Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 3400 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 6:37 PM
Default How to make everyday clothing formal/swimwear/undies etc.
I don't know where else to put this, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong board.

I recently downloaded some penguin suits from Skankyboy on the site, and I want them to be clothes that aren't just everyday. This is because that when Sims change into their PJ's when they go to bed, they change into Maxis PJ's, revealing their rather ugly faces... (I made everything small on the face).

So how do I make everyday clothing a different category?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 7:21 PM
There's a program called the Wardrobe Wrangler that may be what you need.
http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=457

I have it but have never used it, so can't offer any tips. Good luck!
Banned
DELETED POST
6th Sep 2011 at 8:15 PM Last edited by Extensa5420 : 7th Sep 2011 at 1:41 AM.
This message has been deleted by Extensa5420.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 8:21 PM
Open Bodyshop,click New Project,select wanted outfit.export it and then will appear a...a box in which you can set that clothing to appear as PJs,formal,swimwear,whatever you want! That's what I usually do.

Common sense is so rare these days...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 9:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extensa5420
mysterious program called "Wardrobe Wrangler".

Neither the fact that I've never personally used it, nor the fact that you've apparently never heard of it hardly means the Wardrobe Wrangler is "mysterious" or, as such choice of words seems to imply, unsafe or difficult to use. Might be, but as tt was created by a modder who is reasonably well-known and quite reputable in the community, I wouldn't assume such.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:51 PM Last edited by maxon : 6th Sep 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extensa5420
I recommend the following tutorial. You may want to keep a cheat sheet, so you can categorize clothes yourself with SimPE. It's pretty easy, much easier than installing a mysterious program called "Wardrobe Wrangler".

Nothing mysterious about it and it's both very useful and easy to use to recategorise skins exactly how you want them, even allowing you to do things like exclude (or include) certain ages or genders (for instance, I used it to remove all custom make up from the toddlers'/children's selection. Or you could use it to make adult wear available for elders or YAs).

Additionally, it compresses your skin files when saving making them smaller in size which helps with loading times and space on your drive. You can also use it to geneticise skintones, hair and eyes and to categorise jewellery properly. And then, again, it will allow you to townify clothing items - meaning that the clothes are available for your townies to wear when they are generated anew and that your sims have a chance to grow up into your CC clothes and not Maxis. And you can use it to look through your CC skins and delete stuff you don't want. Also, it has an orphan mesh scanner (though you have to know how to use that one). And you can use it to correct the footwear sounds and ... <breath> the only thing it doesn't do is remove extra textures though there's a useful programme from CatofEvilGenius that does that.

Furthermore, JFade, who made the programme, is a well-known and respected member of the Sims modding community.

Edit - sorry Darby, didn't see your admonition. Ninja'd!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Edit - sorry Darby, didn't see your admonition. Ninja'd!

No apology needed. Your superior knowledge of the program made for very valuable input into the issue - thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxy245
Open Bodyshop,click New Project,select wanted outfit.export it and then will appear a...a box in which you can set that clothing to appear as PJs,formal,swimwear,whatever you want! That's what I usually do.

Thanks, really helped

Quote:
mysterious program called Wardrobe Wrangler

Lol'd.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 4:21 PM
Thanks for this, I have some beautiful outfits in the wrong categories. :P

Section jump