Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 2:17 PM
I can't wait for the sims 4.
Unfortunately I don't like a lot the sims 3... too many bug and limitations.

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
I'll switch over in a heartbeat. If the star signs and favorites actually mean something in TS4 (like you get a buff from eating your favorite food)

Star signs give you boosts in relationships with compatible signs, and I'm pretty sure that we already have the favorite food buff...

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UltraRobbie
What they need is a deeper and more advanced personality system. Let them have specific phobias, multiple favourite food choices, or some specific thing they really love e.g. Swimming, or something. Maybe let them have opinions on things; one Sim could hate football but love TV, and another could love sandwiches and love sitting on the beach with friends or something. Things that could make the Sims more realistic.
I don't want them TOO realistic though. I still want it's quirkiness and comedy, but I don't want uber-realism, I think that would ruin it in my opinion. I just want them a little more realistic and varied, you know?

I think it would have been great if they sort of expanded the traits based on the new interractions present in new EPs, like neurotic sims worring that their kids eat sand from the sandpit, or that the family dog sits on the couch. However, a more advanced personality system would be useless if they keep the current text based statistical method they use to give feedback to the player about their sims.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#29 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:37 PM
The trouble with buffs is they are just a form of pointscoring for players. They don't affect the sims' behaviour.

They're called sims cos they're supposed to simulate. Now please can some EA developer work on the simulation AI.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#30 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
If the star signs and favorites actually mean something

Like Robodl said, star signs give relationship points. When sims eat their favorite food, they clap and cheer excitedly. Decorating the room with your favorite color gives a boost to the environment moodlet. Listening to your favorite type of music gives an additional +10 boost.

----
Once EA includes pets, weather, and magic-- I'll be satisfied with TS3.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Scholar
#31 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM
There was once a plan Maxis had of making a game named Simsville. I kinda wanted that. Still do. A game that would allow me to simulate (!) a community, and yet be able to concentrate on individual sims' lives.
I kinda hoped TS3 would be like that. Imagine my disappointment. It came out, and I immediatelly started playing it. Only to uninstall it (TS3, in case anyone was wondering...) as soon as I first switched households and found a parthenogenetic spawn on Christopher Steel's living room floor.

I play it again, but only casually (and heavily modded). I don't think EA is ever going to make a Sims game that's gonna make me into a serious Sims addict like Maxis used to. I played TS 1&2 daily, for hours, during a decade. I gave up TV, movies and reading for my new hobby - The Sims. With TS3 that simply didn't happen, to my great chagrin. I'm still mad about that. They took my fix away from me. Unfortunately, I can't go back to TS2 anymore. It just takes forever to load, and it kinda lost its appeal too. After all, I did spend countless hours playing it.

On the up side, I began reading more again.

And just for the heck of it - here's to hope that EA will make TS4 a Simsville kind of game. I know it's silly of me, but hope is, after all, always the last to die.
Theorist
#32 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:24 PM
Simming has become an expensive hobby. Sims 3 cost 60 dollars for the base game. EPs are 40 dollars each when they come out...what will Sims 4 cost? 80 dollars base game?? 60 dollars per ep??

Will I get Sims 4? Well, let's see how much it is and what it does first. The whole thing has become too much for me to afford and most fans will eventually be priced out of the fun. I won't drop 40 bucks on a so-so expansion pack. It's a bit out of my league now.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#33 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:57 PM
I think we have almost another two years of TS3 anyway but I suppose for the sake of speculation. It would need to have a memory system of some sort before I'd buy it. Also I remember hearing about how Sims in TS3 had "Free will" but they never do anything important on their own I.e Playing video games till you die from hunger is not free will. so I'd want something more like free will. those are the two big ones. But even the there would simply need to be better game play in general considering I'm very happy TS3. Ok it has bugs and is missing things I want but over all its rather satisfying otherwise none of us would play it.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 7:31 PM
If the Sims4 were coming out next week, I would switch immediately and abandon Sims3 on the spot.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Alchemist
#35 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 8:04 PM Last edited by kennyinbmore : 7th Jul 2011 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
How are we supposed to make this kind of decision? We know absolutely nothing, and it's a long ways off in the future.

Exactly. I'll make that decision when I find out what's in a Sims 4, the same way I did with 3. For the life of me though, I can't imagine what's left to do with the sims. The open world and story progression was a big jump in game play from TS2 to TS3, but I can't imagine what they can do with a TS4 that would garner my interest
Forum Resident
#36 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Exactly. I'll make that decision when I find out what's in a Sims 4, the same way I did with 3. For the life of me though, I can't imagine what's left to do with the sims. The open world and story progression was a big jump in game play from TS2 to TS3, but I can't imagine what they can do with a TS4 that would garner my interest

They could do Story Progression properly? Instead of the half-assed system that's in place now. That lone would probably be enough for me, although I guess I'm easy.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Instructor
#37 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
Decorating the room with your favorite color gives a boost to the environment moodlet.

