Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 72 (Who?), Viewed: 10535 times.
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:16 AM
Default Confessions of a CC Addict on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
No, I'm not really on the verge of a nervous breakdown but now that I have your attention I have a confession to make. When I woke up from my beauty sleep this morning I told myself that I would make some changes in my life and I did.

I deleted my 101 MB Default Replacement Clothing folder. The fabulous shirts, the jeans, the sexy underwear. All gone. It's back to fugly chic and EA defaults. I did it because I felt guilty for having a 101 MB subfolder in my Downloads folder, just sitting there collecting pixel dust. And that's just default replacement clothing. I'm not even counting the mods and build/buy items.

On the bright side, I still have H&M and I am thinking of getting more stuff packs for clothes (Teen Style Stuff does have adult clothing, right?) to fill this empty hole inside me. And my sims' closets.

If you have a confession to make, feel free to share. This is a safe space.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:19 AM
I have a confession... i abandon sim families after a real life day....
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia<3

Don't worry, I'm sure they won't hold it against you.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:56 AM Last edited by Simonut : 26th Jul 2011 at 3:43 AM. Reason: typo
My confession is ( I think or maybe this have happen to others as well ) from years of playing my Sims ( too much ) I think at one time or another that my mind did cross over into the "Twilight Zone. " Thinking my Sims really existed and their neighborhoods.

Had to "Slap" my face and wake up to the fact hey this is only a game not your relatives or neighbors. I Play the Sims so much that to me they was "Real" now how crazy is that ? You become very protected of your Sim game. That my confession of today ( Forgive Me Father Sim For I Have Sin ) hahaha

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#5 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:59 AM
My confession is when I had the sims 2 I had over 8,000 items of CC in my folder. Now that I play the sims 3 it isn't QUITE as bad lol.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Banned
DELETED POST
26th Jul 2011 at 2:33 AM
This message has been deleted by Extensa5420.
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:01 AM
I confess that I sometimes enjoy hanging out with my Sims (playing) more than my RL friends and family.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:15 AM
I confess that when I quit and the message pop-up asks "Are you sure?" I almost always answer: "No, but I'm going to."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:50 AM
I confess that while playing the sims by the time there toddlers I have there life planned out

and that I have had dreams where i'm a sim
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:07 AM
I confess for I often turn down outings with friends and family to spend time with my sims.
And I wonder why my cd mysteriously disappears a lot,
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:16 AM
i confess that i probably spend more time surfing the internet with sims-related stuff more than i actually play the game! lol it should be the opposite..

i love MTS :)

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
Instructor
#11 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:58 AM
I confess there was a time in my old game where I could recall what many townies/downtownies/dormies/npcs looked like -- Just by their clothes and full names. 0-0 It was then I took a long hiatus... definitely was playing too much back then ^^;
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:39 AM
I confess I torment sims for the shits and giggles.

Oh, me too moogloo.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:23 AM
Hm, I have only one confession to make, sometimes the game is played cruelly by me, and then I feel horribly guilty It's stupid, isn't it? After all, it's a game, and sims aren't real people. But when something bad happens to a sim, I feel guilty anyway. It doesn't feel like a real person died, but it feels somewhat as if I killed a kitten.

Last bad thing happened a few days ago, and I still can't get over it! Stupid. I guess my hood became designed to let bad things happen, because they all happen for story reasons. If that didn't happen, I'd be forced to assume that a particular sim had a lobotomy or something. She needed milk from cowplant, so she absolutely had to resurrect a sim who died in front of her as a zombie by Vivicus Zombie. And then she absolutely had to kill her . But I feel so guilty! I really liked that sim who got zombified and killed, she derserved to live on, at least as a zombie (besides, she was happy to become a zombie, to my surprise, her memory said "I'm ecstatic"). But a witch sim has no reason at all to resurrect her again, it would be out of character . So now I'm stuck feeling guilty, just because I can't find any means to resurrect her without ruining the hood story and characters.
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:39 PM
I confess that after so many years of having just under 500 mb of downloads, I've now got about 2.1 gigs of it!
That's just in my 'downloads' folder alone-not counting the floors, terrains, lots, and walls that are outside the downloads folder.
I should be ashamed of myself..but I'm not!
My sims have a huge CC problem: me!
Another confession: I can't leave well enough alone with new lots that I've downloaded from a site-if a lot appeals to me, I will completely remake it-tearing down entire floors and reworking it to please me. Sometimes it doesn't even look like the original after I get through with it. I feel guilty at undoing all the hard work of other creators-but the lots often play better with my changes.
Inventor
#15 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonut
You become very protected of your Sim game. That my confession of today ( Forgive Me Father Sim For I Have Sin ) hahaha
Shouldn't it be "Forgive Me Father For I Have Simmed"?

