Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
One of my friends who I haven't seen/talked to in like a year requested for our sims to "date". Awkward.

Don't worry, if my sim needs to date it's gonna have to be with a bunch of strangers, talk about loose......

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:30 AM
I'm looking forward for some new updates, this game has lots of potential. But I'm scared that once they add a lot of updates, it'll start to lag a lot.

And I also hope they fix the whole energy thing. I keep running out after like 5 minutes.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
how are you doing quests and what not without having friends. You'll need at least 4 people outside of the game to do ANYTHING. =/

I don't know? It's just random sims asking me to do things. The tasks were things like "pick 2 strawberries" "write some lyrics". etc. They weren't any friends or any sims that I had even met before. After a while, most of the tasks started requiring things you had to ask friends for, so I stopped playing, lol.
Instructor
#29 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 8:12 AM
Ugh, I wish there was a way to restart! I was accepting invites from friends on my first play (before I had made my Sim). And by clicking on the accept invites, I also directly clicked on "Play game!", now the Sim looks like a grandma... Which is hilarious, until you realize you're stuck with it. FOREVER...

This space intentionally left blank...
Instructor
#30 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:21 AM
Well it's kind of fun if you're playing it AND chatting with other players. Feels way more social that way. I suggest everyone should go to #social when they play The Sims Social, so we can all get sociable. Online.
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
Ugh, I wish there was a way to restart! I was accepting invites from friends on my first play (before I had made my Sim). And by clicking on the accept invites, I also directly clicked on "Play game!", now the Sim looks like a grandma... Which is hilarious, until you realize you're stuck with it. FOREVER...

you should be able to click on your sim and click change clothes, unless you have to pay for that too XD
Theorist
#32 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 3:58 PM
Well, I don't play any FB games and when EA announced it... I was thinking about it. However, since my FB is family only, I've decided to stick to my guns and not play ANY FB games. I'm sure some family members who actively play FB games will be on it. Funny thing, I'm a huge gamer and the rest of my family don't get it but they will play FB games... strange.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#33 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 4:33 PM
As far as Facebook games go it's pretty entertaining. So far it's only the second game I've played on there that hasn't bored me after five minutes.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 4:38 PM
^True. But the downside of any FB game is that you need friends for EVERYTHING. Sometimes I'd like to build a strip club and I'd appreciate not everyone knowing about it!
Who am I kidding, it's Sims, of course I love it!
Site Helper
#35 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 4:45 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Aug 2011 at 8:38 PM. Reason: Fix typo
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
And I also hope they fix the whole energy thing. I keep running out after like 5 minutes.
That's not a bug; that's a feature. EA is doing this to make money. If you want to play longer, you need to buy energy.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
That's not a bug; that a feature. EA is doing this to make money. If you want to play longer, you need to buy energy.

I figured. Darn.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 7:27 PM
Or you can just wait for your energy to replenish itself. Sure, it takes longer, but at least that's free

Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Again, Facebook. LOL

*Shrugs*

Nyeh, each to their own, amirite? I quite like Facebook, though I have no life so that could well explain it
Scholar
#38 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 8:03 PM
My biggest complaints so far, are that you can't seem to send multiple requests and that the "weeds" that your Sim clears are so much better looking than the landscaping items. *pouts*
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 8:59 PM
Don't play it if you're forever alone like me. You actually need peeps to play the game. Back to Sims 3 where I canplay by myself. LOL
Mad Poster
#40 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
That's not a bug; that's a feature. EA is doing this to make money. If you want to play longer, you need to buy energy.

Either that or they don't want us to spend too much time playing computer games.

Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Don't play it if you're forever alone like me. You actually need peeps to play the game. Back to Sims 3 where I canplay by myself. LOL

Preety soon there will probably be a group for peeps to meet peeps just for the Sims3.
Site Helper
#41 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Either that or they don't want us to spend too much time playing computer games.
Believe me, EA wants you to play. Especially if you have to keep paying real money for energy.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 11:46 PM
I tried it for a total of 10 mins. I then realized that to really do anything you have to invite people to play. I refuse to do that. Because every time a person sends me a request to Farmville or some other FB game, I secretly cuss them out while hitting the ignore all requests from this person button. Lol. So I'm not aggravating family members or friends with that. Plus I think I'm one of the only people I personally know that play the Sims. So I'll just go back to playing Sims 3 where I'm not annoying everyone I know. =D
Inventor
#43 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jessica x gore
I tried it for a total of 10 mins. I then realized that to really do anything you have to invite people to play. I refuse to do that. Because every time a person sends me a request to Farmville or some other FB game, I secretly cuss them out while hitting the ignore all requests from this person button. Lol. So I'm not aggravating family members or friends with that. Plus I think I'm one of the only people I personally know that play the Sims. So I'll just go back to playing Sims 3 where I'm not annoying everyone I know. =D

All one needs to do is ignore all requests for farmville and then block farmville. You don't have to block your friend!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
All one needs to do is ignore all requests for farmville and then block farmville. You don't have to block your friend!

Well half of those people also send me requests to every freaking game available on FB so I just blocked them from sending me requests. Lol. I've also blocked all the games.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 1:14 AM
STUPID STUPID STUPID FUCKING CONSTANT OMG HIT A SNAG REFRESH BYE BYE PROGRESS SDLKFHJGHDF RAAAAAUUUGHHHHH

...I may be a little irritated with Sims Social right now
Scholar
#46 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 1:41 AM
reload, reload, reload, reload, now it's a real facebook game!
Scholar
#47 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 3:17 AM
I've been getting requests from friends for this for a while and just got into it tonite. Typical social game. Gather up all your friends and beg...and beg some more...and some more. I gave up the "Villes on FB because of the damn begging all the time. Got annoying pretty quick.

Kinda boring if ya ask me. Nothing to do but visit your friends and hang out. Hell the pets game that company hosts at least has somewhere for the pets to go other than a neighbors house. Which is kinda silly, when was the last time your dog went to the mall for a new outfit?

I'll play it for a while then I'm sure I'll end up blocking it before long. I have 1 FB game I've played for a while and that will probably be the only one not blocked in the end.
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 2:10 PM
I've enjoyed playing but have run out of things to do waiting for friends to give me things, even though I've given them stuff- grrrrrrrrrrrr and I refuse to pay.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 2:29 PM
I loled when i saw the announce for this game ...
Hope this aint the future for the sims, i like the online idee tho.
Never used facebook and i never will, got enough forums and pages to maintain as it is.

Sorry for the bad comment, i do like the online idee (its a potential gold mine for future sim releases), just think this is bad way of doing it.

Wots next "The Sims - Super Social Twitter Edition"
Mad Poster
#50 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 2:49 PM Last edited by tree4me : 20th Aug 2011 at 3:30 AM. Reason: Since when has want had an apostrophe? -__-
I'm rather disappointed in the game, frankly. Not because of game play or anything, but the fact that I've got so many damned requests to respond to that I can't respond to because of the constant RPC errors.

That, and it's actually quite boring and laggy. Sure, it's a nice idea; but it could've been executed better. If I want to play a Sims game, I think I'll stay with TS3 for now.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Page 2 of 3