Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

#1 Richie Close (Base Game, No CC)

by lewjen Posted 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:51 PM

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 5:08 PM
Nice little house. Just had two minor issues with it.

1) Not a lot of counter space in the kitchen. (Not that big of a deal, just a personal preference.)

2) I assume that overhang is for a carport/driveway for those who have Nightlife and want to put one in. It's too narrow. The whole carport is six spaces wide, but with the columns there to support it, there's only four spaces of usable space. Driveways are five spaces wide. They won't fit in there. Plus, if you want the added feature of actually seeing the car pull out of the driveway and drive off, the driveway can't be that close to the right edge of the lot (as you're looking at it from the front). It's becoming a bit of a pet peeve of mine, and a problem with many home designers. Even though it is a base game lot, if you are going to put something in that LOOKS like it might be a driveway, then you need to accommodate those who might want to make it one. That means it needs to be wide enough, long enough, and not be so close to the right side of the lot (the far LEFT of the lot is a much better option). But that's enough about that.

The rest of the house looks lovely. Good job. I look forward to seeing the rest of the series.
Typical
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 5:29 PM
Richelt - ack, I just typed out a long reply to your post, but IE crashed, so sorry if my reply is too short, insincere, or impolite - I can't be bothered to re-type my reply.
Regarding kitchen counter space - this isn't a problem in my game, as I can only really ever see myself having one sim cook at a time. Sorry if this is a problem for you or anyone else.
And about the carport issue, I started building this lot a looong time ago - well before I even started uploading CrumbleTop Lane lots, and when I came back to it, realised I had built the carport like that, but I was too far into the build to do anything about it - and certainly to rebuilt the lot.
But anyways, your points have been noted, and certainly put into practice in future lots.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:00 AM
I tend to put a bunch of appliances in my kitchens (at least a dishwasher, trash compactor, food processor, and microwave), which would mean I would need to add two more counters to the ones you have there. And normally I would just do that, but I don't thing the kitchen is big enough to fit that. But, whatever. It's my personal preference, so don't take it too much to heart. Sorry if it came off as crass.
Typical
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:50 AM
Pff, absolutely no problem Richelt! Your points have been duly noted. And no, your post didn't come across as 'crass'.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 8:09 AM
Simply fantastic ! Wow, thanks !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:01 AM
I just LOVE your works, they never cease to amaze me! Thank you for the wonderful home for my Sims to live in!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 1:10 AM
thank you