Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:10 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 15th Jul 2011 at 1:09 AM.
Default Flashing blue but okay in SimPE. No textures when recoloring.
I cloned the "Sim Crossing by Signature Signs" object but I want both the post and the sign recolorable. (It seems only the sign is recolorable in-game?)

I updated the texture to make sure the changes were recognized. The textures on my clone appear okay in SimPE but the object flashes blue in-game. I tried going through the checklist to the best of my ability, but no dice.

Also, when recoloring, SimPE sees the subsets in the subset selection window but doesn't pull any textures. Apparently, the textures aren't pulled when the original "Sim Crossing by Signature Signs" object is recolored with SimPE either. What gives? Did I bork something when I was trying to set the two mesh groups as recolorable subsets? Or is this perhaps one of the worst base objects to clone from?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 1:37 PM
hmmm, I downloaded the package and had a look - seems ok but when I tried running a scenegraph on it it crashed SimPE on scanning the MMAT. So that could be your problem. If you are a looking for a one tile two subset visible from hood view object to clone, try that armless lady statue from basegame and swap in the mesh and textures. Much easier than adding subsets. Unless you actually want to learn "all about subsets" ....

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 4:46 PM
Two things.

1) You have a tsMaterialsMeshName in the GMND which is not needed unless your referencing a mesh in another package. This isn't the issue though.

2) The name of the MMAT has a hypen and it should be an underscore. Changing this brought up both subsets when recoloring. [##0x1C050000!nosurfingsign_sign-sim]

Oh, and it does need a Fix Integrity else it crashes SimPE when using Scenegrapher as Lee mentioned.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 1:08 AM
Thank you both. The textures and recolors seem to work perfectly now.

Heh, I forgot about the lady statue. Well, at least I learned a little more about subsets. Plus, the sign is able to have the "Walk to..." actions associated with it.

Thanks again.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...