Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 2966 times. | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved-incompatible cc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 12:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default Sims 3 "not responding"?
Hi,
At the beginning of the week, I began to download some custom content (at the time, it was patterns and a few objects) to my Sims 3 game and it worked fine. However, on Thursday and Friday, I downloaded some new custom content (mainly outfits and some hair/accessories for my Sims) and now the game stops responding after I click on "Play" in the Launcher. It loads to a black screen, but then when I press ctrl+alt+delete my task manager says Sims 3 is not responding.
I've tried going through all of my custom content to see if I had any corrupted files, but they all seem to work fine when uploaded to the Mod folder in threes or fours, but more than about six seems to make the game crash.
I've tried reinstalling the mods, separating the CC into sections and reuploading it a bit at a time, deleting CC files I can live without, deleting the game cache files, making sure I have the latest patches and even uninstalling and reinstalling the latest expansion pack (though I think I may have just cost myself an installation because I didn't know what deauthorizing my machine was when I uninstalled, and so didn't do it, and now I don't know how to xD) but nothing seems to be working. So can I wrack you guys' brains please? All help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 12:40 PM
And yes, before anyone asks, I've tried all the steps in this documentation.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#3 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 2:00 PM
This sounds like a core mod conflict, either between two core mods (you can only have one), or between your game and a core mod which isn't designed for the latest patch.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 2:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider
This sounds like a core mod conflict, either between two core mods (you can only have one), or between your game and a core mod which isn't designed for the latest patch.

Oookay, so how do I go about finding out which core mods I've got, and which ones to delete? Most of my downloads have come from here so I imagine most of them are up to date for the latest patch, but is there anyway I can find that out without hunting around for all the users I downloaded from?

Thanks, btw. I'm just totally clueless when it comes to things like this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 9:42 AM
Not to make my problem sound super vitally important, but since I haven't had an answer, I figured I'd bump this up - is that allowed?
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 10:47 AM
Do you happen to have the no-intro mod that came with the framework from here? My game crashed when I had that in my packages folder (loaded to the black screen), but once I removed it everything was fine. That's the only advice I can give you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 5:06 PM
Hi GigaRevival,
I definitely didn't download a no-intro mod; could it have downloaded in a package with other mods?
I can't see anything entitled "no-intro" in my Mods folders - or any of my Sims3 folders, come to that. :/
Thanks though! Any and all advice very gratefully received! :D
Site Helper
#8 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 5:17 PM
There is an easy way to find a core mod. It's not going to be a sims 3 pack unless someone was -very- irresponsible. Get Delphy's Dashboard. Run it and have it scan all your package files.

Look under the column labeled "Type" It will tell you if you have a core mod installed. It will not highlight them if you have more than one, but you can click it to put all entries of the same type together and see if "Core Mod" shows up on more than one line. Unfortunately, you are responsible for remembering where and when you got them. As for which you can delete; pick the one you like the best and dump the rest. Twallan tries to stay compatible with Awesome Mod, so check the thread if one of his core mods is in with AM. You may be able to put it back. Be warned that removing a core mod -can- make your current game unplayable. If the unmodded game doesn't allow something that is active with one of the sims (Like teen woohoo, extra traits, etc.) then that data won't be there anymore and you will get a notice that this was saved with expansion data that is no longer available and cannot be loaded.

(And as a side note, which probably doesn't affect you, "Not Responding" doesn't necessarily mean "died." It means that the program is too busy with something that it is doing to bother with acknowledging any other input right now. You get the same response if it's loading a lot of data. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 11:20 PM
Ghost, thank you so much. On downloading Delphy's Dashboard, I found out that I had a couple of corrupt files, and a ton of the stuff I'd downloaded was actually for Sims2, and now the game seems to run so much better. Thanks for the advice! I'm keeping the Dashboard now just in case I have the same problem in the future! <3
Site Helper
#10 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 7:14 PM
I'm glad it was such an easy fix.

I make a policy of scanning my new downloads before I ever actually play the game with them in there. It helps prevent problems.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Closed Thread

Section jump