Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 11:19 AM
Default What is the TM hairline supposed to look like?
>.< Someone please help me with this... I’ve been trying to convert a hair from adult female to adult male. It’s all done except that the teen male version has weird problems around the hairline; it’s as if the teen male scalp is mapped in a different way from the adult one.

There was a gap in front of the ear, and the neck and scalp textures didn’t line up properly, even though they were fine for the Adult-Elder age groups. So I checked some EA TM hairs with scalp and face textures:

Same result :/ The area around the ear is distorted. I took out all my CC, but it didn’t make any difference. Please could someone tell me: is the teen male hairline supposed to look like that?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:02 PM
Both teen and adult male scalps are uvmapped bad arround the ear and there is indeed a diffrence between the 2.....
You might want to edit the teen scalp lods and make a replacement identical to the adult?

Had a quick look at them and updated lod0 and lod1 from the teen, see if this fixes it.
They are identical as the adult now(arround the ear that is )
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  bloom_tmScalp_UVmapfix.7z (11.1 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 2:56 PM
Wow. What have you given me?... It's two UV maps and I need to apply them to the TM scalp? Right, I'm off to learn about UV mapping, then Thanks, Bloom!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 6:13 PM
No, its the 2 teen scalp meshes with fixed uvmaps(lod0 and lod1)
Its a default replacement, put it in your packages folder.

When i checked the teen and adult i was already halfway.
So i extracted the adult uvmap and used it to update the very high and high detail teen scalp meshes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:57 PM
Ah, I get it... OK, I've tried it out now and it hasn't done anything :/ The TM scalp looks exactly the same as it did before.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 11:07 PM
I dont have your file to check but ill go check some exisitng hairs to see if the file does anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:58 PM
Any luck?