Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 19 (Who?), Viewed: 12587 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:03 PM
Default My Sim can't get pregnant anymore. Help?
Hi!

My Sim can't get pregnant anymore and it's driving me crazy!
She's happily married, she has 14 kids already (triplets etc), both (her and husband) have the 'have a baby' wish.. But they have been trying to get pregnant like.. 15 times a day and there's no lullaby!

Does anyone know what the problem may be? Is my Sim broken or something?

I'm sorry to bother you guys, but I did search a lot around the inet but nothing helped me.

Thanks,
Deborah
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:12 PM
How many sims are currently living on the lot?
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:18 PM
If you have over 7 or I think 8 sims in one household you may not be able to have any more children... but wouldn't it stop you from having the 'Try for a baby' option? Perhaps it is a glitch or your sim has had too many children, but I'm not sure it is that.

Why not try adopting?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:27 PM
Well, I have 4 sims currently living on the lot, because I just adopted a baby.

I get the 'Try for a baby' and all that.. I've tried everywhere (Dif beds, showers, mummy's things..)!

I sure know they've been having lots of fun, but no baby! It's sad cuz my sim has tons of skills and just thinking on remaking her just makes me wanna quit! :s
#5 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:28 PM
Also, if the female sim is fairly close to aging to elder, she won't be able to have a baby.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:45 PM
Hmm, well pointed. I'll check that as soon as I get ingame again. But I'm pretty sure I've set the aging to the longest.. Dunno if it has been that long! :o
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 8:32 PM
NO! She is that old already! Is there anything I can do?
#8 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 8:34 PM
Get her to eat some life fruit or ambrosia.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 8:39 PM
Ah! That's right! I haven't been playing a lot lately, I forget about those things! I was thinking 'Why no elixir anymore?!' Eheh!

I'll see what I can do. Thanks a lot for the help! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 8:46 PM
Damnit! I'm so sorry, I feel like I'm being a pain in the ass..
But it seems like she's not old! The aging was off and she's still a young-adult, so is her husband. It says 0(zero) on the 'days till aging' thingy.

I'm so confused!
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 9:32 PM
Try aging them up to adult if they're broke it may fix the problem, O.o but you would want to save in a different spot.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 9:44 PM
Well, I had somewhat similar problem lately: getting a sim pregnant required ridiculous amount of tries (5 a day for a week) and lullaby didn't play even when TFB was actually successful. The game was in Bridgeport and I used Twallan's SP and Woohooer with more or less default settings.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Keoidee : 31st Aug 2011 at 12:40 PM.
Sorry, Twallan's SP and Whoohooer?

And by the way.. Aren't butlers fixed already? I thought by now they'd have it fixed.. I wanted to reset her, but I don't know her last name. I know Bertram last name is Plunkett, does anyone know Lana's last name?

And another question, does anyone know how do I get rid of the 'Fertility Treatment' Lifetime Aspiration Reward? I'm a bit tired of twins and triplets all the time..

Thanks.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
31st Aug 2011 at 1:57 PM
This message has been deleted by simsample. Reason: No Bumping
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 8:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoidee
Hi!

My Sim can't get pregnant anymore and it's driving me crazy!
She's happily married, she has 14 kids already (triplets etc), both (her and husband) have the 'have a baby' wish.. But they have been trying to get pregnant like.. 15 times a day and there's no lullaby!

Does anyone know what the problem may be? Is my Sim broken or something?

I'm sorry to bother you guys, but I did search a lot around the inet but nothing helped me.

Thanks,
Deborah
It's topics like this i'm glad we're talking about The Sims.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 9:58 AM
Quote:

Those are two mods I use that are in one way or the other affecting woohoo, TFB and pregnancy. Since you don't use them and still have a similar issue they're probably not at fault.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 10:23 AM
Quote:
Custom game modifications made by Twallan. The SP means Story Progression.
Quote:
I wanted to reset her, but I don't know her last name. I know Bertram last name is Plunkett, does anyone know Lana's last name?
Are you talking about the sim you mentioned in your original post? You want to reset the sim you're trying to get pregnant but don't know her last name? I'm confused, why can't you play her household to find that out? Or are you talking about someone else?
Quote:
And another question, does anyone know how do I get rid of the 'Fertility Treatment' Lifetime Aspiration Reward? I'm a bit tired of twins and triplets all the time.
As far as I know there is no ingame way to remove lifetime rewards. Twallan's MasterController has an option to remove them, but that is custom content.

My Sims 3 stories blog - *NEW* Heather Legacy
My Sims 3 CC blog || My MTS page
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:06 PM
el_fiel, thanks for your reply!

The sim I want to reset is the butler. I know two butlers in my game so far, one is called Bertram Plunkett (male) and the other one Lana (female). When my sims moved to a new house, I tried getting a butler and they said Lana was going there, but she never showed up and since her last name doesn't show.. I can't reset the sim. I was wondering if anyone know's Butler's Lana last name.

And thanks for the Twallan's hint.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:14 PM
Quote:
el_fiel, thanks for your reply!

The sim I want to reset is the butler. I know two butlers in my game so far, one is called Bertram Plunkett (male) and the other one Lana (female). When my sims moved to a new house, I tried getting a butler and they said Lana was going there, but she never showed up and since her last name doesn't show.. I can't reset the sim. I was wondering if anyone know's Butler's Lana last name.

Twallan's MasterController mod allows you to reset sims through their pie menus (Nraas->Master Controller->Advanced->reset sim, on the sim you want to reset.) among other things. Very useful for situations like this. IIRC Pescado's AwesomeMod has a similar feature, but I didn't use AM dor ages, so I'm not sure where exactly it is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 4:39 PM
Where can I find Twallan's Master Controller Mod? Can someone link me to it?
I'm feeling such a Sims 3 noob with all this mods..!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 6:06 PM Last edited by ac220 : 7th Sep 2011 at 6:51 PM.
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php

And specifically MasterController:

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....5856#entry15856

Mods are installed differently compared to more common types of CC, so you may want to read .package install guide here. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

Section jump