Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:14 AM
Default So, Where'd Your Screename Come From?
I like chocolate, so I went with chocolate at first. But then I thought putting Mc and the beginning would make it sound cuter and less bland, so it became McChocolatey, and then I didn't like the extra "o" which messes up the pronunciation so I went with McChoclatey. I sorta tried to spell it how it sounds.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:27 AM
The first two "big" words I learnt in English.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:38 AM
I hate my screen name, I think it is stupid. I think it was my first screen name anywhere, so I was a noob. lol. I used it here because it was my screen name on the TS2 site and I thought I should keep it. I am seriously thinking of changing it, but then I think of all my uploads with simgrl on them. I don't know what to do....

My simblr
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:51 AM
I used to be Toophish which I picked out of frustration because I dislike having a screen name with numbers tacked on and well, I looked around the room and I had two fish in a tank. Later I changed it because I thought it sounded a little 'fishy' and became Lady Angua which is from a character in the Discworld novels, I use that name everywhere even facebook.
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:09 AM
It was during the time between discovering how awesome the bassoon was and starting to play it. Don't get me wrong, though. I love playing it and it was the instrument for me and everything, I just think that having this as a username is a little odd.

But that was six years ago.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:18 AM
My screen name comes from a line from a poem I wrote in high school. I love the phrase and I even have it tattooed on my body.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:24 AM
My nick is after a little known Irish Druid of the same name. There are maybe 3 there are three other people on the web that I have ever saw use this nick..

It was either that or go with my old Garou character name.. Growls at Dumpsters... World of Darkness.. Bone Gnawer Tribe..
Helptato
#8 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:11 AM
Well...I like sparkles and that's my nickname plus I like cookies and Cookie Monster so I combined the two to make Sparklycookie :3

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:37 AM
Mine: Perverted thoughts O.o
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:37 AM
I just chose a fact about myself. Yes, my name is Ryanhas2dogs because I, in fact, have two miniature poodles.

*Signature Under Construction*
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:59 AM
My personal trainer/friend just out of the blue started calling me vicarious and it stuck, so I've been using it since.
Theorist
#12 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:02 AM
Robodl95 = Rob (shorted form of first name) + o (because my original screename for things like Nick.com was RobotRobby) + dl (middle, last initials) and 95 (year of birth) so the way you'd pronounce my screename is Robo-d-l-95

Hi I'm Paul!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:20 AM
I don't even remember why I gave myself this username. I'd like to think that it comes from the uncertainty of rough drafts or at least spontaneous creations, like when you simply start drawing before you even know what it is you want to draw. Will it just be a lame doodle or an accidental masterpiece? It is certainly possible that was somewhere in my head at the time. However there is also a good chance that I simply could not think of something to put into the username box at the time of my registration. It is not too difficult to imagine me sitting there, thinking "Hmmm. A username...Maybe something along the lines of...? Grrr. I just dunno. Meh." .....which somehow became "maybesomethingdunno".

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Forum Resident
#14 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:32 AM
I'm of Irish descent (though I was born in America); my friends nicknamed me Grace one summer when I was a teenager because I am exceptionally clumsy. I've always been clumsy, that summer just happened to be one of my clumsiest to date.

This used to be the only name I used anywhere online, though I have branched out in the last couple of years lol

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:18 AM
I smashed on the keyboard.
Theorist
#16 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 8:26 AM
When an adult, female sim with the childish trait in TS3 is playing with the doll house sometimes she will say 'shoosh malooka.'
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 9:20 AM
It's my YouTube username ^.^ but originally because I loved Ciara's "Crunk" music and I love kittens. And there, CrunkKitty was born!

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 9:29 AM
It's more or less how you pronounce my family name (though it's not close to how you actually spell it). My family name is fairly unusual and I happen to like it.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 10:05 AM
France of 'nut'. Not nut as in crazy, but nut like almond, hazelnut, etc. I love nuts...

Hey there! :)
Alchemist
#20 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 11:41 AM
Comes from the protagonist of "Jeepers Creepers", one of my favourite films. It was a monster who ate people's organs in order to survive. Pretty puerile, but I still like it.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Forum Resident
#21 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:33 PM
Harries is my last name, first sim I ever made was a self sim 'Missy Harries' (my first names not missy I just thought missy sounded cute plus I like being called missy but I suspect missy harries may sound a bit pretentious!)
It's my user name every where, when I was younger though I would use WhiplashPerrywinke.......... Yeah that ones out of commision.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
France of 'nut'. Not nut as in crazy, but nut like almond, hazelnut, etc. I love nuts...

I thought haricots were beans.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought haricots were beans.

That, or haricot verts are positively the strangest thing I have ever eaten.

One S, two As.
Instructor
#24 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:44 PM
I'm obviously Dutch.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:00 PM
Yes, 'haricots' means beans in French, nuts is 'noix'. Sorry haricots, you'll have to either be a bean or change your name to noix!

My Internet handle is a nickname I've had since childhood. When I was little, I was friends with three siblings whose uncle worked as a clown at kids' shows at local movie theaters on Saturday mornings. One Saturday we attended one of the shows, at which the clown uncle was onstage calling out names from a list he had - if there was a child by one of the names in the audience, they would win a prize. The names he was calling out were all goofy and weird ones that there was very little chance of anyone being named. He called out 'Esmeralda', and suddenly my three friends started pushing me onto the stage, shouting out gleefully over and over, 'HER name's Esmeralda!!!' Their uncle looked horrified and quite annoyed with them, but in order to save face in front of the audience, he was obligated to give me a prize. The name stuck with me ever since (and my three pals all got a good hiding when they got home, ha ha!).

As for the 'F' initial, that happened when I registered on MTS and found that Esmeralda was already taken, at which I felt so frustrated that I uttered a rude word starting with F. So I decided to just add the letter F to my name in order to have a username that wasn't taken. Yes, it's rude and sordid and I'm not proud, but, well, it's pretty funny!
Page 1 of 3