Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 12:43 PM
Default The "Extensa Quit Deleting Your Threads" Thread
WHAR ARE MY OPINIONS IN THE DEBATE ROOM? I don't know why you a prone to deleting threads you start, but it is incredibly annoying. You're acting like The Man, man. You have three deleted threads on the front page of The Debate Room alone. Extensa, you are a cool person and all, but this is getting silly. I made this public to not only draw attention to the grievance I have, but also in the hopes that an admin might have the ability to restore said threads. They were interesting debates.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:06 PM
Maybe he has ocd or believes strongly that a topic should be deleted once resolved. I wonder what the moderaters would think if someone who had copied the topics to notepad just in case took the liberty to restore them with a recount of who said what.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Maybe he has ocd or believes strongly that a topic should be deleted once resolved.

Well, they are in the wrong -- the Internet is for EVIDENCE. How will I be able to blackmail any of you if I have no record of all the ridiculous things you've said?
And even more importantly, how will I ever be able to keep track of my own opinions when I am asked?

What will I paste into my autobiography?

One S, two As.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:57 PM
I think it's none of our business why somebody deletes a thread.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 2:28 PM Last edited by unalisaa : 9th Aug 2011 at 2:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I think it's none of our business why somebody deletes a thread.

I strongly disagree. Once you put something on the Internet, it's public, and especially in cases like threads, other people have contributed time and effort to make it what it is. It's like lending someone tools and a foundation, and then demolishing their house.

Not to imply that Extensa causes homelessness or misery, but you know what I mean.

One S, two As.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:31 PM
But then someone sees that this thread is obviously pointless or didn't develop the way it was supposed to be developed he or she may consider removing it. I also removed some of my threads because they were either stupid or old.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
But then someone sees that this thread is obviously pointless or didn't develop the way it was supposed to be developed he or she may consider removing it. I also removed some of my threads because they were either stupid or old.

Some people like to have that reminder telling them that they are now older and wiser than back then.
Retired
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:44 PM
"Than"! *sob*

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:47 PM
Ok. Corrected "then".
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 6:02 PM
The Debate Room has been set so that thread starters can no longer delete threads - it's fine if the OP no longer wants to participate in a debate but removing the thread entirely when other people are having a conversation is not good. I have set the Debate Room permissions so that the OP can no longer delete threads (staff, of course, still can) and restored several threads that should not have been deleted.

Locking this thread, as it would've been nicer to PM staff to let us know rather than calling someone out like this. In any case, it's been sorted - if you notice an older thread that was deleted and shouldn't have been, please PM me - I skimmed back several pages but may have missed something.
Locked thread