Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carson mansion

by Ouerbacker Posted 24th Jul 2011 at 8:42 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2012 at 5:17 AM by Ouerbacker

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 9:44 PM
WOW, this is beautiful! This is one of my favorite Victorians in real life and you did an excellent job recreating it. You Rule!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:17 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:23 PM
I love this, i loved it when i playtested it in your world, and i still love it now, it's just stunning! :lovestruc
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:47 PM
Looks beautiful! Great work! (:
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 12:01 AM
Amazing house. Great design and really well put together. You used the space very nicely.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 4:13 AM
Awesome job! I have seen this house in Eureka and it is spectacular.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 9:31 AM
Its a great (re)creation.So well built,with so many beautiful details and a delightful inside decoration. Your mansion is gorgeous. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:00 AM
Very beautiful home Love it!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:55 PM
You're amazing Ouerbacker! This is probably one of my favourite TS3 Victorians to date! (Of course, nothing tops the Goth's house )
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 6:13 PM
Very beautiful house!

Quote:
I thought it would be rather sad for a sim to sped over 400,000 simoleans and not get a garage .

Sometimes my Sims spend 500.000 on a house and don't get a garage
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:37 PM
This is an amazing looking house... such a great creative endeavor! Can I download it without Ambitions? I have all the rest of the expansion packs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krakatoa
This is an amazing looking house... such a great creative endeavor! Can I download it without Ambitions? I have all the rest of the expansion packs.

The answer is both a yes and a no. The house will install correcty but will lack a few items . The main item that will be missing is the tall thin widow that I used all over the exterior.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 2:53 PM
This is gorgeous - such an ambitious one to replicate and so well done! Needed to say thanks for this, and also - how on earth did you do the skylight? I love it and want to try it myself!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lifestooshortnotto
This is gorgeous - such an ambitious one to replicate and so well done! Needed to say thanks for this, and also - how on earth did you do the skylight? I love it and want to try it myself!

The skylight was made by simply removing the floor , placing the stream of consciousness fence around and over the hole , and bumping up the middle with Constrainfloorelevation false.

I'm glad to know that you like the house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 4:45 AM
This place is beautiful! How did you use the double high walls on the third floor. Its a wonderful trick... the only way this could have been pulled off... and you didn't it brilliantly! Looking forward to your hint!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsip
This place is beautiful! How did you use the double high walls on the third floor. Its a wonderful trick... the only way this could have been pulled off... and you didn't it brilliantly! Looking forward to your hint!

constrainfloorelevation false
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 7:17 PM
Awesome house! The carriage house is already bigger than most my sim-houses!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 9:45 PM
This is truly gorgeous. I personally don't mind the roof thing; it just makes it more interesting. Great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 9:01 PM
Amazing/Cool/Gorgeous/Awesome/Incredible/OMG!!!

<3 I think that this is the BEST and the COOLEST old-house I've ever seen in Sims 3 :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 10:57 PM
Absolutely amazing, that's really all I can say.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:48 AM
I've always loved the house, and I recognized it instantly. It's a beautiful recreation. Thank you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 9:22 AM Last edited by rimbaudian : 6th Jun 2012 at 10:01 AM.
After using this house for a few hours I have fallen in-love with it! I have a problem though; my sims cannot enter the studio in any way, the route gets blocked at the door, I tried to put in a new door with moveobjects on but that didn't work. I tried using a spiral staircaise but that won't work either. Any suggestions?

Would using the fixed roof version fix this?

Edit:

No using the fixed roof version didn't change anything, I wonder if this is because I'm missing an expansion pack?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rimbaudian
After using this house for a few hours I have fallen in-love with it! I have a problem though; my sims cannot enter the studio in any way, the route gets blocked at the door, I tried to put in a new door with moveobjects on but that didn't work. I tried using a spiral staircaise but that won't work either. Any suggestions?

Would using the fixed roof version fix this?

Edit:

No using the fixed roof version didn't change anything, I wonder if this is because I'm missing an expansion pack?

I'm pretty sure that your lack of Eps is not the problem . Instead , I believe your route failure was due to how I had some of the roof pieces situated. Just download the updated file, newcarson, and everything should work.

Hm, I need to come up with something to put here.
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:35 AM
This house is absolutely gorgeous! Probably the most beautiful recreation I have ever seen.
Thank you very much for your hard work, you've got a lot of talent. Keep the good job!
This will definitely be my legacy house. Thank you again for making me enjoy my game even more.

Kind regards from France
Page 1 of 2