Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hopefully Kind of Realistic Eyes: Defaults & Contacts (updated)

by shadowwolf5889 Posted 17th Jul 2011 at 8:29 PM - Updated 18th Jul 2011 at 11:29 PM by shadowwolf5889 : Updated files/images.

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:03 PM
lovely (: <3 thank you xx
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:56 PM
The eyes are pretty, but I really love your sims also, each facial structure was very unique!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 1:26 AM
Lovely eyes. Do default come in all ages?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 6:24 AM
Beauitful eyes. It's great to see eyes with the pupil smaller than other contacts, they look more realistic. Thank you! (I hope you understand me, my english is really bad!)
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 10:09 AM
I really like the eyes and they would be my defaults but the whites of the eyes are a little bit too blue in game. they look really nice on lighter sims but on darker sims they look really blue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 1:14 PM
That picture where sim has purple lips looks AMAZING!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 2:53 PM
Georgous! Definitely a must-have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 3:38 PM Last edited by shadowwolf5889 : 18th Jul 2011 at 4:33 PM.
Thanks for the comments, guys ^^

I'm sorry if you don't like the color of the eye whites. I was looking at different versions of these eyes for so long that I got used to the color, I think, because it doesn't really bother me and I can't really see it too much (maybe my eyesight is off) x.x I can try to see if I can fix it sometime, but I'm not sure if I can get it right, since I couldn't catch the problem in the first place.

Quote: Originally posted by fuzzywuzzy39
Lovely eyes. Do default come in all ages?
Yes, the defaults come in all ages as well.

(edit) I've tried fixing the blue eye white issue and attached some example screens to this post... if you guys like this better, I can get these files uploaded for download. I'm not sure how successful I was, since I was bad at telling that there was an issue to begin with x.x If you think it the color still needs work, let me know how I can try to make it better. Thanks.
Screenshots
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 6:09 PM
When I saw these at first glance, my jaw dropped. I can't wait to try these out!
These might be an actually candidate for me to change my defaults eyes from Escand's to yours. which I never thought would happen... ever. either way your contacts are a definite must :lovestruc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FREEDOM_55
When I saw these at first glance, my jaw dropped. I can't wait to try these out!
These might be an actually candidate for me to change my defaults eyes from Escand's to yours. which I never thought would happen... ever. either way your contacts are a definite must :lovestruc
Thanks ^^ Hope you still like them once you try them out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 4:48 AM
I.m in love with your eyes and models ! But how can you have big eyelashes like that ? I'm a little bit curious !
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 6:28 AM
Can a vampire's eyes look normal with the contacts?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marillion
I.m in love with your eyes and models ! But how can you have big eyelashes like that ? I'm a little bit curious !
Thanks ^^ I use the NRaas MasterController to change the slider multiple, which I found out also changes the range of the eyelash slider. I'm not sure if other mods that change the range of sliders will do that, since it's been a long time since I used something other than MasterController.

Quote: Originally posted by kbr526
Can a vampire's eyes look normal with the contacts?
I don't think so. I think the only way a vampire can have normal eyes is by removing the vampire visual override with the NRaas DebugEnabler, but that also removes the glowing skin.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 8:19 PM
[QUOTE=shadowwolf5889]Thanks ^^ I use the NRaas MasterController to change the slider multiple, which I found out also changes the range of the eyelash slider. I'm not sure if other mods that change the range of sliders will do that, since it's been a long time since I used something other than MasterController.

Thanks a lot !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 11:44 PM
*jumps with excitement at the new color change* They're absolutely perfect now! THANKS SO MUCH!
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Ashleyyyy : 21st Jul 2011 at 5:33 AM.
When i download it and installed it bla bla bla (Im for sure i did it correctly) I still didnt find them in CAS But i love the eyes and could we get the link for the eyelash slider?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mcbipwah
*jumps with excitement at the new color change* They're absolutely perfect now! THANKS SO MUCH!
Thanks, glad they look better now ^^

Quote: Originally posted by Ashleyyyy
When i download it and installed it bla bla bla (Im for sure i did it correctly) I still didnt see results! But i love the eyes and could we get the link for the eyelash slider?
If it was the defaults, did you delete the cache? Sometimes defaults won't show up until you delete those (the files ending with "cache" found in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, or the equivalent on your computer). If you have a folder called WorldCache in there, you might need to delete the files in that folder as well.

As for the sliders... MasterController does a lot of other things, so you might want to read the first posts on the below links before you decide if you want it or not. The links I'm posting also are only for if your game is fully patched. If it's not, then you'll need to look around on that forum for the obsolete mods section to find a version for whatever patch you have.

But you'll need both the MasterController and the MC Integration mods. Well, you can do without the MC Integration mod, but any slider multiple changes you make won't work in CAS from the Edit Town screen; it'll only work by editing a pre-existing Sim in your town.

Once you install the mod, to change the slider multiple, click on a Sim/ground/anything, and choose NRaas > MasterController > Settings > Slider multiple. Then set the slider multiple to what number you want (I usually use 3).

Tbh, it'd probably be easier just to find a mod that just changes the slider ranges if that's all you want, but I don't keep up with mods, so I'm afraid I don't know of one that does only that.

*long post* Whew.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:56 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 4:40 AM
Lovely! Perfect for how my game looks, too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 2:26 PM
they're lookin gorgeous in game! thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:39 PM
THESE LOOK.. EPICCCCCCCCCCCCC!!! And thanks for those make up links I really wanted them!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 6:07 PM
Thanks for these, they're the first eye defaults I've used and they look great! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 10:57 PM
great work, how do you make the sims lashes so long?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 10:02 AM
What happened to the others like nameless blameless all those good ones
Page 1 of 2