Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Counter Dummies: Mock kitchen, island and commercial counters.

by Honeywell Posted 5th Aug 2011 at 8:50 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2011 at 8:02 PM by Honeywell

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 9:28 PM
What a neat idea! Thank you.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 10:22 PM
You're welcome. I only hope the person who came up with the solution stops by so I can give them credit!

It was nice of you to take a minute to comment--I appreciate it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:30 PM
I think this could turn out to be incredibly useful--thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:32 PM
This is so wonderful and just what I needed! I have been in the exact same predicament as who you mentioned who inspired this, where I had wanted the decra chill station to be adjoining with the counter just like in your photo! And then I quickly realized that wasn't going to be possible. Now thanks to you I can finally have my little cafe with the display located just like that! THANK YOU so much, you are really awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 12:37 AM
I can see this being very useful, especially in smaller kitchens. Thank you so much
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:18 AM
yay - this has always bugged me. Also nice to see an upload from you - I was missing ya :p
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:54 AM
Thanks for commenting, guys. These took longer than I thought they would since I didn't count on my sims actually wanting to use them as counters so it's nice to hear some people will get some use out of these besides me! I love using them in the bathroom because I can hang the toilet paper on counter--is that weird? lol

@ lee Thank you, I'm happy to have some free time again for the sims! Especially since other people were expecting these and a mixer. But I have time tonight and this weekend (knock on wood) to finish the mixer. Now maybe I'll stop feeling guilty.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 3:23 AM
Oh WOW! I was just building a sweet little tea shop/day spa/night spot last night and was having trouble with the counters; which lead me to come up with this very same idea! And... here it is! Yay! Yay! Oh, yay!

If I hadn't already made all the business signs, etc... I'd rename it The Honeywell. Maybe I'll have to build a another place?

Thank you soooooooo much!
*shrugs*
#10 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:26 AM
Very cool and useful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 9:57 AM Last edited by user826 : 6th Aug 2011 at 10:11 AM.
I was the guy who started the thread asking about how to do this and I stopped by today to check to see if there was any progress. The thread was gone, but thankfully I'd written down your user name! If not, I'd still be waiting. Thanks for delivering on this! I'm going to test it out right now!

EDIT: I got an error saying "Slot number out of range" when I try to place a green dummy. Am I doing something wrong?
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by user826
I was the guy who started the thread asking about how to do this and I stopped by today to check to see if there was any progress. The thread was gone, but thankfully I'd written down your user name! If not, I'd still be waiting. Thanks for delivering on this! I'm going to test it out right now!

EDIT: I got an error saying "Slot number out of range" when I try to place a green dummy. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm so glad you saw these! I went back to your thread to let you know there would be a delay getting to these but it was gone, and I didn't write down your name.

Anyway, long story short, I just uploaded a new set of counters that shouldn't throw the error codes you were seeing. You didn't do anything wrong, I just forgot to run these in debug mode so I didn't see the problem (I'm assuming) you had with them. It should be fixed now, I hope.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 6:32 PM
*gives Honeywell a big, sloppy kiss* I love you forever for this. And for the spiffy spa. But I can love you forever for two (or more) things, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 9:52 PM
It works! Thank you! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 4:46 PM
Just --- Totally Friggin' Amazing! Thank You!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 9:00 PM
This is fantastic! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 7:11 AM
Marvellous idea, thanks for sharing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 5:11 AM
This is a fantastic idea. However, I can't seem to figure out how it works, exactly
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by countemonetwothree
This is a fantastic idea. However, I can't seem to figure out how it works, exactly
You use them like you would any other counter...I'm not sure how else to explain it. The only thing you have to me mindful of is which direction the arrow is facing when you place them--it should be the same direction as your regular counters. I hope that helps, if not, describe how you're trying to use them and maybe I can give step by step instructions.

Good luck and thank you (and everyone else!) for the feedback.
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 11:13 AM
In case you're interested, I found the original thread in my subscribed threads list.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=442023

It's 'Ghost sdoj' who deserves the credit for suggesting the floor token solution.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by user826
In case you're interested, I found the original thread in my subscribed threads list.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=442023

It's 'Ghost sdoj' who deserves the credit for suggesting the floor token solution.
Thanks so much, user I definitely want to give her credit. It's weird, I looked for your thread by searching for my posts and it still doesn't show up that way but I'm glad you found it.
Gone Fishin'
#22 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 4:52 PM
How did I miss this before?! This is brilliant! Finally I can have corner counters where I think there should be corner counters (like in your image #6), even if the game doesn't agree. THANK YOU!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:38 AM
These are amazing! Just what I've been wanting. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 6:21 PM
Thank you so much for this. This works perfect for the small eatery I am making and I was having trouble trying to piece the lunch counter with the the idea I had in my head lol. This works great. Thanks.
Constant Contestant
#25 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:52 PM
I've just found these, Honeywell, they look really useful, thank you.
Page 1 of 2