Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 2:58 AM
Default The day that was ruined by a meteor
So your playing your game and then a meteor hits.

Whats your most annoying meteor strike?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:45 AM
When my Sim eats outside the bistro, then the meteor come. His wife found dead, and he got singed. Then, 4 days later, he ate at the bistro again, and the meteor COMES AGAIN. Now, he's dead.

Hey there! :)
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 1:48 PM
I have yet to experience a meteor and it's pissing me off
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:58 PM
Well, the one and only time I decided 'yeah lets try a legacy!' and my founder was outside stargazing waiting for his date to come round (he'd just made enough money from star gazing to buy a double bed *nudge, nudge, wink, wink!*) and boom ................... Dead. Game over! It was a biggun too! The meteor, not the bed ...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
When my Sim eats outside the bistro, then the meteor come. His wife found dead, and he got singed. Then, 4 days later, he ate at the bistro again, and the meteor COMES AGAIN. Now, he's dead.

hahaha... He followed his wife.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:45 PM
I've only had one major Meteor strike that annoyed me. I was playing in Twinbrook when my rather large family all ran outside to look at the sky when the meteor hit. No one died, but several fires started on the lot and half the adults got singed from it. It was insane.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:49 PM
My sim found some rare seeds at the graveyard in Twinbrook. He was finally able to plant one of them.. It grows quite slowly, so it takes a while to grow. One morning he is late for school, so I send his mother out to tend to his garden. She hadn't watered 2 plants before I get the notification that a meteor is going to hit. The damn thing lands right in the middle of the garden and kills everything.

One cool thing that happened was, their maid whipped out her fire extinguisher and put out 90% of the fires like a BAMF before the firefighters could even get there. When they finally did show up, she had it under control. I imagine she went "No, no, I got this, guys. Go on home and play dollies."
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:12 PM
My Sim was having a nice house party in the backyard, whith a lot of people there having a ball. Suddenly this one guy looks through the telescope and a huge shadow pops up. So my Sim is smart and runs to another house at the other side of the road. What do all the guests do? They huddle up in the giant shadow, screaming that a meteor's going to hit...
Then a whole bunch of random townies run into the backyard, screaming as well, and pointing to the meteor.
CRASH BANG!!! All the Sims are dead, except for my Sim, who was smart enough to actually get *away* from the impact site. He got some money from insurance too! It did ruin all his perfect plants, though.
Silly screaming Sims...

This space intentionally left blank...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:55 PM
I've yet to get a meteor. I wish there were a way to trigger one, because that would work extremely well when I'm feeling sadistic/want to get rid of sim-blockages outside rabbit holes.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:15 PM
There happened to be one meteor, and it only killed one Sim. The burglar. Of course, the Grim Reaper thought that the burglar deserved to live, so nobody died.

I was pissed.
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:33 PM
I had a meteor hit the theater while my sims were taking a tour. I made them gtfo to the park across the street, but the ten or so townies that gathered around to point at the sky weren't so lucky. It wasn't really anyone I cared about, so meh. Natural selection. I was more pissed that I couldn't get to the biggest space rock, because it's "inside" the theater.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:56 PM
So, I have this thing about gardens. I want mine as awesome as can be. I finally managed to do that, with it all landscaped and just freaking lovely.

Little Miss Garden sat on her bench.
Along came a flamingballofrock, which hit Little Miss Garden,
And burned all of Little Miss Garden's plants away.

:shakes fist:
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:04 AM
I have still yet had the encounter mind
Forum Resident
#14 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:17 AM

Am I the only one reminded of Final Destination?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:30 AM
I don't think I've had a meteor yet
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:34 AM
When I only had Ambitions + Base Game installed (I got Deluxe) I had a meteor just about every day. It was extremely annoying because I actually wanted my sims to live and they'd be going to the supermarket and get struck by a meteor. One time it was the first day someone moved into a house and she got killed. The only good thing was if my sim actually survived they could sell the meteor rock. But when I finally installed another ep, the effect died down. Phew!

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Instructor
#17 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:47 AM
I've only had one meteor so far.. Well, that I know of.
It was at the pool, luckily it only destroyed the loungers and singed a few of my sims which I sort of.. un-singed eventually.

Yet, for some reason, I keep seeing singed sims all over my 'hood! It's quite annoying and strange.. I haven't seen anymore meteors or any other meteor rocks apart from the one I saw at the pool.. Strange.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
I've yet to get a meteor. I wish there were a way to trigger one, because that would work extremely well when I'm feeling sadistic/want to get rid of sim-blockages outside rabbit holes.

I think you can use either Twallan's debug enabler or master controller(I don't remember) to start a meteor attack. You just click the ground where you want it to hit and it's somewhere in the menus... I've only done it once, so. :/

Am I an awful person for wanting a meteor to hit in the middle of a wedding? Beat THAT, Alanis Morisette.

Eat some sand, make a pearl.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:13 AM
I never had one, but I like to see one in the game, just hope no sims I like dies lol
Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:21 AM
I have played since 2009 sims 3 and never have a meteor hit a sim . I never get any in buildings either guess it just random.
Scholar
#21 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
hahaha... He followed his wife.

Yeah, I think so too....

Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Am I the only one reminded of Final Destination?

Yes, maybe. But your words gave me inspiration to make a story for my blog. If I have will for making it (cause 4 legacy blogs of mine is always end when the founder is an adult), I will tell it in my signature....

Hey there! :)
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:17 PM
Had one hit my school had 3 of my toons in there 2 kids and there grandmother one of the kids died the other 2 were just burned but about 10-15 of my towns kids and adults died we saw alot of ghosts that day. The saw the ghost of so-and-so just want on and on.
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
Am I an awful person for wanting a meteor to hit in the middle of a wedding? Beat THAT, Alanis Morisette.

I had a meteor kill the bride during the wedding vows. The rest of the family was controllable so I moved them away, but the bride would not move. Dead bride.
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 11:59 PM
my teen sim was recently in detention at school then all the sudden "Echo is wondering why it suddenly got dark" I was like "o.o wth?" so I clicked over to the school, she comes running out and then BAM! meteor... I was like "O.O HOLY HELL!" and she got burned... had to go to work like that cause she was already running late because of detention (don't even know why she got detention! she was once scolded by her mother for like no reason at all o.o)
Forum Resident
#25 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 1:06 AM
Yes, maybe. But your words gave me inspiration to make a story for my blog. If I have will for making it (cause 4 legacy blogs of mine is always end when the founder is an adult), I will tell it in my signature....

Haha, glad to hear I've inspired you. Do keep us posted.
Page 1 of 2