Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 1:52 AM
I'm glad you got it working.

I'm still messing with things, and kind of looking for other stuff to add to my core so if you have any ideas let me know.

I'm working a bit on Adoption, and I can make it work, but the children never seem to be able to use any of the household items. They recognise the adopted parent's home as their own, but always leave to the village when their tired or hungry. I don't know if anyone would like to mess with this as is. Otherwise they seem to behave like normal children. If anyone is interested in this chime in, otherwise I may move on from it.

I'm also planning on moving some of my Sims 3 mods to my Medieval core, at least any that uses the same code.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 3:04 AM
I think most of my other ideas would need the game developers or require an expansion lol! But the next mods/patch I really need would be abdication in favour of- and a family tree, I've got a seventeenth generation emperor and it'd be awesome to see!

Maybe shorter pregnancy (again) and a shorter infancy - babies are tedious and I feel bad that my guy can't feed them. is it feasible for kids to be sent to the pit?

So, does the adoption allow the child to be eligible for succession?
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
I checked to make sure the nude male body wasn't a glitch, the whole shut down & reboot thing, and if it *IS* a glitch, it is a recurring one. the male sims become floating heads again when they transform into sleeping clothes and get into bed, but when the get out it's back to the nude body.

It's not a glitch! It led me to the right answer. Basically, I couldn't overwrite the original clothing to make it valid for maternity, but I could copy it and make a new set of valid clothing. Thank you so much, and thanks to vidov for his male nude mod.
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 4:17 AM
I think most of my other ideas would need the game developers or require an expansion lol! But the next mods/patch I really need would be abdication in favour of- and a family tree, I've got a seventeenth generation emperor and it'd be awesome to see!

Maybe shorter pregnancy (again) and a shorter infancy - babies are tedious and I feel bad that my guy can't feed them. is it feasible for kids to be sent to the pit?

So, does the adoption allow the child to be eligible for succession?

A lot of the things you mention I don't know if I can do, but it gives me things to look at when I'm bored. Kids to the pit, maybe. Passing on the thone without dieing, maybe. With some of the stuff I've been learning about menus maybe even a family tree (Not Likely). Shorter pregnancy and infancy I believe can be edited by ITUNs or XMLs. Course an interaction could probably be added to do it instantly. Maybe.

Anyway about adoption. It kind of disturbed me that the kids kept running off so I haven't messed with it much further. I'm thinking about adding it to my core beta download, just to let people mess with it. Maybe tomorrow if I don't come up with anything new.
Instructor
#30 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 5:01 AM
Anything you can do is enough I assure you. If the birth/infancy were quicker i think there'd be a whole lot more random children running around (I might be a little obsessed with the mpreg. . .) but like i said, it's something for the developers, and it's something they should have thought of before hand, I can't be the only one who wants abdication, lol.

The kids disappearing to the village is probably a cause for worry, do they come back or are they just killed off in the rabbit hole?
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 5:56 AM
They come back. They just don't act like home is home. But, if you select them and send them home they go to the parent's home.
Instructor
#32 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 6:18 AM
I am confused as to which packages to install. I want wish for child, but not same sex pregnancy, unless men can breastfeed. Also, I have nude male cloth mod by vido. So what should I install?

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#33 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 1:14 PM
You could install the new core beta, which gives you the option of choosing a father for the baby at the Wish For Child well, as well as gives you a tab making pregnancy by same-sex woohooing impossible, the men cannot breast feed for either mod as of yet. If you have Vidov's nude mod installed, your male sim will get nude when pregnancy is discovered but have no stomach, if you have Grimreefer's pregnancy clothing mod installed, they wear clothes, but still have no stomach.
Instructor
#34 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
They come back. They just don't act like home is home. But, if you select them and send them home they go to the parent's home.

ah, well good luck with that then, lolz. *I* probably would only use it to adopt children into the family who are already related but don't show up on the family tab (they do show up don't they?)
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
I am confused as to which packages to install. I want wish for child, but not same sex pregnancy, unless men can breastfeed. Also, I have nude male cloth mod by vido. So what should I install?

