Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Constant Temperature for All Sims

by Mootilda Posted 16th Aug 2011 at 6:08 AM - Updated 20th Aug 2011 at 12:19 AM by Mootilda : Link for SimWardrobe Seasons fixes

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
#2 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:18 PM
This is great, Mootilda! The temperature system they added with Seasons is the "feature" I hate most about the entire game. I look forward to sending my sims outside again and it'll be a pleasure to let the kids jump on beds and build snowmen without having them taken away by the social worker. I truly can't thank you enough.

But since you've uploaded this does that mean you don't need the supernaturals playtested?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:34 PM
Thank you! This one goes in ~ and Pes' goes out. I like that yours stops any chance of freezing/combusting. Right?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 16th Aug 2011 at 6:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
But since you've uploaded this does that mean you don't need the supernaturals playtested?
That's right. I completed the testing yesterday. Sorry that I forgot to mention it; I got busy on the other mod. I've deleted the testing thread.

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Thank you! This one goes in ~ and Pes' goes out. I like that yours stops any chance of freezing/combusting. Right?
In all of my playtesting, I've never had a sim freeze or combust, or even show discomfort at their temperature. They will sometimes have their thermometers turn red or blue temporarily, but the system soon kicks in and resets their thermometer to green.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 3:44 PM
thanks i have been wanting something like this for a long time.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 4:26 PM
first the weather now the sim temperature you're on a roll aren't you?

now to let my kids jump on beds forever.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 4:36 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 16th Aug 2011 at 4:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
first the weather now the sim temperature you're on a roll aren't you?
These are both mods that I've been using in my own game for some time now. I just didn't know that anyone else would want them. People always seems to say that Seasons is the best EP because of the weather stuff.

So, you can thank Babahara and Honeywell for telling me that other people were interested in my mods.

Besides, I've been lusting over that "Warp Core Engineer" achievement.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 5:52 PM
You're simply the best, Mootilda! :lovestruc Finally my Sim kids can have snowball fights for as long as they (and I) would like and my fitness enthusiast Sims can work out with impunity without me having to watch that danged temperature meter like a hawk. Hooray!

And that little Warp Core Engineer is quite cute, isn't he?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 6:40 PM
great mod! I still like the seasons effect, but this one is actually able to 'repair' some of the CAS screens I downloaded, where Sims would freeze to death because of the Seasons effect (I know, you can use AGS to create new CAS Screens, but not if you want to use objects from this Expansion pack... ), so I'm definitely gonna use it!
- question: any chance, that there could be a 'lot-specific' mod? One that, for example, only works if you place an object on the lot or so ?(yeah, it's the CAS Screen thing again... )
Site Helper
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 6:46 PM
A lot-specific mod would be much harder to make. This one uses a super-easy brute-force method that might not translate well to an object mod.

However, it would be fairly simple to make a new version of this mod. This version keeps sims in the comfort range. I could also make a version which allows sims to become cold or hot, but never very cold or very hot. Would that be interesting?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 7:20 PM
OoOoOoh, definitely tempting... okay, you got me interested!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 9:13 PM
ConstrainedSimTemperature is now available. It will allow your sims to become cold or hot, but should not allow them to get so cold or hot that they go into distress.

Install only one version of this mod. If you have multiple mods which change the Warmth Caps BCON, the one which loads last will take precedence.
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 11:51 PM
I love Seasons and I love the weather.. so I'll be keeping the weather. But this? THIS I'm definitely going to use. Thanks Mootilda! Now I've just got to decide which one I want.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:29 AM
Love this I was getting sick of my children getting taken away for simply jumping on a bed! It's annoying how sims2 works. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 2:14 PM
love the mod!!! That´s just what I´ve been hoping for since I´ve had Season. This temperature thing is the most irritating matter in the hole game.
I love you, I love you, I love you!!!(as Mr. Darcy said to Miss Elisabeth Bennet in the Hollywood version of Pride and Prejudice):-)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 3:09 PM
This is so great. I always thought these temperture changes& we babysitting our sims constantly was anoying addition. Thanks for sharing a great mod.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 11:30 PM
Great idea - just snagged the Constrained Temperature hack. Just a question though, will this make sims reset (i.e. be standing by their bed if they were sleeping when you last saved)?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
Just a question though, will this make sims reset (i.e. be standing by their bed if they were sleeping when you last saved)?
As far as I can tell, it won't make sims reset.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:50 AM
Wonderful! Can they still get sunburn with this hack, I actually like when they get burnt!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plicka
Wonderful! Can they still get sunburn with this hack, I actually like when they get burnt!
No, I think not. I believe that sunburn requires their temperature to get into the "very hot" range. Even the constrained mod will not allow that.

It might make sense to make one more version of this mod, which allows sims to get very hot or very cold, but not to the point of immanent death. That version would allow sunburn, but would also allow your children to be taken away. There would not be too much benefit to that version, except for preventing death.

There is no way, using the technique employed by this mod, to allow sunburn and yet not allow your children to be taken. However, I believe that there are other mods available for that. You could check in the WCIF forum.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 11:02 AM
Thank you, I didn't think it would allow it but thank you for confirming!
Theorist
#22 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
ConstrainedSimTemperature is now available. It will allow your sims to become cold or hot, but should not allow them to get so cold or hot that they go into distress.

Install only one version of this mod. If you have multiple mods which change the Warmth Caps BCON, the one which loads last will take precedence.
Thanks for the second version, Mootilda. I haven't decided which to use but it was really nice of you to give us more options! Thanks again.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
There is no way, using the technique employed by this mod, to allow sunburn and yet not allow your children to be taken. However, I believe that there are other mods available for that. You could check in the WCIF forum.
I found that social worker mod at Paladin's Place under Sims 2 / Fixes / Seasons Fixes. It's called "No Social Worker For Hot Or Cold". He also has a mod for "No Random Bursting Into Flames". I haven't looked at his mods yet, so I can't tell whether they conflict with mine, but they might do if you want even less restrictions on sims' temperatures:
http://www.simwardrobe.com/
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 2:41 AM
You really don't like the seasons expansion, do you?

It's a CHALLENGE to keep your sims at the right temperature, which makes it fun.

I admit, taking your children away for that is stupid, but I have that mod, and it's awesome. The spontaneous combustion was weird to, glad I got that fix too

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 2:34 AM
I love you. The seasons EP is awesome but going from freezing to burning up in five seconds? Come on! I could never get my sims to stay at a constant temperature, even inside.
Page 1 of 2