|Search this Thread|
|12th Jul 2011, 12:35 PM||Custom mesh texture appears white with black letters #1|
I first posted this in the Meshing Forum, but I guess this is a better place to ask
I've made two new object meshes today, and they appear to be fine in and MS, but in game the texture is replaced with gibberish text on a white background. It's not the corrupted objects.package, because it's happening with these two meshes only.
Would anyone be so kind to take a look and see what did I screw up? It's the Hoverboard mesh, as wall deco. It's not all done yet, but I figured I should fix this issue first, before I start finishing it.
|12th Jul 2011, 03:47 PM||#2|
The texture problem is because it is as a RawBit... Rebuilt the texture as a DXT1 and it now shows up in the game correctly. Also redid the bounding mesh, since I couldn't pick it up either. Did you mean to have it floating so far off the wall? Just seems a little bizarre, but that is probably because I haven't glimpsed your vision.
Though the texture now shows up properly after changing format, it crashed my game (Seasons). Unfortunately, I'm out of sim time for the day and don't have the time (and possibly not the skill) to track that down. The first question is what EP does it require? And if the answer is not BaseGame, then I have to wonder why not. Anyway, I have done all I can for at least today, and probably for several days. Good Luck!
You can find more of my creations at The Sorceress & Company
|12th Jul 2011, 06:20 PM||#3|
Question: what is the paintingsquarefruit_solidredmetal1 subset in the SHPE? I ask because there are no other references to it anywhere else that I could see.
Another question (lol): What are the joints? When you click preview in the GMDC there are joints listed. I usually clone Bella Squared for wall deco and there are no joints, so I have no idea if there are any paintings that have them. (I DO have an idea how they might have gotten in there though..I'll wait to see what your reply is.)
|12th Jul 2011, 09:31 PM||#4|
Thanks, bluetexasbonnie! I didn't know that might've caused the problem. And no, I didn't mean to have it float far from the wall, I just slapped it wherever to test if it appears in the game correctly at all. I was going to fix other stuff later.
Thank you too, mustluvcatz!
I've no idea what that subset is :/ I'll check that out. As for the joints, I first made the mesh into an accessory, saved it and then went on making it an object, forgetting to remove the bone assignments This was just a test version though, everything will be fixed before I call it done
Anyway, thank you both so much! I'm setting this to solved and going back to the drawing board!
|12th Jul 2011, 10:43 PM||#5|
That's what I was thinking about the joints. If there's going to be just one subset, it'll be real easy to fix this. I'd start with a new clone though- it's easier and you can reuse your GUID(s). If you need help, just holler, lol.
Oh yeah- you're welcome.