Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 2:57 PM
Zucabr covered everything very well. Thanks.

As for the next version, I worked on it a bit more this weekend. Fixed some stuff, and worked with some animations. I'm trying to tighten up the existing core before I move on to new features.

It really depends on how much I work this week, and if I'm totally beat when I get home. Maybe this weekend if I have time, but it will only be a cleaner version of the current core. New added features are at least two weeks away.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zucabr
Random shot in the dark, what's your patch level? Have you patched to 1.3? (full version number 1.3.13) Also, where did you get your d3dx9_31.dll? Are other script mods (grim's autosave, Dynamic Professions Mod, edit in CAS) working? Are other core mods (Rick's debugenabler, older coremods of grim such as samesex preg, lockenabler) working?

EDIT: btw, when might the next version be? Just idly wondering, no rush.

It's fully patched, and I downloaded d3dx9_31.dll off a google search. I tried Grim's samesex preg mod which also didn't work. Outside of that I haven't tried any other script mods.
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 8:48 PM
Depending on where you downloaded d3dx9_31.dll it may be the problem. I know there is at least one that will cause the exact same problem you're experiancing. Please try the dll listed here How to mod you game for beginners.
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Depending on where you downloaded d3dx9_31.dll it may be the problem. I know there is at least one that will cause the exact same problem you're experiancing. Please try the dll listed here How to mod you game for beginners.

It's working now with using the d3dx9 from the how to mod things. Thank you!
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:18 AM
you should create for this a language versions polish and others some people will thank you for that
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 2:30 PM
Parts of the core are already set up for being multi-lingual, but there are several strings I hard coded while testing. Part of the cleanup I'm doing is placing these strings in the STBL where they should be.

Other than that I'd need people to do the translations. I speak a little of a few languages, but not enough to do a translation. If anyone would be interested in translating PM me.

If you're playing a foreign language version, I apologize for the missing text. Later I'll include a default English STBL for all languages. For now you can simply change the first two digits of the STBL's instance id in s3pe. For example the English id is 0x000B8F54EDDBD68A and Polish is 0x0F0B8F54EDDBD68A. Please look at Sims Locales for a list of locale codes.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:31 PM
Looks like a new update is needed for the new patch Grim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silksinstar
Looks like a new update is needed for the new patch Grim.

Already on it.
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:15 AM
i like

when you are dead, seek not your tomb on earth but seek it in hearts of men
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 4:14 PM
I must say... I love you :D
Seriously, everybody who keeps uploading cool stuff like this... You're all angels to me :D
Also, I can translate to Dutch if you wish...
Test Subject
#36 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 10:41 PM
So at the moment there isn't an updated version? The 2.0.113 patch is confusing me a bit because of the 113.
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:20 AM
Right now there are still some thigns I can't update with 2.0. I'm trying to figure it out, but it seems me 2.0 core will have all interaction injectors removed. The only things I may add for 2.0 are debug commands and my AutoSave which is now not in-game tunable because of the interactions.
Instructor
#38 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:31 AM
Well, if I can't have my mpreg, I'm not upgrading. Ever.
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Well, if I can't have my mpreg, I'm not upgrading. Ever.

That I can do, actually just tested a f/f preg. Only the "new interactions" aren't working, the rest I'll update this weekend.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 3:49 AM
Never mind. I just got an interaction to work. We're on! I should have us back this weekend.
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 5:07 AM
Updated for 2.0. Thanks for your patience.

This update dosen't add any of the new stuff I've talked about, but ensures that I'll now have time to mess with that stuff again.

So far, everything I've tested works, but please use a backup, and as always let me know of any issues you have.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 7:12 AM
Quick question about this: if I uncheck all of the pregnancy options does that do the same as Shimrod's No Pregnancy mod? In that my heroes can woohoo as much as they want and not get pregnant?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 2:59 PM
grimreefer:
Thank you for your update. Only yesterday I posted that I was hoping for it, but didn't expect it so soon. I'll test the mod right now and let you know if anything.
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunyKimberly
Quick question about this: if I uncheck all of the pregnancy options does that do the same as Shimrod's No Pregnancy mod? In that my heroes can woohoo as much as they want and not get pregnant?

Yes unchecking all pregnancy options should disable pregnancy. Poor man's birth control.
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
grimreefer:
Thank you for your update. Only yesterday I posted that I was hoping for it, but didn't expect it so soon. I'll test the mod right now and let you know if anything.

I'm glad I could get it going. I was worried for awhile. Thank's for giving it a shot.
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 1:39 AM
I found a part of the code in Retire From Profession that I missed adding to the new core, so I've updated the mod to fix it. I also added DEBUG commands and DEBUG interactions for sims for you to play with. The new mod also has most of the language strings added to the STBL, and I've included default English string for all languages. The strings I haven't copied yet are for Murder By... since I still am trying to make different types of murder for each profession.

Enjoy
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:45 PM
I haven't upgraded yet, I hope you have left the locks on the doors, I don't think they're obsolete. There are various situations where the locks work better than 'privacy routes' on the floor. Plus locks at the doors are more realistic.
Instructor
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 7:12 PM
If people still want door locking with 2.0 I'll be happy to update the individual mod, and add it back to the core. I just figured people would prefer the new EA routines.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 8:07 PM
How about adding an option similar to naked when woohooing and sleeping.. what about betting all clothes at the card table?

Right now you (or your opponent) go into the sleepwear robe which apparently you carry with you at all times.

Great stuff btw.
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 9:54 PM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 7th Aug 2011 at 10:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
How about adding an option similar to naked when woohooing and sleeping.. what about betting all clothes at the card table?

Right now you (or your opponent) go into the sleepwear robe which apparently you carry with you at all times.

Great stuff btw.

Hadn't noticed that, but I don't play the card table much. I'll look into it.

Edit: Nods: Granted!
It was very similar and easy to add. Expect it in the next update.
Page 2 of 31