which is about 6 months from release..same thing happened with sims 2 and 3..they always went out right before the release of the exp and gave out screen shots and so forth..base games it was much sooner to gather hype..i know and believe they will crank this game up even better,tho i just got mine yesterday im enjoying it alot,tho i hate bugs lol but it wont keep me from playing..so if you dont like the game is doesnt make the game crappy,just not your type of game

Georgia "..I Couldnt Stop Her..That Was My Sin..And This In MY Punishment"
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 3:44 AM
I really hope that EA hasn't abandoned this game. I think it has so much potential. I think adding horses would be a big plus..and I wonder if it is feasible to add jousting..I think that fits the timeline. it is really such a beautiful game , but it does get repetitive so it needs more content.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 10:25 AM
Jousting would likely be the main feature if they put in horses, simply riding on them wouldnt be interesting enough. It should be possible to talk while on horseback though, knights and kings shouldnt need to dismount to talk with a peasant.
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 3:34 PM
This is the Cast Away Stories counterpart. It is a standalone game and I don't think there's any worth in expanding it further. The game itself is very limited. You can only customize clothes and objects. The idea was great but I think that's it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
You have tried my mod which removes this bug?

I have it and it works perfectly. Thanks a lot. BTW, I have most of your TSM mods and 27 or your TS3 mods in my games and I really appreciate the work you do to make the games more enjoyable.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 3:31 AM
Excuse a poster from the Sims2 boards popping in here to a possibly inappropriate thread to share something that might make y'all feel good. A friend of mine, whose blog is normally about writing and librarian topics, posted today about buying Sims Medieval for her 11-year-old and how it went:

http://blog.wendieold.com/2011/07/m...-our-house.html

The state of things at the store may discourage you, but enthusiasm in the young is always so heartening.

Happy 4th of July and Dog Days of Summer!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 1 of 3