Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 3:13 PM
Default Has this bug been fixed? (OFB)
I have a question about an annoying bug that used to be present in OFB. It's not in the list of fixed changes via the patches, so I'm unsure whether patching the game fully has helped.

When you set uniforms for your employees, there's a chance that for the manager's face to eventually revert to a wrong default face. I thought my game was glitched until somebody told me that it's a known bug. So now I avoid setting the uniforms, although I really want to. But I've had it happen to me a few times that the employee faces reverted to different ones.

If you haven't encountered that bug, it happens only at your business. If the employee is playable, then her face will look like hers again when you play her lot.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 4:44 PM
I've not found a fix for it and it totally freaks me out so I don't use any uniforms at all. I would be interested in finding a fix for it as well.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:31 PM
> @Babahara: that also happened to me when i had a restaurant business where the father's face changed when he wore the chef clothes with the hat. is there a fix for this anywhere?
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 9:06 PM
Omgosh, this bug is pretty much the one thing that forever bothers me about the game, because of my obsession with OFB. I love making businesses but it sucks that we can't top it off with appropriate uniforms.

Few years ago I first noticed this bug, I thought it was just me, so I reinstalled the whole game just for it to still have it. I later found out its a known bug that was never officially fixed. I even contacted EA support about this stating this is a known problem by a bunch of other players. And his response? Reinstall the game. Even though I had stated in the ticket I sent. >_>

I have a theory on when this happens as I recently noticed this. I think the problem occurs if you have more than one sim with the same age group that have uniforms. I had a restaurant just starting out with my elder as the owner/cook/host and she hired her teenage daughter as the waitress. Both had uniforms and they worked fine. After a restaurant gained more levels, I had to hire a host and she was an elder as well. When I assigned uniforms for her, the host now has that problem :/. The first time I saw this problem is in Landgraab's club with the female employee. So both sims were adults too. But again, this is just my theory..

I don't think there are fixes for it yet, but its something I'd really hope for.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 9:37 PM
Ugh! There doesn't seem to be a fix anywhere. I'm just starting to love OFB too!

We should seriously spam Maxis' email inbox with demands for this to be fixed :p
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Babahara : 28th Jul 2011 at 3:22 PM.
One thing I'd love to clarify is: does it only happen to sims that you set as managers? In my case it only happened to managers, but I'm not sure if that was not a coincidence. Maybe you can at least set uniforms for other sims, uniforms add so much to the game.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the thread at MATY about it, the uniform problem is not limited to managers.

So I wonder what can be done to get a fix for this, especially now that TS3 is out and developers don't care for TS2.