Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:19 PM
Digital Picture Frames in The Sims 3
Umm, how do you use them? I took screenshots, video footage on the camera the sims can buy and via the game but how do you get pictures to actually show up on those digital photo frames...I am talking about the red frames in desk & wall format that are in the game (not sure which game pack they came with though)

I wanted to search the forum here but the search kept throwing back problems...

Ta for any help,
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:30 PM
They can only show pictures your sim has taken on a camera, I'm not sure if it'll work for painted/drawn pictures too, but it needs to be a picture your sim has taken, then go into their inventory and drag the picture(s) to the digital frame.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:35 PM
That's great but how do they take pictures? I haven't seen a camera in the sims game so far or am I missing something? Also how do you change or view the ceilings? I tried to do that last night and there is no button like the sims 2 had and the camera angle doesn't even seem to view/see the ceiling so how does that work?
Ta,
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:56 PM
Camera's come with the World Adventures expansion, like I said, I have no idea if you can add paintings to the digital frames, so if you don't have WA you could always try that.
And there is no button to view the ceiling, however you can easily zoom inside a room and use the wheel on your mouse, press it down and move it so you can see the ceiling, either that or go inside a room and press TAB, then move around with your mouse so you can easily view the ceiling.

EDIT: I just remembered, I'm positive taking pictures with the camera on your sims cell phone came with the base game, so you could do that and then add those pictures to the digital frame.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:21 PM
can't remember seeing cameras will have a good look later, will try the phone idea too. I am sure I was doing as you suggested with the zooming thing for the ceilings but it just wouldn't let me see them at all! Will have another go and report back later.

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:08 PM
I tried the camera on the phone (forgot about that, duh) and put a picture up on the digital frame so at least I know that works, can't find a proper camera though only the video cameras. I managed to repaint a ceiling but only just, there needs to be something that lets you see the ceilings properly as it is darn tricky to get it just right.
Thanks for the help,
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Instructor
#7 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:12 PM
You have to buy the cameras in Egypt or by using the "BuyDebug" cheat - type "buydebug on" and then in buy mode there will be a section with a ? symbol. You can also sometimes find them in the consignment shop if you have Ambitions.

For ceilings to show up, I'm pretty sure there has to be a floor laid down on the floor above. So in build mode, go to the second floor and put down floor tiles. Then when you're playing you can look up and see the ceiling.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:16 PM
All three camera types can be purchased in Egypt, from the general store register. I think the disposable kind can also be found at the other two locations.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:28 PM
To use BuyDebug, you must have the "testingcheats enabled" first. The cameras are in the miscellaneous section of the "?".

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.