Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beta Testers Wanted: Chaos Effect Emitter

by ChaosMageX Posted 29th Jul 2011 at 8:19 AM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 1:09 PM
WOW this is EPIC
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:37 PM
Glad to see you back Chaos
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:34 PM
pretty cool. will test and let you know outcome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 9:10 PM
when will you update others mods? Like PhoniX FoodeX and Chaos Carrier?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 4:04 AM
So this will work without AMB AND give me the AMB effects too? If so, how amazing, I've been missing out since I don't have the EP, but this will be great!
Inventor
#7 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 3:25 PM
This looks really cool! I'll check it out once I have time to actually play the game again. I just wanted to mention to get a complete and up to date list of effects codes, people can check out my No effects mod tool which includes the functionality to export the list to a text file. Or they can leave the tool open while the game runs, use the filter to find effects, and right click on an effect name to copy it to the clipboard and then paste it into input field for the effect in your tool. (That's what I did when trying tests in the Fog Emitter and it works quite well.)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 11:22 PM
are the effects recolorable?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 7:44 PM
Thank you so much!!!!! Most usable mod for non-Ambitions user builders!!!! Now we are able to make it snowy to rainy, from bubble effects to huge sharks!! Thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 8:48 AM
Im using this great thing for a while,and I noticed I need an uptade for this item. PLEASE MAKE IT SHIFTABLE!!!! Then you will make it to the top! Please... Im looking forward to your update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 5:23 PM
Some of the effects are only for one shot. Can you also add a loop option? It would be good also.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:19 PM
AWMIGAWSH--a fog emitter for non-AMB users!? Be still my beating heart! :lovestruc Chaos, you had me at the ChaosMod (which I sorely miss, btw ), but this brings my adorement of you to totally new heights! I only have the Base Game, and was envy green hearing all the great things about Amb--if this works in my game, I think I'll pass out, so it may take me a while to get back to you with feedback.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 4:56 PM
I tried this and it wouldn't even let me play for five minutes in Live Mode before my game crashed, so I took it out, and now my game is running like new again. So it doesn't work for Base Game only, at least not in my game. Stil a great idea, though! :lovestruc
Theorist
#14 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:28 PM
This is nice, but a loop option would make it 4x better. And shiftable.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 6:06 AM
I am a developer and I specialize in decoding stuff like this. GREAT TOOL!!! TO THE HEX EDITOR!!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 7:27 AM
This would be great, only it can't parse hexidecimal group names (only instances can be in hex). Also, what kind of image resource do I specify for texture overrides? I tried an IMAG and TextureCompositor (in that order) and neither worked.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 11:34 PM
Please update ChaosMod Painting for Pets!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 11:22 AM
I love this...but it's somehow too difficult for me to figure all the parameters.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:13 PM
I've get used of this. Excellent Mod. However this one crashed in 1.42. Hope you can update this. Thanks.