|Search this Thread|
|4th Sep 2011, 7:19 AM||Celebrity Sims and Making Vampires #1|
Join Date: Aug 2011
Hello, I created this post for everyone who loves mods and custom content but who struggles with both installing and mods that glitch when you mix them. I have compiled a file of the best mods on MTS along with my collection of celebrity sims. The mods and sims were not done by me. This is a great collection in a small amount of file space!
I'm including a list of what mods I have included though there are more mods then I am listing simply because there's tons of them and I can't list each one. It is a small file because I avoided adding large object type mods such as cars and clothing (but there are many clothing files and cars) I just weeded out the larger files. Enjoy!
How to Install : Place the Mods folder and the SavedSims folder in C:\Users\(YOUR COMPUTER NAME)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
1. Automatic Vampire,Ghost,Mummy,Imaginary Friend and Frankinstein! (You can also spawn them)
How it works : Go to "buy mode" and click "Sort by Function" then click the "decor" (flower pot symbol)
then choose the "filter content" button on the far right (it's the snowflake symbol) choose the snowflake
symbol once again to show only custom content. Then you'll see a BROKEN PICTURE FRAME! PLACE THAT FRAME ANYWHERE AND CLICK IT TO TURN THE SIM YOUR USING AT THE MOMENT INTO WHATEVER YOU WANT AND YOU CAN ALSO CURE THEM TO TURN THEM BACK TO NORMAL! ENJOY!
2. Awesome Mod! This does a number of good things but my favorite is that you can see who is traveling around in your neiborhood!
3. Weapons! Under the "Sort by fuction" You can find both the snipper riffle and gun in the ENTERTAINMENT SECTION
(the football icon) after clicking "Filter Content" on the far right (the snowflake symbol) also accessible in
hobbies and skills. Then place them into any room and have a sim put it in their inventory. Then you can go to
your inventory and click the weapon to shoot the sim of your choice. Enjoy!
4. Sliders! There are great sliders that help you make your sims closer to what you want them to look like!
5. CAS Content! There are a LOT of great content in this package!
6. Kill Sims! Dexter The Bear is your ticket to killing sims. It can be found in ENTERTAINMENT in the custom
content or hobbies and skills!
7. Let teen sims play on slides and more!
8. Hidden Skills and Traits!
9. Ghosts can Haunt! Yes they actually move objects around in the home randomly! (You can also do it yourself)
10. More realistic Career and TV Channels!
11. Build Mode Community Lot Objects Now Usable in Home Lots! (Just go to build mode, it's the symbol on the far
12. More likely! - Sims more likely to have brush teeth, 20% Chance of getting Robbers (which it usually almost
never happens so this adds excitement)
11. More Fun! More fun for most activities!
12. Sleep in Coffins! (Available in Bed Section) as well as more Vampire Stuff such as lighting,tables and doors!
13. DJ Booth! (Available in ENTERTAINMENT (The Football Symbol) then you'll find it under AUDIO (the Sound System
14. Unlimited Tresure Chest! (Available in Decor - Miscellaneious or Custom Content)
15. Vampires Attack and Kill! Vampires can now are deadly optionally and they can act on their own. So you can
now do a deadly charm or kill on a sim and kill them but it's only an option.
16. Clean House! You can now clean the house just by clicking the floor instead of clicking each task with a choosen sim.
Here is the link or you can download directly from this post.
(File link deleted by HP)
|4th Sep 2011, 7:28 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2010
I could be wrong (my memory can be quite bad sometimes), but I'm pretty sure someone suggested doing something similar to this (compiling the best mods and such into a single download file) and it was considered a major no-no.
For one thing, it doesn't give the proper credit to the creators who thrive on getting those "thanks" and such from each person that downloads and it also sort of inhibits anyone from finding the correct source if they have any issues with a particular mod (especially AwesomeMod, which is a Core Mod and can severely eff up your game/saves if not used correctly... or if someone decides to get rid of it without reading the proper instructions of how to do so).
Just a warning... this thread might get locked/deleted by an Admin. It was a nice thought though.
If I'm wrong, then please ignore.
|4th Sep 2011, 7:53 AM||#3|
While I understand your motivations were probably coming from a place of wanting to help, this is definitely not allowed, and not a good idea. Mods are usually compatible with only one particular game version (1.22 or 1.24 but not both, for example) and if a user downloads one that is not compatible with their game, it can really screw things up, sometimes in unexpected and odd ways that they may not immediately associate with that mod. Additionally, the original creator's instructions on how to use mods are important, especially if there are particular things to avoid or watch out for, or quirks. And last but not least, creators post their content where and how they want it posted - most of them are not okay with some random person coming along and ganking their work and sticking it in a compilation.
It's one thing to link back to the original creations - which would be perfectly fine - but quite another to go and take their content and repost it. One gives the creators proper credit, lets users get the most updated version as well as check the version compability, and gives them all the instructions... the other is just, well, stealing.