Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 23 (Who?), Viewed: 9873 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:49 AM
Sapphire Sims?
I wasn't simming for awhile and once I returned, I noticed http://sapphiresims2.com/ was no longer in operation, all forums and downloads are gone. I know they were moving a few things around when I left but I'm not sure what happened. I loved Sapphire Sims and created for them a lot and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what happened to the site.
Thanks for your help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:08 PM
Hmm, I've just gone over there just now and had a look and it's all working fine for me - try again, maybe they were having a temporary glitch? I know they were down recently for a while for maintenance, but I've been on there a few times since then, over the past couple of weeks, and it's been working OK.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:28 PM
Hmm that's really strange, it still seems to be not working. None of the forums or anything are there and none of the downloads are working. The front page is practically blank and the download's pictures don't show up :/ Have no idea what's going on!

This is what I'm seeing on the front page/download page..

Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:44 PM
Try logging out.

"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:37 PM
Hmm, that didn't seem to do anything :/ I logged out and it read;

All cookies cleared!

•Return to the page you were previously viewing
•Go to forums index

I then clicked on forums index and it seems there is a 'forum' of sorts but it only has two threads on Sims 2, not like the one I was used to.
It's like everything's been disabled or something...
'Death, death, death' Until the sun cries morning
staff: retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:53 PM
It's all working fine for me, I can log in and see the forums/ downloads (although it does look a lot different to how it used to be). Make sure you are allowing cookies, and also that you don't have the domain blocked. Perhaps there is a problem with your user account? Try contacting the staff there, if you hit the contact us button at the bottom it gives you an email address jewelcouncil at gmail dot com.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH Headlong Flight Performing Arts Award Star Rush OC
Please check out my profile policies before PMing me! Thanks.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 2:14 PM
I have been a proud member of SS2 since around 2005 or 2006. Last I heard from those on site, they where having issues. Are they still having these issues? And are there still people on the site? I cannot tell, because the shout box and forum box are non-existent, so I cannot confirm when the last post was.
Also, is there a chat room for members here? I miss Jafa, Grand Dutchess Emerald, Minnie_Nessie and these other I cannot seem to contact.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:22 PM
I've been wondering the same thing, but haven't seen any explanation for what's going on. I miss seeing new downloads there. So many were beautiful to the point that I had to download them even if it meant overloading my game.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 2:58 PM
Sapphire Sims
i dont see anywhere on the page to creat an account. why would they only have log in and thats it???? what do i do now?
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 6:20 PM
It works for me but I don't know about much as it says the adminstrator has stopped you making accounts?! Having another look. Again. My sim game broke down and I had to uninstall everything so it's now got no mermaid content as I forgot my login to main sim site I heard that sapphire sims is pretty big on mermaid stuff...
edit
Still saying that you can't register!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
23rd Jul 2011 at 6:22 PM
This message has been deleted by Lackyducks.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 7:51 AM
Hmmm, I can't help out here, I do seem to have a problem not being able to create a Sappire Sims account. I really wanted to join too...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 3:30 PM
I don't believe you can make a Sapphire Sims account anymore.

http://sapphiresims2.com/register.php

"Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

All existing accounts still work though.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 4:32 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 8th Sep 2011 at 9:59 PM.
I can still log in but there's very little there - it seem impossible to access the Sims 2 section at all (when I click on the site's 'Sims 2' menu option I get a blank page with 'There seems to have been a slight problem with the Sapphire Sims database'), and although you can access the Sims 3 section and the Forums, there have been no new downloads or posts since April 2011. Looks as if it's been abandoned. Really heartbreaking as it was my second favourite Sims site after MTS, loved all the creative and imaginative fantasy and Sci-Fi stuff on there.

EDIT: Hmm, just found a way to access the Sims 2 downloads in case anyone else is unable to access them normally through the menu - try http://www.sapphiresims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2347 . (Not sure how long that will work!) EDIT again, 2 hours later: Damn, now that link's not working either! Oh well...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 10:50 AM
Default hello!
Hello,it is a long time i do not play sims2 or create for them...i tryed to login in SS2 too only to see how it was going and really is gone for me.
some of our friends are now in http://www.theisleofcatarinasims.com
you can find there a lot of beautiful things for sims...i have there a very few items too...i have not time to upload all of them.....glad to know about you all again ..big hugs!
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 7:21 AM
Not to bug, but is it still down for everyone else??? There were so many sims there that I was interested in (cough yami no matsuei cough). I sure hope it's not down for good!! D:
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:39 PM
Still down for me :(
I just recently got a new computer with a huge amount of memory (finally) and was planning to redownload all the sims 2 stuff I had on my old PC but so many things were there :'(
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 12:26 PM
Just tried to go into Sappiresims and it appears to have been taken down, as in the servers are off line or something. Has anyone on MTS heard anything about what's happened to the site, have they moved or is it technical. The only thing I did hear and that was some months ago was that they were taking down one of their sections, the story boards or something along those lines. Anyway hope someone can give an answer, thankfully I only downloaded from there.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#18 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 12:39 PM
Well, we haven't been able to get in touch with anyone from Sapphire Sims for several years now - and we (used to) host them. The site is certainly down, and it would seem that there is no-one left from their old staff who's interested or able to work on fixing it.

"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 4:19 AM
So sad.... I LOVED sapphire sims
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 2:18 AM
Does anyone know what their file sharing policy was? ISaving the Sims has the files, but we can't do anything unless we know. TIA. Ginnie
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 2:31 AM
Oh, some of the creators went here: http://www.theisleofcatarinasims.com/index.php. Ginnie
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th May 2013 at 3:37 PM
Some of the old creators can be found on the Isle of Catarina Sims (see above link). We are also in the process (thanks to Ginnie) of upload some of the creations from our own files. We are in the process of matching files and pics and trying to contact former creators for permission to upload their items. As you can imagine, this is a slow process, so please bear with us. Not to take away from MTS, if you have any files and know they can be shared, please let us know.

Sapphire did shut down due to lack of interest from the powers that be, then Sapphire was running as an achieve only site - then it disappeared for good. It is so sad, we are trying to save what we can from there, but alas, some creations will be lost forever.

Some of the creations were exclusive to the site and most of the creators did share as long as credit was given to the original creator.

A house is not a HOME without a cat ... or two ... or three!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 5th May 2013 at 5:21 PM
I know Sapphire and I said honest, 'I don't miss their .....'

nonsensical comment :-P
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 8:09 PM
I was gone for a very long time, due to not having a computer, and lots of things in my life. I was one of the creators on Sapphire Sims (a minor one)--I have missed you guys so much! But I am now back in the creating/simming community, and am starting to get a few things going. But, I do still have all of my own creations (S2) as well as the photos that accompanied each download, I have stored them all this time. In addition, because I was there so long, and I do also have many, many of the other creators actual S2 creations, and would be more than happy to help restore these to the simming community. I plan on installing S2 and running it for a few of my own planned projects, along with s3 and s4, so, for the things that I did not make, I think I can help get pictures. Please let me know what I can do to help!

Section jump