Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 2384 times.
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 3:07 PM
Default Matching Two Different CAStable Patterns
Is this possible at all? I've been busy at fixing the trashcans to make them CAStable. So far I've enabled the second channel, and have been attempting to match the pattern of the lid to the pattern of the barrel just so it will be overriden in-game. It turns out there's something in the game not allowing me to do this. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer about Water Reflections
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:44 PM
I don't play much so I don't remember this - but when a sim picks the lid up, does it change into a different object (an accessory)? That can be one cause of problems with changing appearance in play.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:20 PM Last edited by fway : 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:30 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
I don't play much so I don't remember this - but when a sim picks the lid up, does it change into a different object (an accessory)? That can be one cause of problems with changing appearance in play.

Actually the lids are all white now, and when a sim picks the lid up, the color changes back to the original color. Please note that the texture of the bin was a "custom" EA made recolor. Meaning that EA recolored the bottom, which may be causing the top to be white.

It also appears that when I change the color to something else the texture of the top goes black. A Preset EA trash bin ^
Screenshots

#4 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:24 PM
Just as I suspected, it looks like the lid disappears (maybe geostate?) then the lid that is attached to the sim's hand is an accessory, which is actually a seperate object.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Just as I suspected, it looks like the lid disappears (maybe geostate?) then the lid that is attached to the sim's hand is an accessory, which is actually a seperate object.

AHA! You're right. It's AccessoryTrashcanOutdoorLid. Why in the world would a trashcan need a separate accesssory?

#6 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:41 PM
That's how TS2 worked also - sims can't remove parts of objects and hold them, so the part vanishes and they get to hold something else
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 7:17 PM
Come to think of it, I do remember that. With that said, should I disable Pattern B in the barrel package, and enable it for the lid? Or what else?

#8 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:09 PM
Well you have a problem with that accessory lid. There is no way the player can select it to CAST it. I think you'll just have to explain "sorry, when the sim lifts the lid it goes black briefly" Other than that, leave it as it is.

Section jump