Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 2837 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 6:21 AM
Default Suspenders as an accesories
i want to make a suspenders as an accesories but i don't know where to start since i'm still new on using milkshape
Can someone help me?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 11:50 AM
Well, there are two ways of doing this.

You could mesh the suspenders, complete with morphs etc., but they would sill inevitably clip on some clothing and float on other clothing. Or, you could do them as a "skintight" accessory like the gloves, which would be painted on top of the clothing (you'd need to edit the part mask to get them to show up on to of the clothing), which would fit all clothing but would look weird on some oddly shaped outfits.

If you want to do the former, follow any clothes meshing tutorial - the process is the same, you just end up with a different-shaped mesh. For the latter, follow any clothes texturing tutorial -someone else will have to explain the part mask step, because I don't remember how it works.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 3:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider
Well, there are two ways of doing this.

You could mesh the suspenders, complete with morphs etc., but they would sill inevitably clip on some clothing and float on other clothing. Or, you could do them as a "skintight" accessory like the gloves, which would be painted on top of the clothing (you'd need to edit the part mask to get them to show up on to of the clothing), which would fit all clothing but would look weird on some oddly shaped outfits.

If you want to do the former, follow any clothes meshing tutorial - the process is the same, you just end up with a different-shaped mesh. For the latter, follow any clothes texturing tutorial -someone else will have to explain the part mask step, because I don't remember how it works.

Thanks
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:55 AM
Can you upload them when you're done?? I've been looking everywhere, im doing a victorian town and t-shirts just aren't fashion lol

Section jump