Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 11:34 PM
Default Morphmaker problem
I am making an 'Asymmetry' slider for TS3. I have all the simgeoms completed. I am able to produce a BGEO for the left and right side of the slider (bidirectional) for one age and gender at a time, and have it work in-game. However, I am not finding success in making the slider work for all ages and genders simultaneously. I do not want to produce 10 different sliders for the same facial feature. I want to have a single slider that works for all ages/genders. Can somebody please enlighten me?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:03 AM
What's going wrong, when trying to add morphs for all ages/genders? I assume you're using the method in this tutorial - so where are you getting stuck?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:10 AM
I don't understand at what point I am supposed add the morphs for additional ages and genders. When I attempt to import them all together and create a BGEO, I get a "too many vertices" error. Also I am unsure where the 'facial blending' fits into it, since I did not use that at all for the single-age-gender slider.

Originally, I made an adult male bidirectional slider. I imported the am-morph for the left end, and created the left BGEO, then did the same thing for the right. Next I created a project combining the two BGEOs: left and right. It worked for the adult male.

The tutorial in question seems to indicate that 'I might want to include more than one age and gender' but doesn't really say how to do so.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:16 AM
The tutorial also says that doing so involves creating just the one BGEO. So, I would assume that you add the morphs for all ages and genders for, e.g., the left slider, to the MorphMaker program at once, then create the BGEO like you normally would. Then do the same for the right slider, and then add the BGEOs to the project as you are doing currently.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:28 AM
That was my assumption as well, but when I do that, I get the error "too many vertices", and the BGEO will not complete.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 2:31 AM
WhiteRider is right - you should be able to simply load all the ages/genders into MorphMaker at once, click the Slider button, and create your BGEO. (I really need to update my tutorial since the screenshot is for a very old version of MorphMaker. Sigh.)

What are you trying to do with this slider? I assume you're modifying the face meshes. Did you renumber the meshes or add a new mesh group or anything like that? The message 'The span of vertex numbers (lowest number to highest number) is too great. Please renumber your morph and try again.' usually means there's a big gap in the vertex numbers in your mesh. If you're getting a different 'too many vertices' message, you're probably using an old version of MorphMaker.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 4:05 AM
Okay, I got it working by leaving out the teen female morphs. There must be something wrong with them. Thanks for the help!