Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 4:09 AM
Having a problem with the fix mood adding the sick and drunk buff to my sim. This would not fix my mood personally and I have a hard time believing it would fix theirs. Could there be a future fix for this bug?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:02 AM
Awesome mod, though does it work for the new version 2.0.113? It's a really nice mod, but if it prevents you from using others then it could probably use some work. But then again i dont really understand how it works so....
Instructor
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 2:01 PM
Tyber:
The DEBUG interactions are created by EA. I have only added code to allow you to use them. If anything sometimes I take these interactions and try to turn them into a full working feature. I'll take a look at it anyway because I really don't think sick or drunk would be a mood fix either. Perhaps it's EA's idea of a prank.

robgw3:
Yes there is a 2.0 version. The only other mods this prevents are other "core" mods, or those that overwrite the "optionsdialog" data table. I haven't seen many poeple work with LAYO files, so optionsdialog is probably safe. Since Sims 3 there could only be one core mod at a time, which is why I keep adding features to make it better. If I can make a feature pure core I probably will, like autosave, but most of these feature will never be able to be non-core.
Test Subject
#54 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Tyber:
The DEBUG interactions are created by EA. I have only added code to allow you to use them. If anything sometimes I take these interactions and try to turn them into a full working feature. I'll take a look at it anyway because I really don't think sick or drunk would be a mood fix either. Perhaps it's EA's idea of a prank.

robgw3:
Yes there is a 2.0 version. The only other mods this prevents are other "core" mods, or those that overwrite the "optionsdialog" data table. I haven't seen many poeple work with LAYO files, so optionsdialog is probably safe. Since Sims 3 there could only be one core mod at a time, which is why I keep adding features to make it better. If I can make a feature pure core I probably will, like autosave, but most of these feature will never be able to be non-core.

Yeah you have alot of features to it, i can currently remove bad things, like say the sickness from pregnancy, just by i think it's ctrl clicking on it, if thats what you mean by moods. But the one debug feature i want right now is the one that lets the BuyDebug console command work, i like placing down the plants or ore that my heros need rather than running all over the place to find what is needed.

The Debug Enabler was another mod in another thread but i dont think it was updated for the new version yet, and i think it was a core mod as well.
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 8:26 PM
Tyber:

Ok, I just wasn't sure if the debug command had an error and could be fixed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robgw3
Yeah you have alot of features to it, i can currently remove bad things, like say the sickness from pregnancy, just by i think it's ctrl clicking on it, if thats what you mean by moods. But the one debug feature i want right now is the one that lets the BuyDebug console command work, i like placing down the plants or ore that my heros need rather than running all over the place to find what is needed.

The Debug Enabler was another mod in another thread but i dont think it was updated for the new version yet, and i think it was a core mod as well.

I use Treeag's AutoBuyDebug, and it seems to work fine for me with 2.0.

DebugEnabler functionality is there in the DEBUG commands. You must have testingcheatsenabled for it to work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyber
Ok, I just wasn't sure if the debug command had an error and could be fixed.

It's a DEBUG interaction, but if you find a feature you would like implemented let me know. A lot of these interactions I can turn into regular interactions. Most of my interactions came from exploring these interactions, and rewriting them. That's the real reason I added them was so I could play with them.
Instructor
#58 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 7:46 AM
I love this! But could you put all the debug interactions under a Debug menu? It scares me and make it hard to go to normal interactions if the menu is cluttered with debug interactions.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
I love this! But could you put all the debug interactions under a Debug menu? It scares me and make it hard to go to normal interactions if the menu is cluttered with debug interactions.

I could, I actually tried a couple, but the amount of time it takes to add it to the IL code is crazy. That's why I made it so it could be disabled in the options menu. I really can't justify spending days, or maybe even weeks on it.
Instructor
#60 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 5:13 PM
Thanks for answering, because this mod is extremely necessary. Especially since it fixed the debug interactions.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 1:35 AM
I'm glad to have you aboard van Dorn. Just because I said I can't do this idea don't get discouraged. If I end up with time I'll probabaly work on it. I really like to hear your ideas, and if I can make them happen I will.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 5:29 PM
Well, first off: Thank you! I would have stopped playing the game long ago if it weren't for the folks like you who make it what it should be! You're awesome!
To the point- I haven't played since the patch, as my favorite thing to do is have my hero's have children, age them to adults and then height hack them shorter and modify their facial feature to resemble teens. It's freaking cool! Then I give the children the abilities of the hero parent, and voila! A real lil' spymistress or blacksmith or whatever. I also gave my Peteran priest the ability to gather herbs and make medicine, because it seemed appropriate. None of this is now possible as the new debug options (which are mind-blowing! Really neat, there's so many more!) only have "add all abilities". But, I don't want my little bard to be able to gather minerals and fight. (She's puny!) So I guess I'm wondering, did I just miss the option I'm looking for amongst all the new options, or is it possible to separate the abilities, like in HologramMans Dynamic Professions? Anyway, thanks again!

paysites suck.
Test Subject
#63 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 6:34 PM
are you will upgrade mod after version beta ?? or it's will be always beta
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 12:43 AM
azraelchan:
I don't think there's a DEBUG interaction that allows selection of skills, but from looking at the code it shoulnd't be too hard to implement. I'll see what I can do.