My confession would have to be that I spend so long either playing or sorting out my CC that sometimes it invades my sleep (yes, I dream about sims).

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2013 page
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selly_2009

The ex-Catholic in me is chortling merrily.

Quote:
My confession would have to be that I spend so long either playing or sorting out my CC that sometimes it invades my sleep (yes, I dream about sims).

Oh, thank God I'm not the only one. I had a long dream the other night wherein I was one of my current favorite Sims. It was way too freaky...

As far as CC confessions: I confess that I have almost 3 GB, just of stuff that I've made, not counting the stuff that other people made, and most of it is NOT large files like hair can be, since I don't do BodyShop stuff. It's not all always in my game, mind you, but I have it. Those of you who download my stuff should be very, VERY afraid.

So I'm taking another stab at documenting a neighborhood. This one stars Benjamin Long. Pathetic attempts at humor can be found here.
I caved and made myself a Simblr. Woe is me. But hey! There's already stuff there that isn't here at MTS. :)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:47 PM
I don't regard dreaming about sims as a problem, as we will all dream about the things we do repeatedly. I dream about mixed sim/human interactions and about things happening to sims I am not intensely involved with. For instance, a dormie I recruited into the frat to make numbers who performs secondary-character functions in the lives of two different sets of sims featured in one the other night, turning invisible and walking around as an empty suit of clothes. This seems to me normal and healthy.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM
Quote:

@ Selly 2009 your use of Simmed is funny lol, but I perfer to use the word "Sin" because there was a lot of days I did not go to services to save my soul from hell. ( lmao ) Because on those days I was just to busy playing my Sims instead. I guess this is another confession.

Inventor
#19 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:29 PM
@Simonut, fair enough - it was what you said that made me think of it; no offense was intended.

And yes, not going to services because you were too busy simming would be classed as another confession!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2013 page
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:41 PM
@ Octavia you think a day is bad lemme tell u something.

I only play the maxis hoods. Just this week i deleted, then reimported original backup hoods of all 6 at Least 5 times that day after about an hour each. I can't for the life of me get focused.

My confession is that even with the megahood I can't settle with playing. No matter what family I'm playing I want to be playing a different one for fear that I'll never get to try them out. Which is true enough I've never gotten to touch some of them and NONE of them have ever gotten past even one full generation before I restart.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#21 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote:
@Simonut, fair enough - it was what you said that made me think of it; no offense was intended.

And yes, not going to services because you were too busy simming would be classed as another confession!

@ Selly 2009 > Not to worry No offense at all, we are all here to share and have some kind of fun. I did laugh at the word you use Simmed it's funny

Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia<3

Me too, I don't know if it's my attention span or longing for a new shiny sim family to test out all my CC clothing and hair and skin and blahblah (the list goes on), but I am always making new families and abandoning my old ones.

... i've been doing this for like five (REAL) years.--that's my confession

poor abandoned sims... i wonder if when we're not playing them they have little "yahoo we're free" sim parties
0_o que twilight zone theme.
Scholar
#23 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:21 AM
Oh, I know what you mean about not being able to settle down in the game! I'm constantly changing the landscape, houses, etc-and not playing the game. Then I'll get tired of the hood, dump/save it for posterity and get another saved hood in, then repeat.
It gets tedious. I wonder if this is a form of ADHD? Never being able to actually focus on the game long enough to play it past one generation?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:11 AM
I do the same thing quite often. When I'm halfway done building one hood I end up getting bored and starting over.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#25 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:20 AM Last edited by Simonut : 27th Jul 2011 at 5:11 AM.
I do have one more "Confession" that I almost completely forgot about, hum, should I ? oh well I may as well say it since I am cleaning my Simmer soul in confessions.
When I first started playing Sims 2 ( in 2006 ) and enter the Pleasantview neighborhood, and check out all the households just to see who was in each lot.

When I went into "Don Lothario" lot for the first time I was so fascinated by his appearance, ( I love a male with facial hair very manly ) as time pass and I learn the in and out of the game. I made my Sims self so that I could be with Don Lothario in the game. I think it was during that period of time that I began to first cross over into the twightlight zone, of complete Sims craziness. lmao That It No More Confessions.

Page 1 of 3

Section jump