DarthKitsune explained it pretty well. You can install either the new core by itself, or Wish for child and the core enabler. The new core seems to be working well, and has a much better wish for child interaction, so I would recommend that one.

To DarthKitsune: Everything about an adopted child is the same as a regular child, they just always run off. Of course that's what I always did as a child. They also can't use any beds on the lot even when selected. I think perhaps there's something in objects which tells it that sims can or can't use it.

It works better than my attempts so far at NPC pregnancy.
Instructor
#36 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:46 PM
Hmm, oh well, I hope you get all the wrinkles ironed out, sounds promising!

by NPC Pregnancy do you mean NPC's getting other NPC's pregnant without direct interference from "The Watcher" or something else? 'Cause I can get my NPC's pregnant, but only by a hero.
Instructor
#37 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 9:29 PM
Ah, thank you. Both of you are massive helps.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:49 PM
I mean unmarried NPC sims who live in the village. The game only allows conception in sims who have a hero in their household. I had been trying to make sims who lived in the rabbit hole pregnant. They can become pregnant, but they go into the village to give birth and never return. Sometimes they even get their image in the relationship panel change to something completely different.
Instructor
#39 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:25 AM
hmm, well, I don't usually concern myself with the mundane day to day dealings of the commoners *haughty sniff* they are beneath my Emperor's Notice.

I usually only really pay any attention to them if they do something I don't like or my Imperial Line needs fresh blood. or if i'm feeling tyrannical. *Off with their heads!*
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 4:25 AM
This a beautiful mod and I LOVE you for making it. I'm not even joking. Once my dad re-formats the hard drive I can install it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 12:46 AM
I have updated my core and moved it to a new thread at Grim's Medieval Core. Thanks to all who have tried it here, and I hope you'll try the new version.
Test Subject
#42 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:50 AM
I use 47 different mods, so it might take a while to figure out which one, but the fact that I can't access it isn't a problem, it isn't interfering with my simBoys giving each other babies. My first set of simGirls couldn't give each other babies, but the boys could, idk if it requires a man or if the first time out was a glitch.

I don't much play with simGirls so, again, it's not a problem.

TummyZa's custom body hair works on TSM? But doesn't that need a body hair tab that went in from a S3 EP?
Instructor
#43 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zucabr
TummyZa's custom body hair works on TSM? But doesn't that need a body hair tab that went in from a S3 EP?

it works fine for me, i think the one i have was made specifically for TSM though.
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 11:04 PM
it works fine for me, i think the one i have was made specifically for TSM though.

Um, may I have a link? :P
Instructor
#45 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:03 AM
the link can be found under tummyza's name HERE I use the more hairy male skin mod myself, but it works, and works well.
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 8:13 PM
Looks like a new update is needed for the new patch Grim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexanderFebo
Looks like a new update is needed for the new patch Grim.

A much better version is available in my core, and updated for 2.0. Since this is a core file, and the options in my core are in game tunable, I kind of think of it as a replacement.

Do you really prefer this over my core version? If so, I can update it, I just haven't seen the point in it.

If you or others really wnat this updated, I will, but I think you all will be happier with my core.
Instructor
#48 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:19 PM
The Core is perfect, I bit hte bullet and upgraded to 2.0.113, so I hope mine works!
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:19 PM
i have question about that mod if i will have a Medieval Same Sex Pregnancy & Wish For Child (Male Maternity Clothing mod and Grim's Medieval Core it's will have no problems
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:39 PM
My core contains an updated Pregnancy that allows you to choose if you want male/male pregnancy, female/female pregnany, female/male pregnancy (normal, but the man gets pregnant instead of the woman), and normal male/female pregnancy. All options can also be turned off making it a no pregnancy mod.

Wish for child is included, but it also allows you to choose the father. Adoption, Retire, and Age Child are also included.

You also have several naked options, and DEBUG option with 2.0.

All of the non-interaction options can be enabled or disabled at will. The interaction are always there to use if you wish.

As I said, it's a much better version with a lot more options.

It is meant as a replacement for all of my mods except for AutoSave which is a pure script mod so they work well together. Also, the same Male Maternity Clothing will work with it.

Wow, I sound like a salesman!

Anyway, I do believe my core will give you what you want and more.
Page 2 of 3