Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 3:46 PM
Wow! From what I've read, the game sounds very empty and boring. You have to pay for the energy bar to be filled, or wait for real time to pass for it to fill up for free? Your only neighbor is Bella Goth? You need to be invited/invite friends to play with, so your Sims won't be lonely? The game lags constantly, and you must pay REAL money out of your pocket for more/better content?

Sounds like an typical sca -- I mean -- Facebook/EA game! Makes me feel glad that I don't have a Facebook account! Even if I had one, I don't think I'll play Sims Social, let alone have over a hundred "friends" to play with. What's next, Mass Effect Social?! Saving the galaxy with friends -- in laggy 2D!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 7:26 PM
The game is okay for what it is. Better than a lot of other FB games. And there's sure to be more features included over time.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 10:34 PM
Fortunately I had a better experience with the game today. It ran very smoothly, and again, I was able to play for a long time without running out of energy. Eventually I did, but I still have tons of "task" to do for random sims :P. Just in case anyone doesn't know, you get 1 free energy per friend you visit per day, and you get a bonus 5 energy whenever you visit a friend for the very first time ! The game is starting to grow on me, but I'm not a fan of having to ask your friends constantly for things - though, I was expecting it. It's facebook, it's what every game does.

My biggest complain is that I left the game, came back about 10 minutes later, and my sims needs were all on red. I don't understand why that would happen since auto play is on. If anyone knows how to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated !
Forum Resident
#54 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 7:30 PM
What I find annoying is how I end up getting like 15 requests for the game. And then when I finally get on the game to accept them (sometimes the game doesn't even load up the requests so you got to keep trying), when I hit accept, sometimes it says there was an error and I cannot accept it. So then the person who requested is gonna think I declined or ignored them.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:07 AM
I keep on getting an error where I invite my friend and he invites me but we hit accept and nothing ever happens.

/uninstalls app.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#56 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:27 AM
Sending gifts, requesting items and accepting anything is very glitched.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Scholar
#57 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 4:29 AM
It seems to be working much better today. Gifts are still very glitchy but the game itself is running smoothly. I'm having quite a bit of fun with it; I just never seem to have enough simoleans.
Scholar
#58 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 6:06 AM
I've tried it, and so far I like it quite a bit. Obviously not the Sims, but it has a bit of a sims 2 feel that I kind of like. I'll sadly have to play alone, which takes a whole bunch of the fun out of it, but I have lame FB friends who don't like game! Imagine that! *is just slightly obsessed with video games*
Forum Resident
#59 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:19 PM
This is probably the only sims game that I've played without cheats.. How refreshing.

I've got a few friends that play it on FB, so it's all right for the moment.

Go suck an elf...
Theorist
#60 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 3:00 PM
I'm having some fun with it, really. It's very frustrating with the necessary requirements for the collectables and how easily they run out [and how hard it is to get them back] I often think I'm doing something very wrong.. especially since my friends are all higher levels than me!!
I'll admit, the energy stuff is very annoying, but it *is* a Facebook game, they have to add Real-Time elements into some things, otherwise it wouldn't work.

ETA: I've only just found out that you can repeat activities on skill items to get more monies. I feel like a right Llama! Still, it's not exactly brilliant if you run out of Energy, but I *did* just get a bunch of Muses, even though they're not helping me to build that double bed (Love and Plans, I think) or Grill (Flamehead and Goodwill)

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 11:01 PM
Oh dear. I seem to have gotten addicted to it . It's fun!
Test Subject
#62 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bl00raspbery
Oh dear. I seem to have gotten addicted to it . It's fun!

Me too, even with the annoying glitches, I just can't stop playing aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhh
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 4:59 PM
I've actually quite enjoyed it. Like some others have said I refuse to pay for anything. The energy recharges 1 point every 5 mins and sometimes I've used the energy limit to stop myself playing too long... only to find I keep collecting the stuff so play much longer than intended.

I also refuse to bother friends who are not playing the game with any posts to do with it (I set privacy settings to a friend group who are all playing whenever I post game updates). To begin with it was difficult with only one other friend playing (as I must have discovered it on the first day it was on open Beta) however some of my other friends discovered it on their own and now it's much easier and I'm finding it fun to keep sending them what they need and getting what I need from them.

There have been some glitches, one of my friends is getting far more than me, but generally it plays well and is addictive.

The last couple of months I've not played TS3 because the loading time means I feel I've got to be ready to settle down to a long session of playing to make it worth waiting. I love the game, just haven't had time. With Sims Social I can dip in quickly and of course then end up playing for ages anyway and suddenly realising I've lost the morning to playing LOL.

Rosie
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 2:53 AM
First tutorial (as far as I know) How to stack and merge http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=2553664 Now I'm off to do some redecorating
Page 3 of 3