Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 12:31 AM
Aang tattoo solutions
I'm very new to the modding and creating anything (some say I have not a single creative bone in the body), but I want to make a sim to look like Aang from Avatar, Last Airbender. Unfortunately, those small numbers of sims-Aang-look-a-likes either do not have tattoo, or have tattoo just on the face. I read a bit of tutorials and found two ways to solve a problem.
1) to make arrows as tattoos and attempt to use mods to make them full body
2) to make a skin overlay, like I've seen in some alien sims, and just draw tattoos on the body

Question..... How do you make overlay? I saw tutorial on skin, but not on overlay.
Question 2.... did someone already did something similar and are willing to share result? Just so I would spare everyone the horror of dealing with complete noob.....
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 1:47 PM
I think you mean an accessory that overlays a texture on the sim - like the gloves, which can overlay the whole body. Here's a tutorial on texturing that uses a body tattoo as an example: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ew_Base_Texture

For your purpose, making a custom skin is also a possibility.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:37 PM
Could you manage to create the tattoos?

Quote: Originally posted by bagira_shadow
I'm very new to the modding and creating anything (some say I have not a single creative bone in the body), but I want to make a sim to look like Aang from Avatar, Last Airbender. Unfortunately, those small numbers of sims-Aang-look-a-likes either do not have tattoo, or have tattoo just on the face. I read a bit of tutorials and found two ways to solve a problem.
1) to make arrows as tattoos and attempt to use mods to make them full body
2) to make a skin overlay, like I've seen in some alien sims, and just draw tattoos on the body

Question..... How do you make overlay? I saw tutorial on skin, but not on overlay.
Question 2.... did someone already did something similar and are willing to share result? Just so I would spare everyone the horror of dealing with complete noob.....