Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 12:51 AM
Default Update Problems
The Sims: Medieval, will, not, update.

I've recently got my copy of The Sims: Medieval and already had to reinstall it twice (once for a magic mirror that killed my screen and once for a magic blacksmith that killed my computer) but now the game is working (can I get a hell yeah?).

Now there is problem 2, I open the Medieval Launcher and it tells me "there is a game update available!" but when it's actually downloading it gets to 99% and then the download speed suddenly drops to "13.5/sec" which seems to be secret code for "yeah, this isn't working".

I might want to point out that I am updating straight from the Limited Edition Disc Game condition so I'm going from 1.0<something> straight to 2.0. Also I have tried to manually download the update from the only source I could find only to have a waiting time of "76 Days" appear to tell me that that isn't going to work either.

Help? Please?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 11:44 AM
After some further investigation, I've realized that the problem may be with my internet connection... since I'm using a Pay-As-You-Go 3 Dongle, I can't understand why I didn't come to this realization sooner. Would it be possible for one of you to manually download the patches and place them on Mediafire in a .rar or .zip file for myself and other users with similar issues?

I don't fully understand why I can't download one of the 141MB updates but I can download a 245MB file in half an hour but I guess I just can't.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 7:34 PM
It isn't possible for you to download the manual patches from one of these two places?
http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims...dieval/patches/
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/sims_medieval.php#20113

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 8:25 PM Last edited by RustyR660 : 14th Aug 2011 at 9:21 PM. Reason: Update
I already checked out simprograms, it's like the first place I went (launcher not counting) but it failed miserably though. Didn't think to check P-S and it all seems to be going well on the first download. I should be able to say if it's worked or not in about 10 minutes if my browser isn't lying to me again, thanks Shimrod.

Edit:
Been longer than 10 minutes, I got carried away fixing the kingdom's crappy, rundown buildings and rubbish dance culture with Shimrod's mods...

In any case, downloads work just like downloads should from the Patches-Scrolls link, I'm glad somebody had the common sense to compress the patches before uploading. So if your tormented by a horrible internet connect, a horrible computer, or you just like being awkward follow the Patches-Scrolls links provided by Shimrod and just announce him as a prophet at your local chapel in thanks.

Thanks again Shimrod.