Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 3634 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:06 PM
Default Constrainfloorelevation-roofs doesn't work...
Hi,

Lately I have had some issues creating custom roofs with the classical constrainfloor-cheat.

As you can see on the picture, I would simply have to release the mouse button to flatten the ground, and the upper wall should raise making a spiky shape.
However, when I release it, the wall remains unaffected. It doesn't follow the main rule of the constrainfloor-cheat.

Now is there anyone with Late Night who have had the same experience?

It's a extremely frustrating not being able to make the design I want. Google gives me nothing.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:24 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:37 PM.
I have been struggling alot with this. Leveling from different angles does the trick, from inside, outside, sometimes demolish a wall to have the effect on both sides. It can be a real pain in the ***. Very much so when I have a complicated structure and do not want to level from the other side!

In this picture you do it from ground level, and then you probably run into a different set of obstacles. Have you tried putting down tiles?
minion of moderating
staff: moderator
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 8:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Builder
Hi,

Lately I have had some issues creating custom roofs with the classical constrainfloor-cheat.

As you can see on the picture, I would simply have to release the mouse button to flatten the ground, and the upper wall should raise making a spiky shape.
However, when I release it, the wall remains unaffected. It doesn't follow the main rule of the constrainfloor-cheat.

Now is there anyone with Late Night who have had the same experience?

It's a extremely frustrating not being able to make the design I want. Google gives me nothing.

I'm not surprised that releasing that level terrain tool there isn't giving you the effect you desire. When you level the ground what happens is all the levels above it "snap" to the default height they don't actually raise height based on their previous height. To get the spikey roof you're looking for you'd have to build a section of raised ground nearby and level the top floor from there across to your roof to raise it higher.

That would be how I would achieve the effect I think you're striving for.

Hope that helps, if it's unclear please ask and I'll try and re-clarify it for you!

"Freedom is just chaos, with better lighting"
"He's turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he's miserable and depressed."

My Humble Simblr of Bizarre Buildings
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:47 PM
Ok, I get it. Too bad the old Sims 2 methods aren't preserved... Made things quite easy back then.
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:04 AM
Thanks Tee Hee Hee, I always get so confused by this!

I think because building in Sims 2 is so similar to Sims 3, it makes it harder to remember what works in which.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:42 AM
I have been building in this game too long. So difficult to know, and with all the patches too.

Section jump