Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 3515 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:15 PM
Default Frustrated to no end....
This has gotten ridiculous!

I have un-installed and re-installed ALL of the Sims 3 discs.
No problems.
I patch the games.
No problems.
I install my custom content.
No problems.
I install my mods.
No problems.
I install Nraas mods.
No problems.

Every time I shut down my computer, the next time I start the Sims 3, I get 1/8 of the loading bar into any city - new or old - and the game restarts my computer.

I have gone as far as running the game totally vanilla. Same thing happens.

I am at the point of taking everything out to the local shooting range and letting the discs be used for skeet shooting - at least then, someone will be able to enjoy the game.

I had a head full of hair before Generations was released.

I now have no hair, and am getting an ulcer.....

Has anyone else had this problem? If so - what the HEY is going on here - I cannot figure it out.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:44 PM
I had something like this happen to me, it turned out that even though I thought I had patched the games, I was still one patch off. So maybe check the version again?

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:20 AM
Does it work without mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:53 AM
Nekocat: (beautiful Siamese, btw)
Well, the second time I re-istalled, I noticed that my Ambitions patch had changed, so I started keeping track. For the last 5 re-installs, the patch versions have remained the same at the following.
Version - 8.0.152.011001
Sims3 - 1.22.9.011.001
WA - 2.17.2.011031
HEL - 3.13.1.011031
AMB - 4.0.87.006001
FL - 5.8.1.011031
LN - 6.5.1.011031
ODL - 7.3.2.011031
GEN - 8.0.152.011001

James009:
I had thought that might be the problem, so I ran the game vanilla. I think I managed to get into Bridgeport 3 times before the game corrupted. I even went through the tortuous process of loading each mod individually and testing by going in, testing, saving and exiting. It seems that 2 - 3 startups are the norm before the game starts acting up. My computer restarts each time, and there are no error logs generated within the Sims3 folder.

I have also dumped all memory caches, ran Delphi's dashboard and eliminated all of the conflict mods (excepting NRaas Story Progression & Career Mods, which is normal)

Just had a brain-fart..... could it be that I need to disable the EA story progression before entering a city due to the NRaas mod? Wait - if so, that's a question for Twallan, and not this forum, and I owe an apology....
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:38 AM
The only difference I noticed in your patches is yours seems to be actually more up to date than mine, although I'm not having any problems as the base game patch and the patch for GEN are the same. Also, as far as I know, Twallan's SP deactivates EA's SP upon starting the game if you have it activated, at least that's what I've noticed... Couldn't hurt to go and ask him though.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:42 AM
Does this happen to you with other games also?
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:54 AM
Have you tried the Help Section? You may find some answers there.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ims_3_Game_Help
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameranutz2
Have you tried the Help Section? You may find some answers there.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ims_3_Game_Help

The Ambition patch is not up to date. Look here:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...elp:Patch_Table
Scholar
#9 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 2:23 AM
Honestly, it either sounds like Power Supply Overload, or a WIndows crash to me. You might want to check your Minidumps folder (C:\Windows\minidumps) to see if it has reported anything.

Also, Event Viewer will normally tell you why the computer restarted.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Instructor
#10 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 3:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsan123
This has gotten ridiculous!

I have un-installed and re-installed ALL of the Sims 3 discs.
No problems.
I patch the games.
No problems.
I install my custom content.
No problems.
I install my mods.
No problems.
I install Nraas mods.
No problems.

Every time I shut down my computer, the next time I start the Sims 3, I get 1/8 of the loading bar into any city - new or old - and the game restarts my computer.

I have gone as far as running the game totally vanilla. Same thing happens.

I am at the point of taking everything out to the local shooting range and letting the discs be used for skeet shooting - at least then, someone will be able to enjoy the game.

I had a head full of hair before Generations was released.

I now have no hair, and am getting an ulcer.....

Has anyone else had this problem? If so - what the HEY is going on here - I cannot figure it out.

I had this exact same problem when I got base game. Ended up being my power supply was over-heating. Make sure that it's dust bunny free and the fan works properly.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:05 PM
laceyharkness: I am 99.99999% certain that Twallan's Story Progression DOES disable the EA story Progression, but we all know how EA likes to do illogical things with this game.... I just figured they might do something silly like making it necessary to turn it off in order to use another's mod. When you eliminate the logical, you are left with the illogocal....

Baiaana: No, unfortunately, this is the only game.

cameranutz: I took a quick scan and did not see anything that looked like my issue. I plan on returning (when time permits) and doing a deeper scan.

DHNightshadow: Thank you! My payches are up-to-date now. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. Game did the same thing last night, so I shut it down, watched a movie instead. Figured I would try again later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:12 PM
severedsolo & AngelicScot:

First & foremost, I am going to clean out my computer of any illegally residing Dust Bunnies.

This almost rings a bell with me.

I used to have crashes before I upgraded my power supply and installed a Raedon 4850 Vid Card. Also running a true Dual Core Processer clocking in at just over 4 GHz processing, and am runnining the X-159 Theatre Surround system (Sound card is in the Woofer, taking all sound processing off my computer) I am also running 3 cooling fans for the processor, and a separate fan for the vid card.

Before I upgraded my Vid Card, I kept getting overheating issues with my old vid card, which would cause a CTD, and require a reboot in order to get the vid card to start working again.

I think I'll go find a corner to hit my head on if it's something as simple as a dust bunny collection.... I have not been able to get the game working since GEN came out.....

Can we say DOH!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:15 PM
And just for the record....

This is the first time I have every posted a question at MTS, and I have been a frequent visitor since Sims 2, although mainly for DLs & mods. (Best quality & talent is here)

I am amazed and grateful for all of the reposnses I have received, and I thank each and every person who has offered thier help. My other recourse was to un-install and find a new addiction......
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 9:20 PM
Hokay.....

After valiantly struggling against a deeply entrenched colony of dust bunnies (emerging dusty, but victorious), and also removing Jynx's rabbit hole rugs, as I could not find out if they were updated, I have been able to go into and exit from Sims 3 about 10 times now.

It seems that I MAY be ablke to play the Sims 3 for the first time in over a month. Gawds, I hope so.

With the help of all who responded, it seems that the problem may be fixed. Thank you all!
Instructor
#15 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:49 PM
Glad that you seem to have gotten the issue fixed.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!

Section jump