Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 3:39 AM
Default Free Slurpee Day: Had to Pay for One
I am so pissed at 7-11 right now. Not the employees (you guys are cool), but the corporate itself. You guys probably KNEW you'd run out of cups for free slurpee day, but you didn't give the stores more cups just in case. Now 7-11 is rolling in all the profits from paid-for Slurpees just because we decided to buy one instead of just having the trip gas-wasting. I hate 7-11 so much now. I even went as far as to making a FaceBook group called "Boycott 7-11" and ended up deleting it five minutes later because I was embarrassed and realized how stupid I was acting. (When politics and businesses make me mad, I do/say stupid stuff that makes me look like a hot-headed freak.) Point is, 7-11 is disappointing. I even brought my cousins and brother with me, and ended up PAYING.

ENTJ
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 2:03 AM
lololol. I've heard so many people complain about this.

http://whitewhine.com/

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 4:02 AM Last edited by HarVee : 24th Jul 2011 at 1:46 AM.
It is only a Slurpee.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 8:40 PM
Wow, that IS stupid you had to pay for it
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 1:35 AM
Well, on the other side you could not be living in the USA and have to pay for all your drinks (unless the shop has a deal like a loyalty card or buy one, get one free). And as for them giving the shop more cups-maybe they did. You can only give a shop a finite amount of cups.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 2:07 AM
lioness- I don't think the US is the only ones who do it sometimes. Don't know why but once like a few months back when it was really hot down here in Australia (So like Summer) they had free Slurpees going. They didn't run out of cups when I was there.

Although I am confused. They ran out of cups right? So if they ran out how are you guys paying for a cup when there aren't any?

It also depends on the time. Think about it, it's a gas station and depending if you live near a busy road like I do or 7-11 was at a busy road. Then add that it's Summer (Since you said you live in the US). Depending how hot it is you got about hundreds of people stopping to get gas or grab some food on the way. If it's advertised out in the front then you got people who are hot and decide it's time to cool down. So that's got to be alot of cups already gone.

Although you are right, the corporate are idiots then, they should have added all of those factors, although it would be pretty hard to (Actually now I think of it. I think the time the 7-11 down the road did it had a bucketful of cups and it was a big one).
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Although I am confused. They ran out of cups right? So if they ran out how are you guys paying for a cup when there aren't any?

Hey, yeah, how's that work?

Anyway, you didn't have to buy anything. The time to "boycott" a corporation is before you've given them more money.