AlexanderFebo:
As long as I keep adding features parts of this mod will always be in a beta stage. Some parts however are very stable, and have been used by hundreds of people without a hitch. Rather than separate it, right now I consider it all beta. But really, would it make any difference if I didn't call it beta? I want people to be aware that this mod does muck about with EA code, and backups are a wonderful idea, so I use beta more as an attention grabber to the core's details.
Test Subject
#65 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 6:44 PM Last edited by DarcieE12 : 12th Aug 2011 at 9:00 PM.
I'm having some trouble with the mod and was wondering if anyone could help.

I'm pretty sure I did something wrong with the d3blah.dll file. I put it in what I thought was the proper place, Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin, and the mod seems to work, however there's still no Edit in CAS option when I click my Sim. I got the .dll from http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344 which was recommended to an above poster, but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. Any ideas as to what I might have done wrong? I have the Blue Eyes bug and it sucks to not be able to fix it. :/

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind, I found it!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 8:54 PM
Darcie, do you have any other debug options when you click your sims? There are lots! If you're not seeing any, you may need to enable the mod on the options screen. That's what messed me up at first. I was only able to do this from the main menu, before loading up any ambitions or kingdoms or anything. That might be it...I'm just a player, not a modder though. Good luck!

paysites suck.
Test Subject
#67 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 9:00 PM
Oh, you responded as I edited! Thanks for the help! I felt like an idiot when I found the debug option... D:
Test Subject
#68 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 1:57 AM
Grim, thank you for the mod, it is awesome. I have 2 small questions if you don't mind?

- Is there a debug option to abort a pregnancy?
- The options I choose in your options screen don't seem to save when I quit the game. I had male/male pregnancy on before quitting yesterday and then, by chance, I noticed today that none of the options were ticked. Is this normal?
Instructor
Original Poster
#69 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 3:13 AM
The options should save when you click the ok button. If it's not saving, perhaps your config.ini has a problem (currupt or read only). My options save ok, and I've not heard of others with this problem, so I suspect it's something with your individual options file. Perhaps all you need is to try again. Let me know if you can'tet it working.

Right now there's no abort option, but it may be possible. If I figure it out I'll add it.
Test Subject
#70 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 12:00 PM
Default Lost combat ability for Monarch
First I want to thank you for that mod. It makes the games much more interesting.

When I give all abilities to my monarch, I loose the abilities for combat. I was wondering if someone else had that problem and how to fix it. I have the game in French. Could it create a problem with this mod?

Thanx
Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 2:06 PM
I'm not sure why it's working that way for you. The code should set every ability to level 10. There's nothing about playing in French that could cause this. Probably just a strange bug.

This seems to be a popular interaction, so when I can I'll try to make a better version.

Thanks for downloading.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 3:20 PM
The options should save when you click the ok button. If it's not saving, perhaps your config.ini has a problem (currupt or read only). My options save ok, and I've not heard of others with this problem, so I suspect it's something with your individual options file. Perhaps all you need is to try again. Let me know if you can'tet it working.

Right now there's no abort option, but it may be possible. If I figure it out I'll add it.

The same "problem" is happending in my game: it does not save the configuration when quitting the game and each time I begin a game I have to check the options again. It is no big deal, but I see I'm not the only one. Oherwise, everything works perfectly.
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 12:31 AM
Do you use a PC or a Mac?

What version of the game are you running?

Also, are the options listed in your options.ini file?

I'm glad you enjoy the mod, and thank you for helping me test it. I hope with the right information I can get it saving for you.
Test Subject
#74 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 3:54 AM
Do you use a PC or a Mac?

What version of the game are you running?

Also, are the options listed in your options.ini file?

I'm glad you enjoy the mod, and thank you for helping me test it. I hope with the right information I can get it saving for you.

Using PC and v2 of the game which is the most recent patch I think.

The options are listed in options.ini but if I change anything, it doesn't appear to save on the first try.
Instructor
Original Poster
#75 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 11:06 PM
Added an update for the 2.0 version.

The update includes a couple of new options, but also hopefully contains a fix for people having a problem with the options not saving.

I have not been able to positivly recreate the problem, but this is my best guess, as it fixes another issue I had with saving. I ask anyone having issues with the options not saving to try this new version, and let me know if the issues persist. If they do, I have another idea, but I think this may be the answer.

The new additions add censor removal to the core as well as adding Naked Wager (Thanks kawaiipd for suggesting it.)

As always, let me know of any ideas you have or problems you come across.
Page 3 of 31