Really? The game is advanced enough to know when you've used Lime Green on the wallpaper or toilet? I never noticed that!

Once EA includes pets, weather, and magic-- I'll be satisfied with TS3.

I'm totally with you there - I'm will be very upset if we don't see weather SOON.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:03 AM
If TS4 had actual genetics instead of the half-assed system in TS3 that would go a long way in persuading me. I just looove how skintones don't blend and how children either end up looking like clones of the parent sims, or like mutants that got severely beaten with a shovel.... (sarcasm off)
Alchemist
#39 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:26 AM
People are judging a game that is a good (probably) 3 years away? What the hell.

I'll switch if it's miles better than TS3. Otherwise, unless I hate 4, I'll play both.
Scholar
#40 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:54 AM
I'm sure that I will have the game in my cold, clammy hands the very first day it is released, and unless it's really awful I imagine that I would not go back to Sims 3 after that.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:10 AM
Decorating the room with your favorite color gives a boost to the environment moodlet.

Oh wow, I didn't know that!

I have my quibbles with TS3 (mostly the EPs) but the base game is far and away better than TS2 in my opinion. There's so many little details (like the above) they put in the game that I love discovering.

That being said, I like new shiny things so I would probably drop TS3 for TS4 like I did TS2 for TS3 when it came out. However, I don't play TS3 nearly as much as I did TS2 so by the time TS4 comes out, I may not even be a simmer anymore. Who's to say, it's so far away.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore

I'm pretty sure it will be about social networking. Like being able to have your RL friend have their Sim visit your hood, and then you can play together. Or, maybe it will be like Sim Earth, that every hood you create is a country you can visit. Because exiting your own hood, is still the only boundary they have not crossed.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Really? The game is advanced enough to know when you've used Lime Green on the wallpaper or toilet? I never noticed that!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that you only get the mood boost if you use the specific hex number for whichever color your Sims like. So the only way you'd get it is if you went out of your way to give things that particular hex color. Probably why so many people haven't noticed. So, no, not really advanced, lol. If I'm not mistaken about the specificity of it, it's a very limited feature.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that you only get the mood boost if you use the specific hex number for whichever color your Sims like. So the only way you'd get it is if you went out of your way to give things that particular hex color. Probably why so many people haven't noticed. So, no, not really advanced, lol. If I'm not mistaken about the specificity of it, it's a very limited feature.

Yep, you have to use exactly the right shade. The list is here; http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Favorite

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:32 PM
Depends what TS4 has to offer. If within the first week of playing I don't like it, lol I'm bringing back TS2. I don't think I really like TS3 anymore after you guys remind me how much awesomer TS2 was.

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Alchemist
#46 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
They could do Story Progression properly? Instead of the half-assed system that's in place now. That lone would probably be enough for me, although I guess I'm easy.

That would be nice, but not nice enough to make plunk down my $40

Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I'm pretty sure it will be about social networking. Like being able to have your RL friend have their Sim visit your hood, and then you can play together. Or, maybe it will be like Sim Earth, that every hood you create is a country you can visit. Because exiting your own hood, is still the only boundary they have not crossed.

Now those are ideas that might make me buy it. Are you listening EA? lol
Field Researcher
#47 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 8:08 PM
i can hardly fit ts3 and its expansion packs on this computer, so i'd surely not be able to fit both ts3 and ts4. i do love ts3, but if i ended up liking ts4 a bit better, i'm sure i'd end up eventually switching to that. i love ts2, but as i can't fit both ts2 and ts3 in my computer, i don't play ts2 at all anymore. if i had a bigger computer, i'm sure i'd end up continuing to play both.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 9:49 PM
I'll definitely give TS4 a shot! I've been playing TS since the year TS1 was released when I was 12 years old and I still play it once in a while, as well as TS2. But at the moment I'm really enjoying TS3.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
We know nothing about TS4 besides that fact that it's being made and that it's 2-3 years away. How can we possibly make a decision? I think it'll be interesting though, will TS3 develop a cult of "non-converters" like TS2 did?

That's what I (one of the non converters) was wondering. If, for example, it's more of a role-playing game, like TS3, I know I won't be buying. I like free play.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#50 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
That's what I (one of the non converters) was wondering. If, for example, it's more of a role-playing game, like TS3, I know I won't be buying. I like free play.

I don't get this. How is it a role-playing game? I guess you're talking about the opportunities and WA, but you can turn those off now. You never HAD to do them anyway. Maybe that was partially true when the game came out, but we are now 2 years down the line.

Page 2 of 5